Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Old Methods, Tried and True


We are reverting back to our old ways today.  Remember last year when we followed a specific format for my posts?  Well, in an effort to make things a little easier for a bit until our Internet issues are figured out, we will be using this format for the time being.

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1). My husband for his love and support.

2) Good family and friends for their words of encouragement all along the way.

From the Camera:

I am absolutely loving all the design inspiration I'm finding.  Love, love, love these!!!!  AND a few more.....thanks to Pinterest.


From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

I am loving this simple sign hung just above the couch in the photo below that displays your wedding date, possibly.  Love it!!!  Gotta make one of these for my living room.  Time to dig out my templates.


From the Heart and Spirit:

“What may appear initially to be a daunting task will be much easier to manage over time as you consistently strive to recognize and follow feelings prompted by the Spirit. Your confidence in the direction you receive from the Holy Ghost will also become stronger. I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear.” Elder Richard G. Scott

From the Kitchen:

Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings

3 granny smith apples
2  8 count cans crescent rolls
3/4 cups butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon, to sprinkle
1 can 12 oz Mountain Dew

Directions:
Peel and core apples.
Cut apples into 16 slices each. 
Roll each slice into a crescent roll. 
Place in a sprayed 13x9 baking dish or pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar, stir gently. 
Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. 
Pour the Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. 
Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.


From the Schmidt's and Rambling Thoughts:

I'm determined to be happy!  Over the past several days I've let the comments of others effect me in a negative way, but not today.  (So far, at least.).  I've been running myself so thin lately trying to do everything for everyone, failing miserably at it I might add, and not taking a few moments for myself and it's really getting to me lately.  It seems like there are never enough hours in any given day to do everything on my "To-do" list....or once my plans are layed out something seems to always happen to derail me and send me off in a different direction.  All I can say is, oh well.  C'est la vie [say lah vee]. It is what it is.  I have two choices.  Let their comments effect me and be unhappy or forget about it and be happy. I'm choosing the later.  Are you shocked??  I know, I know.  

I ended up coming home from work and taking a quick nap.  I wasn't feeling tired until the heat hit me when I walked out to my car (I mean Danielle's car) this afternoon.  The oven called Arizona that we live in is taking its toll on all of us.  118 degree heat!  This was the funny forecast passed around on Facebook last week.
It's so true!  So the fact that anyone can still be happy through this heat is actually a miracle.  Thank heavens for pools, air conditioning, cool showers, and Popsicles.  😊😊😊

From the Missionary:

Nothing new from the missionary yet.  Later in the week.

Quote of the Day:

Take care my friends and we will talk to you soon

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...