Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Just Another Day.

I'm not handling things well this week.  
It's like someone has lifted some kind of protective covering from off of me or something and my eyes are wide open now.  I don't like it!  Everything is getting on my nerves this week.  

Not good.  
 
I know what the problem is, but I shouldn't talk about that here.  My issue stems from a series of events that have taken place recently, and that's all I'm going to share.  

I finally couldn't take it anymore, and just called the temple and had my name added to the prayer rolls.  I know that may sound extreme, but when I'm feeling like I did when I first started seeing my therapist, I know somethings not right and I need all the help I can get.  Don't freak out!  Seeing a therapist doesn't mean you suffer from a mental illness or anything.  In fact, I've learned that I am quite the opposite but circumstances in my life have caused me to need to talk to someone.  I love my therapist!  In fact, I invited her to my daughter's wedding reception.  She respectfully declined.  She said that if I were say at a restaurant and she arrived after I did, she would have to leave so as not to make me feel uncomfortable.  She said there could be people at the reception that she would know and that might not be a good thing.  I told her I totally understood, but that I felt like she was part of our family now and wanted her to know she was invited.  She is awesome!

  Now don't get me wrong, I don't feel quite the way I use to feel yet, and I don't want to ever go back to that again.  Not at all!!  I'm just glad I see the signs and have a way to work through this.  That is a huge blessing!  

The doctor's office did it again and messed up Kevin's prescriptions.  It's so frustrating because by the time you realize something is wrong it's too late to run to their Chandler office to get it fixed.  Which means I have to take time off work to fix it.  It can't be anyone other than me.  Arg!  I'm so frustrated!  I think when a doctor's office messes up, especially for someone in Kevin's situation, the doctor's office should have to drive to the home to fix the problem instead of inconveniencing the family.  Don't you think? I know, that would never happen.  

Kevin and Kyle were both waiting for me when I got off work yesterday in the parking lot.  I'm always surprised to see Kevin in the car when I get picked up at work, because I know how much he hurts if he sits up for too long.
We stopped for gas on the way home and ended up taking the surface streets through Phoenix for a little bit.  By the time we were closer to home it was a lot later than when I usually get home from work so we went by the pharmacy to drop off the prescriptions.  While we were in line at the drive thru I noticed that the one prescription was wrong so I called the doctor's office right away.  I'm just glad I saw it and called them right away.  Who knows what would have happened if I didn't check their work and the work of the pharmacy too.  It sure seems to be happening a lot more than I care for.  Not good!  And it's a little scary too!  

Today when I left for the doctor's office I noticed I had quite a bit of mail in our box, so I stopped to pick it up.  I'm glad I did because there were a few things in there for me!  Usually it's just bills.  Nothing fun.  Today I received a card for my birthday from my oldest daughter with a nice letter.  

This is the card....
and the letter.....
the back....
Here is what the letter said....

Mom,

I hope you have a wonderful birthday week.  I love you.

I know that you don't like being described as strong, but it is one of the qualities I admire most in you.  You know how to persevere, where many other women would have given up. You have always been strong, and it takes a strong woman to be an amazing mother and an example to her children.  That strength has shone through in many memories that I have growing up.  You've shown it through bearing your testimony, making the difficult choices, and making sure Kyle, Curtis, Lexi, and I knew how to make the hard choices.  It is hard to go to church, and I struggle with it, but there was a point that something you said to me made me get past whatever hang ups I had with church and go.  Mom, I am very grateful for your example and how you have always found a way to share your testimony with all of us kids.  It has left a mark on is that we cannot forget, and makes each of us want to be better.  I don't think I would have gotten married in the temple if it had not been for the conversation you and I had on the phone.  I don't remember all of it, but what I do remember is you telling me why church is important and you bearing your testimony.  I am so thankful for you.  You are an amazing woman.

I know that there are moments I sound just like you, and lately they make me smile.  If I am half as strong as you are that would be an accomplishment. 

Thank you for always taking the time to talk to me, and talk me through things.

I love you Mom!

Love ya,

Danielle

After I read the letter, I sent Danielle a text telling her that she made me cry.  Here reply made me laugh.  She sent back, "You're welcome."  Crazy kid!  

It did make my day! Thank you Danielle.

We received a letter from Elder Schmidt today, but first a few photos of him during a mission leadership council meetings.

The group

Curtis is standing to the right of Elder Nutall, his last companion just before this recent move.  


See Curtis in the background to the left.

Curtis in the background to the right.

This is Elder Sorenson, Elder Schmidt's very first companion.
Elder Sorenson is now an AP. 

Here is Elder Schmidt's letter....


Hey everyone,

     This week was definitely an interesting one as you already know
hahah. On Monday I was able to go to the missionary leadership council
for this month. That was pretty cool to talk with president on how to
better improve the mission. And then yesterday during zone meeting I
got to give a training on some stuff we learned at the council meeting
. It was pretty fun.
     Being a district leader is just like being a normal missionary.
In the little PDF that I got, it talked about the district leader
stewardship.  It basically says that I just need to be an example. It's
weird leading district meeting with five sisters, my companion, and I.
It's pretty good since the sisters talk a lot, so I can just ask a
question and they do the rest hahah.
     The area I'm in is huge!!!! It takes over an hour to get from one
side of our area to the other. We are lucky we live pretty close to
the center. It's kinda funny, we live in some college housing right
next to sunny New Paltz. The area has a lot of hippies and a lot of
college students. It pretty fun doing contacting on the campus even
though I'm still not sure if we are completely allowed. We are
teaching a guy named Axxxxx who was invited to church by a member. He
struggles because he lives with some people who pressure him away from
the church. Axxxxx is Indian and all of the people he has lived around
are Hindi and so if he joins the church he says they would do bad
things. So he studies with us and he wants to make changes to be
better, which is cool.
     Some other things we do here is service service service. We chop
and move a lot of wood. We've painted some rooms for a lady. Helped a
guy with his car. Helped a lady clear a trail she is building in her
back yard for an out door fitness course. And of course, moving people
hahah. It's so much fun, this is the type of stuff I love doing so I'm
having a blast.
     I hope you're all doing well. I will see you all Sunday!!!

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

So, I started out this week feeling a little edgy and mad but after receiving both of these letters today my mood has suddenly changed.  How cool is that?  Plus we all get to talk to Curtis this Sunday!  What more could a Mom ask for?  

Tomorrow is a new day, and a fresh start.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...