Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday? Already?!!

I tried sleeping in until 4:20, which didn't happen.  I'm at work and it's lunch time and I've not gotten to my blog yet.  Yikes.  Could it be Monday morning blues?  Feeling a bit emotional today.  TIME TO SNAP OUT OF IT.  So, here's my happy thought, my family.  Who couldn't smile when they think of their family!  Time to count my blessings!  But first, a few emotions....

Emotional:  All kinds of emotions have been running a muck all week for me!  I've been stressed, worried, scared, confused....you name it, and a little teary eyed.  I was doing fine right up until right after Danielle's wedding.  At first I thought I was feeling the let down of sort of losing my daughter and that was a part of it.  At first, right after she got married I was worried about a few things that were happening to her and wanted to turn on the "Momma Bear" mode to jump in and protect her.  Thankfully, Danielle can hold her own and has managed to handle her own issues in the best way she knows how so I am confident she is just fine.  She's got a great husband and he loves her.  It takes time for two people to become one, and this Momma does not need to get involved....that would be bad!  You know how it is....shifting gears from protecting and handling things for your kids to letting them handling and protect themselves and taking a back seat approach.  Totally my issue and no one else's.  Now that the wedding/reception planning is all over I feel like I need something to do.  I need a project.  I need something to look forward to.  Something that will help get my mind off some of the things we deal with on a daily basis.  Know what I mean?  

Grateful:  I was asked to do something.  It's not something that will get me out of the house like I had hoped, but it's something I can do easily and shouldn't take up too much time on my part.  I'm just grateful to be asked and excited to have something to do, and grateful my prayers were answered. (more on what that is soon.)

Confused:  I've been given so many telephone numbers and things to call to get some help for Kevin my head is spinning!  I got some contacts from doctors and friends, then today my bishop gave me a resource!  WOW!  Who knew there was so much available.  Love it!  But it's going to take some time to weed through everything and get where we need to go.  

Lazy:  I had high hopes of getting a lot done this weekend, but that didn't happen.  I stayed up super late Friday night picking a few things up and watching a little TV.  Then Saturday morning I woke up at 4:30 when Kyle was getting up for work, only to fall back asleep around 8:30.  I ended up sleeping until about 11:30.  Shortly after that, I received a text from Lexi telling me she was almost home from Girl's Camp.  She got to the house at about 2p.m.  We talked a bit about her adventures, got her settled in with some medicine for her sore throat, and then Kyle called on his way home from work.  I then called Danielle to come help me with something.  She dropped everything, ran an errand with me, went to the grocery store with me, helped me unload my car, and then I got gas and dropped her off at her house.  I got to see her place.  I had not been over there yet just because I wanted to give the newly weds some space and time together before the Mom came by.  Danielle has been asking and asking me to come by and see the place.  It's nice.  It's a condo and it's perfect size for them.  In fact, I was looking around at her place thinking it would be a perfect size for Kevin and I if I could figure out how to get Kevin up and down stairs.  After that, I came home, made dinner and went back to sleep.  Sunday I was just as lazy.  I ran Kyle to work at 5, came home and slept until 11, then went to church, met with our bishop, talked to a few friends in the hallways, and took off early to go pick Kyle up.  When we got home I fell back asleep and woke up around 8:30.  Talk about a lazy weekend!  

Excited:  That Lexi had an awesome time at Girl's Camp.  That Kyle is loving his job and excited for the opportunities he has there.  That Curtis is loving his mission.  AND Danielle is enjoying married life and loving every minute of it, and her new job too.  

Frustrated:  I was asked to do something that I completely do NOT want to do, but I said YES.  (No, it has nothing to do with church)  What was I thinking?  Oh, well!  I said yes.  I'll just do it and get it over with.  And as  Kevin said, "Don't worry about it and I'll still be alive."
 
Full:  From dinner last night....STILL!  We, I mean I, had left overs.  We made homemade tacos/burritos Saturday night and Sunday was a left over night.  Easy.  Yummy, and very little clean up!  Love it.

Aware:  That when I get in this mood, I need to count my blessings!
  • I have a strong testimony of the gospel and that brings me peace at times of pain, confusion, and suffering.
  • I'm blessed with so so many good friends and a wonderful family.
  • Kevin tolerates me, even when I don't feel well.  AND, he gives me words of love and encouragement.  Love that!
  • We had a good weekend together, even though Kevin wasn't feeling his best, it was filled with some good laughs, lots of love, even if nothing got done around the house like I had planned.  
  • My kids are very happy and express it often.  It is my biggest confirmation that we are on the path that we should be on.  
  • My daughters, Danielle and Lexi, are good friends as this mother could have!  
  • I am blessed with so many people that are willing to help us get through all that we are going through from old and dear friends reaching out to me on Facebook, to old and dear friends in our Ward family too.  
  • It's so hot!  Even though the weather is super hot, I'm not feeling as effected by it as I felt last year.  Trick, stay hydrated, it's as simple as that!  (My daughter told me about someone going on a trip to Taiwan where they deal with 100% humidity all the time....Yikes!  So grateful to live in the United States!)
  • I'm feeling better today than I was this weekend!  Happiness!  (I went to church today and that always seems to lift me up and lighten my load, so to speak.)  

A RECIPE:



Easy Banana Bread! 

Ingredients 
3 Large Over ­ripe Bananas mashed 
1/2 cup of Mayo (I use Hellmann's) 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 egg 
1 1/2 cups flour 
3/4 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts 

Instructions 
1. Preheat the oven to 350F 
2. In a large bowl, mix your over ­ripe mashed bananas, mayo, vanilla, and egg together until well combined 
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt 
4. Next add in flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until its JUST combined ­ making sure NOT to over­ mix because it will be thick 
5. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan 9x5 in size 
6. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top evenly 
7. Bake 55­-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center 
8. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
 9. Slice & ENJOY! 


Quote of the Day:

Enough said.  Have a great day!  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...