Monday, May 30, 2016

Life's Full of Surprises!

This may be the longest list I've ever answered!
Here's a little blog challenge that I stumbled across and thought it was a good one.  The things in bold are the items on the list that I have done in my lifetime and I've added a short comment after each.  Some may surprise those closest to me.  Others are a given.  Some brought back some good memories too.  

  • 1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink 
  • 02. Swam with wild dolphins 
  • 03. Climbed a mountain - lots of them! When I was in Elementary School I belonged to a hiking club.  The end of the year trip was a rim to rim hike of the Grand Canyon.  I loved it! 
  • 04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - taken other sports cars though 
  • 05. Been inside the Great Pyramid 
  • 06. Held a tarantula - Why would I want to? 
  • 07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone - enough said!
  • 08. Said “I love you’ and meant it - every day!!
  • 09. Hugged a tree - Girl's Camp!  
  • 10. Bungee jumped - no one will do it with me! 
  • 11. Visited Paris - Does the one in Las Vegas count? 
  • 12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - Junior High and High School years spent in California.  Need I say more?
  • 13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - several times!
  • 14. Seen the Northern Lights 
  • 15. Gone to a huge sports game - Hockey Games.
  • 16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa 
  • 17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - only once or twice in my lifetime.  How sad is that?! 
  • 18. Touched an iceberg 
  • 19. Slept under the stars - more times than I can count
  • 20. Changed a baby’s diaper - more times than I want to remember
  • 21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon 
  • 22. Watched a meteor shower - once or twice.
  • 23. Gotten drunk on champagne 
  • 24. Given more than you can afford to charity - and blessed for it constantly
  • 25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - Yes!
  • 26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - Yes!  In fact, I can remember having a couple with my Mom in the middle of Sacrament Meeting.  I just can't remember what set us off, but we giggled quietly together through most of the meeting.  
  • 27. Had a food fight - not my favorite memory
  • 28. Bet on a winning horse 
  • 29. Asked out a stranger 
  • 30. Had a snowball fight - It's been a LONG time.
  • 31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - no comment!
  • 32. Held a lamb 
  • 33. Seen a total eclipse - Yes!  When Curtis is around we see all these cool things. 
  • 34. Ridden a roller coaster - I love roller coasters!  
  • 35. Hit a home run - not very often, but once or twice.  
  • 36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - more times than I could mention!  Most recently at my daughter's reception.  
  • 37. Adopted an accent for an entire day - not for a day, but a couple of hours at least.
  • 39. Had two hard drives for your computer 
  • 40. Visited all 50 states 
  • 41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - don’t want to remember, but I have.
  • 42. Had amazing friends - and some are reading this list right now.
  • 43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country 
  • 44. Watched wild whales - When we lived in California we would see whales from time to time.  Mostly those that were sick and would beach themselves along the coastline on the Air Force Base we lived on.  Sad!  
  • 45. Stolen a sign - I didn’t do it intentionally
  • 46. Backpacked in Europe 
  • 47. Taken a road-trip- wish we could do this more often!
  • 48. Gone rock climbing 
  • 49. Midnight walk on the beach - Once or twice.  Once when we had Girl's Camp on the beach and another couple of times when I went camping with a friend and her family on the beach.  Loved it every time!
  • 50. Gone sky diving - on my to do list! 
  • 51. Visited Ireland 
  • 52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love - no comment
  • 53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them. 
  • 54. Visited Japan 
  • 55. Milked a cow - Field Trip with my kids, the things we do as parents.  
  • 56. Alphabetized your CDs - and what’s wrong with that?
  • 57. Pretended to be a superhero - I have kids, remember?
  • 58. Sung karaoke - you don’t want to hear about it or hear it!
  • 59. Lounged around in bed all day - more times that I should confess to
  • 60. Posed nude in front of strangers - hey, I didn’t write this survey! 
  • 61. Gone scuba diving 
  • 62. Kissed in the rain - absolutely! why is this so romantic? Another must for everyone! 
  • 63. Played in the mud - I use to play in the mud all the time when I was little.  
  • 64. Played in the rain - all the time!  Except when it was thundering and lightening.  
  • 65. Gone to a drive-in theater - We use to go every Friday and Saturday nights in California.  Then when we moved to Arizona, that wasn't the cool thing to do at all. 
  • 66. Visited the Great Wall of China 
  • 67. Started a business - Once
  • 68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - I’m married to him!
  • 69. Toured ancient sites - Do Indian Ruins count?
  • 70. Taken a martial arts class 
  • 71. Played a game for more than 6 hours straight - CARDS!  Once or twice.  
  • 72. Gotten married - to the best guy EVER!
  • 73. Been in a movie 
  • 74. Crashed a party - seriously? Who hasn’t
  • 75. Gotten divorced
  • 76. Gone without food for 5 days - five hours would be a challenge! LOL
  • 77. Made cookies from scratch - Every time we make them!  
  • 78. Won first prize in a costume contest - When I was much younger! 
  • 79. Ridden a gondola in Venice 
  • 80. Gotten a tattoo 
  • 81. Rafted the Salt River 
  • 82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” 
  • 83. Got flowers for no reason - Once or twice
  • 84. Performed on stage - many, many times, but don’t ask me to sing!
  • 85. Been to Las Vegas - only a couple of times as we were driving through.
  • 86. Recorded music 
  • 87. Eaten shark - Grilled shark!  It's really good.
  • 88. Had a one-night stand 
  • 89. Gone to Thailand 
  • 90. Bought a house - once.  
  • 91. Been in a combat zone - I lived in one with teenagers for a while there.  LOL! 
  • 92. Buried one/both of your parents 
  • 93. Been on a cruise ship- LOVED IT!   
  • 94. Spoken more than one language fluently 
  • 95. Performed in Rocky Horror - sang along, but never performed.   
  • 96. Raised children (or…raising children) - Four of them!  
  • 97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour 
  • 98. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country 
  • 100. Picked up and moved to another city to start over - at least twice.  Once to move to El Paso, Texas with Kevin's work, and then to move back home once he was promoted to be closer to family.
  • 101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - been there but haven’t walked it 
  • 102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking - all the time
  • 103. Had plastic surgery 
  • 104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived 
  • 105. Wrote articles for a large publication 
  • 106. Lost over 100 pounds (cumulatively, if you count pregnancy! lol!) - Do I really have to answer this one
  • 107. Held someone while they were having a flashback - unfortunately yes
  • 108. Piloted an airplane 
  • 109. Petted a stingray 
  • 110. Broken someone’s heart - unfortunately yes
  • 111. Helped an animal give birth - kittens.
  • 112. Won money on a T.V. game show 
  • 113. Broken a bone - both wrists at the same time!
  • 114. Gone on an African photo safari 
  • 115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced 
  • 116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol - It was fun!  
  • 117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild 
  • 118. Ridden a horse - A Couple of times.
  • 119. Had major surgery - C Section, appendectomy, Gall Bladder Removed.
  • 120. Had a snake as a pet 
  • 121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - I Hiked Rim to Rim one summer with a hiking club I belonged to in Elementary School
  • 122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - while I was sick a couple of times
  • 123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states 
  • 124. Visited all 7 continents 
  • 125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days 
  • 126. Eaten kangaroo meat 
  • 127. Eaten sushi 
  • 128. Had your picture in the newspaper - a couple of times in school years 
  • 129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about - if you count missionary work, yes. Also, a few other situations that should remain unmentioned
  • 130. Gone back to school 
  • 131. Parasailed 
  • 132. Petted a cockroach - No, Yuck!
  • 133. Eaten fried green tomatoes - Does Green Salsa Count?
  • 134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey - Does this make me illiterate? 
  • 135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read. Several... should have just read them back then!
  • 136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating 
  • 137. Skipped all your school reunions - I've thought about going, but other things came up and I missed each and every one. 
  • 138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - many times when a foreigner needed help or directions
  • 139. Been elected to public office 
  • 140. Written your own computer language 
  • 141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream - every time I hear my children tell me they love me or thank me for the things we have taught them.  Love that!  
  • 142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care - not personally, but watched my father-in-law placed in their care.  
  • 143. Built your own PC from parts
  • 144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you - does selling your own craft projects count? 
  • 145. Had a booth at a street fair - does a craft boutique count?
  • 146. Dyed your hair - All the time!  Otherwise I'd be completely grey.
  • 147. Been a DJ 
  • 148. Shaved your head 
  • 149. Caused a car accident - It was a minor accident.  Nothing serious.
  • 150. Saved someone’s life 
See that wasn't too painful.  
I ran across this and thought I'd share...
A public service announcement:  A great tip that everyone should do right now!  Program a number into your cellphone that says Emergency Contact.  Then list the number you would like called in the event of an emergency.  Apparently EMT's now check your phone first in the event of an accident.  So, if you have an Emergency Contact already set up in your phone it's much easier than having them go through all of your numbers and guessing.  I added the number in my phone.  It only took 20 seconds.  

