Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Bit of This and That

Yes, it's some random thoughts and rather than calling this post "random thoughts," I thought the title chosen sounded better.  I doubt you really care what it's called, but I felt I needed to explain.  ~chuckle~chuckle~


I see these signs on the backs of bathroom doors in restaurants all the time, and it's appalling to me!  I mean, do employees really need a sign?  If they do then maybe they shouldn't be working in a restaurant.....and heaven forbid that one of them would be waiting on my table.  Good grief!  Do you think there is a hidden camera placed by the employer to make sure that their employees are washing their hands or something?  How else would the employer know?  Like I said, good grief!!! 


This is my all time favorite scripture and has been for many many years now.  For a while there I had it hanging on my refrigerator and eventually in my bathroom next to the mirror.  This scripture serves as a great reminder to me.  When our first child was born and when she was blessed by her father I remember that she was told that she would read and gain her own testimony of the Book of Mormon at a young age.  I didn't think much of that at the time and never thought about what had been again until Danielle was several years older.

When it came time for Danielle to be baptized she was asked to read the Book of Mormon to gain her own testimony of that book.  So, Kevin and I spent a lot of time reading with Danielle to help get her ready.  Then when Danielle had gotten to the the very end of the book Kevin talked to Danielle a lot about what she needed to do to gain her own testimony of the Book of Mormon and the promises made in the last chapter of that book.  About the same time Danielle was working to gain her own testimony our Home Teacher's came by with a copy of Doctrine & Covenants 64:33 printed out on a piece of card stock with a nice font and from that day forward and that time in our lives when we were teaching our children about the importance of gaining their own testimony this scripture has become my favorite and always will be.  It reminds me that out of the smallest and simplest of prayers from even a small child do great things come to pass, their own testimony, and that is indeed great!  




Who would have ever dreamed that our society would ever be facing something such as this?!!  It saddens me deeply that my Grandchildren will be growing up with such and their parents will now have one more issue to deal with on their plates.  I mean, how do you explain something like this to a young child?  You shouldn't have to!  I'm quite certain it. wasn't. a. part. of. God's. plan.!!!
~sad~so sad~so very sad~


I had every intention of being more productive today, but it just isn't happening.  I don't know what my problem is.  Kyle is off at a going away party for one of his friends at the gym who is moving to the east coast.  Lexi is asleep.  Kevin is asleep.  Dinner is in the oven, and I'm doing laundry, picking up around the house, while watching old episodes of The West Wing.  I'm desperate for something new to watch until the next season of Madam Secretary is back.  I absolutely LOVE that show!  

Tomorrow is Kyle's birthday.  He has to work tomorrow and he has received all of his presents early, but we plan to make some kind of treat for him to have when he gets home.  I found this recipe for this chocolate cake that I am dying to try, so we may get busy and make that for him.  Either way, we have to do cake.  Yum!

Lexi starts her new session of school next week.  We thought she would only have one class because technically this is the summer session and that's usually all you get, BUT....she has two classes.  Yikes!  That is a good thing, but I'm worried about her falling behind during the time she is way for Girl's Camp.  She will just need to work hard and work a head this first week to ensure she doesn't run into problems while she is away.  We are hopeful all will go well.  

Well, that's about it for our Saturday.  Nothing too crazy happening here.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...