Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mothers....the REAL Hero's!

My Mother is a REAL Hero in my life.

We all inspire each other in different ways, but it's MY Mother who inspires me the most.  She is the backbone of our family and the one who keeps our family together.  My Mother has always taken a backseat in our family and rarely likes to be in the spotlight.  It has been said that "a mother's heart is a child's classroom."  I am so thankful for all that my mother taught me over the years and I'm proud to be her daughter.  At a young age my mother taught me the importance of having a relationship with our Heavenly Father and attending church.  By the example that she set, I knew how important her membership in our church as well as her relationship with our Heavenly Father was to her.  In my opinion, there isn't anything more important to teach your children than how to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father.  Through her example and her determination to do whatever needed to be done to obey Heavenly Father, Mom taught me how to endure hard things well.  As well as, to whom I could turn for peace and comfort throughout my life.  I watched my Mother never quit, no matter what.  I had a front row seat to my mother's constant devotion to and love for my Father.  I remember there were many hard times when I was young, but Mom never complained.  Instead, she learned to endure the hard times well.  Everything in my life today came from those humble beginnings.  Today I know that obedience has it's rewards.  If we will follow the example of Jesus Christ, and endure hardships well, we will be blessed for our efforts.  Mom also taught me something else about enduring hard things well.  She never magnified the sacrifices she made or the service she offered, and rarely talked about these things or boasted.  She showed me that things are not always as bad as they sometimes seem to be, and that if I endure hardship well and look up, things always have a way of working out for the best.  Mom taught me how to be faithful and I try every day to emulate her example every day in the best way I know how.  Not only did she teach me how to be faithful to my God, but also in word and deed.  If I say I am going to do something, I try to do just that, and complete anything I start.  Mom never liked a liar and she taught me never to lie.  She said that "once you tell one lie, you find yourself having to tell many more just to keep up with the first one you told.  So it's best never to tell the first one so you don't get into that trap".  She taught me to keep my word.  Mom taught me the difference between right and wrong and how to make the right decisions in my life.  She also taught me the importance of unconditional love, which is the kind of love that has influenced my life immeasurably!  Many people talk about my Dad, and how amazing he is....and he is!  BUT, I'm here today as a result of my mother's faith and the things she taught me.  She knew that with her efforts to teach me all the things I learned in her home that she would never have to shed a tear over a wayward daughter.  No, I haven't always made the best choices in life.  I've messed up from time to time, and I've done some things in the past I probably shouldn't have.  But thankfully I have the blessings of the Atonement in my life, and was taught by my mother's example how to repent, how to forgive, and how to forgive myself too.  One thing that is a comfort when I make mistakes, are the words of my Mother that come to me in times of need. I'm sure it took a lot of prayer on her part, as well as my Father's, to raise me.  I know that Heavenly Father has heard and answered my Mother's prayers over the years for me.  My life has been blessed because her prayers were indeed answered.  These are just a few things I have learned from my Mother and the amazing woman that she is.  She truly is a blessing in my life! I love her, and hope that she has a wonderful Mother's Day. 

This is my Mom.
Judy Zimmerman.
She ALWAYS had her hair done and never left the house without looking her best!  In fact, every time she went into the hospital to give birth to one of us kids, she was up right after fixing her hair and making sure every hair was in place!  The nurses thought she had someone come in to do it for her every time.  My Mom has class and a sense of style, but she never tried to put up appearances.  I remember a time when someone thought my Mom was "hoity-toity' and after they got to know her they felt they had to apologize to her for ever thinking that about her.  'Hoity-toity' my mother is not!  Quite the opposite!  Her and I had a good laugh when she me told  that story.

 

Mom holding her newest and youngest grandchild. 
Mom, decked out as a lumberjack for Halloween.
Mom, in the background getting ready to come over to console me as I watched my husband dance with our daughter at her wedding reception.  
 
A Tribute to ALL Mothers.....

Happy Mother's Day!
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

A Great tribute to your Mother! Have a Happy Mother's Day, Sondra!

Sondra Schmidt said...

Thank you Sylvia. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day too.

Sondra Schmidt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...