I mentioned the other day that I called Danielle to have her help me return a few things to friends.  Well, I am still working to declutter my home.  Today I will be meeting up with someone to drop off another piece I've needed to get rid of.  It gives me a good feeling to see less of this stuff around my house.  It's a slow process, but it's coming along. STOP!!  Hold on.  Change of plans.  I'm not going anywhere.  I've had to stay close to home all weekend.  My stomach and some kind of bug has kept me close home.  Arg!  I cancelled my appointment with that person and we will have to try for another day.  Frustrating.  

Today it's crunch time getting Lexi ready for Girl's Camp.  She has packed her bag and she is washing the final things she will need.  She have a couple things to  still pick up from the store before she drops off her bag tonight, but she is just about done!  I'm just glad she isn't kicking and screaming about going.  She offered to pay me back the $80 for camp if I would let her stay home, but I refused.  She knows better.  I would never let her stay home.  She doesn't want to go, but she knows she needs to go.  It will be good for her and we think she needs this.  She just needs to get out and go have some fun with girls her age.  Her dad will give her a father's blessing before she goes like he always does too!  It breaks my heart that she doesn't want to go.  She said you aren't important up at Girl's Camp unless your Mom is up there with you.  I told her, I would love to go, but they will never let me go.  I work.  I could take some vacation time if they would if I would have scheduled it in advance.  It really doesn't matter.  Besides, this is Lexi's last year to go anyway.  We know she will have a good time and come home worn out and glad she went.  She always does.  It just takes a gentle nudge to get her out the door each time.  Funny how that happens sometimes.

Other than that, those are our plans for today and this afternoon.  Nothing too crazy.  Still sticking close to home for now.  Hope you have all enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...