Sunday, May 22, 2016

Birthday Wishes and Caviar (I mean Skittles) Dreams

It's been an odd day today.  Last night Kyle got home from a going away party for a friend at about midnight.  As soon as he went to bed, a stomach bug hit me.  I was up until 3 a.m. with it in full swing.  When the alarm went off for Kyle to get up for work (that's right he had to work today, poor guy!), I sent him off and forgot to wish him Happy Birthday.  Bad Mom!  I was half awake.  I spent the day resting and didn't do much but sleep.  Thankfully I took care of Kyle's gift earlier in the month.  

You see, today is Kyle's birthday and I have  few photos of him to share.....
Here he is as a little boy acting silly for a family photo with all of his cousins.  He always had to make faces or do something funny in photos when he was little.  Notice the big silly grin and the missing teeth.  I think he was about 5 or 6 in this photo.


Fast forward to this year.
This is Kyle dancing with his older sister, Danielle at her reception.  It's a rare thing to see and I LOVE that we have this photo as proof that he really does love and appreciate his sister.  Kyle and Danielle are 19 months apart in age, but we still were asked often, and that continued right through high school for both of them. 
Kyle again at the reception in April.

Kyle still acts silly in front of the camera.  I don't think he will ever grow out of this habit.  ha ha!

(Three of my children, minus Curtis who is currently serving a mission in New York.)


Kyle and his little brother.  Can you tell which one is Kyle?
I'll never forget when Kyle told me his plans when he returned from his mission.  He searched out and found his coach even before he started packing to come home and he did exactly what he set out to do.  Here he is competing in a National competition.


This is Kyle and Lexi doing something fun together.  
Kyle LOVES going out and doing things that get people out of their comfort zone.  He enjoys pushing people to try new things. 

Here he is again being silly in front of the camera showing off all of the metals he has received for weight lifting.  Love the wig!!!

As soon as Kyle returned from his mission in March of 2012, he was called as the Assistant Scout Master in our ward.  He loved those young men and spending time with them and Kevin and I remember how excited he was to share his experiences with us.  I remember many parents telling Kevin and I what an awesome leader Kyle was.  He quietly leads by example and has a lot of patients.  Proud Mom moments! 


While on his mission in Washington DC he made lots of friends and had a lot of fun having fun with them.  This is a photo of him and one of the Sister missionaries acting silly.  
This was Kyle having some fun while helping a few members. 

I think this was one of my favorite photos of Kyle while on his mission.  This is what he stumbled across while site seeing in the Washington DC area.  


Kyle spent a lot of time wrestling with his younger brother Curtis.  I use to think my living room would never survive when they got a little crazy.  Luckily nothing ever got broken and no one got hurt.  

This was one of my all time favorite photos.  I remember when Kyle was a little girl he use to put on his sister's dresses and run around the house in them just to make us all laugh.  Here he is out in public getting ready for a assembly at school (number 66).  The football team was doing a cheer leading routine.  I didn't get to see this in person and I so regret not being able to be there.  

Now Kyle is working hard to achieve his goals at work and for his future.  I wish I could show a photo of him in his uniform, but I can't.  

Kyle has always enjoyed life and having a good time.  He tends to be quiet until he gets to know you.  Once he considers you a friend, you are friends for life and he is a loyal friend in return.  Kyle is very smart and never really had a hard time in school.  He could always ace the tests, but hated doing the homework.  That is still true today.  I wish I had that ability.  He is just like his father and even his grandfather.  Kyle enjoyed his mission, made lots of friends, had awesome experiences, and he learned a lot.  He loves the Lord, serving others, and strives to do what is right.  He has been a blessing in our lives and I am so very grateful for his help and support.  He does so much for me and I couldn't thank him enough if I tried.  I hope he knows how much we love him and we are so very proud to call him our son.

Happy Birthday Kyle!  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...