ALERT: We interrupt this station for a word from our sponsors.....the Internet is down at our house until further notice, so my posts might be sporadic until it's back to normal. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you during this time as my posts will have to come from my phone. That means there could be lots of errors. Please do not correct the posts, send them to me by email or snail mail showing me the corrections, because I already know there will be some. Fight that urge....you know who you are. ~smile~smile~
Today is my sweet husband's birthday. He is 50 years old today!!!
That's right, the BIG Five-O!!!
For years now Kevin has insisted that when he dies he doesn't want the traditional funeral. He wants me to stage a big game of Kevin Trivia and those that answer the trivia questions correctly win Kevin memorabilia.
I know, I know.
It's a crazy hair-Brian idea, but it makes us all laugh whenever we get on the dreaded subject of him leaving us any time soon.
Well, last night Kevin announced that the scooter his Mom bought him will have to be the Grand Prize for the biggest winner of Kevin Trivia.
(This is the scooter)
Never a dull moment that's for sure. We celebrated Kevin's birthday with dinner. Nothing fancy just tacos. Then instead of cake we had a little ice-cream. Kevin wasn't up for much more. He is back at it and not feeling well again. He's calling the doctor tomorrow. Poor guy.
Kevin did receive some very nice cards from family and friends. My Mom and Dad sent him a little money to do something fun with and so did our dear friend Bev. Please know he is most grateful and will thank you all himself soon. Facebook friends, he will react as soon as he can.
Lexi freaked me out a little the other day when she announced to me that she has no intention of getting married and wants to become one of Heavenly Father's angels instead. I didn't want her to know just how much that freaked me out. Luckily when she said it again yesterday Kevin was around and put it into perspective for her. I love that man! I'm hoping in time she will change her mind.
Here is another list a friend shared on Facebook. Give it a try....
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!
1. Did you marry someone from your high school? No (rival school)
2. Did you car pool to school? Yes.
3. What kind of car did you have? I didn't get my first car until after I graduated. It was an old Chevy Malibu.
4. What kind of car do you have now?
5. Its Friday night...where were you? Dinner, Movies, Bowling, to the Zoo, to Tommy's in Phoenix to go Dancing. (A teen club. This was the 80's remember)
6. It is Friday night... Where are you now?
At home with the family.
7. What kind of job did you have in school? My first job was working at a flower shop after school and on Saturdays.
8. What kind of job do you have now? I work in Advisor Services at Charles Schwab. I'm what's called a Transfer Specialist. I assist Advisors who want to move their clients assets in or out of Schwab. I've been there for ten and a half years now.
9. Were you a party animal? I'd say no.
10. Were you considered a flirt? No. Not at all.
11. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir Senior year? I was in choir in Elementary School, Junior High, and the first three years of High School. I did try band for one year, but hated it.
12. Were you a nerd? Not at all
13. Did you get suspended or expelled? Never!!!
14. Can you sing the fight song? No probably not.
15. Who was/were your favorite teachers? I can't even remember names. I do remember an English teacher a male teacher) looking at my outfit one time from head to toe and telling me exactly what he liked and didn't like about what I was wearing one time in front of the entire class. I was mortified and wanted to crawl under a rock. Needless to say, he was never one of my favorites and I can remember his name. Go figure.
16. Where did you sit at lunch? We would usually go out to lunch.
17. What was your school's full name? The first three years, Cabrillo High School in Califonia.
Then my Senior year, Mesa Mountain View High School.
18. When did you graduate? 1985
19. What was your school mascot? At Cabrillo, the Conquestador. At Mt View, the Toro or better known as a bull.
20. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Probably. If only I knew then what I know now.....who knows what could have happened. I might have tried a little harder in class. You know, things like that.
21. Did you have fun at Prom? I only went to Prom my Junior year. I'm glad I got to go, but I could take it or leave it.
22. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No. We are friends on Facebook, but that's it.
23. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Probably not. I'd love to go but....It's just not in the budget to travel right now.
24. Do you still talk to people from school? Yes, of course.
25. What are/were your school's colors?
Black and Gold
Red white and blue
26. Who was your secret high school crush? Oh, I had many crushes. Thank heavens none of them ever worked out in my favor. Most of them made bad choices and I'm happy it didn't work out.
It's been a long day and this girls eyes are killing her. Time to say good-bye. Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.