Monday, April 18, 2016

Random thoughts


This morning started out crazy!  I woke up to my alarm going off for work and when I checked on Kevin he was not good.  We got home from the airport yesterday around 2 p.m. and as soon as I got Kevin in to bed he fell right back out.  His legs just slip off the bed sometimes and take the rest of him with it. That's exactly what happened yesterday afternoon. So, when I checked on Kevin this morning he was in a lot of pain and couldn't even move.  Which meant today was not going to be a good day for him at all.  So, I stayed home with him.  I had no other choice.  Kyle had to work today and will be able to be home with his dad tomorrow.  It's a good thing for Kyle that I did stay home.  He ended forgetting to take the battery for his radio with him to work, so guess who had to run it down to him?  That's right.....ME! I arrived early and Kyle was in briefing so I parked in the hotel parking lot right next door to the police department.  While I was waiting I saw a police vehicle turn down the street between the hotel parking lot and the police department.  Next thing I know the police vehicle was right behind me.   Then I get a text and a Face Time call from Kyle telling me they were running my plates.  The officer came up to my side of the car and I immediately told him what I was there for.  He took the battery and thanked me.  Kyle said he was on his way outside as I pulled out of the parking lot.  Later Kyle called me laughing because he thought it was funny and wished he would have had the officers mess with me a little more.  The kid is lucky I didn't tell the officer I was his mommy dropping off his sippy cup or something. Kyle said they made an announcement to all the officers that said it was badge# blah blah blah's Mom in the car.  It would have been funny if they would have announced, "badge# blah blah blah, your Mommy is here and dropped off your sippy cup!  Come and get it!"  
I was already stressed out about Kevin and having to be home today....then to be "pulled over"!  I don't get pulled over that often to be comfortable with that whole thing at all!  My heart was beating out of my chest when I pulled out of the parking lot.  Needless to say, I was very careful how I drove home as I tried to rush home to get to Kevin before he fell again or tried something stupid while I was away.  ARG!  Some people's kids!  LOL!

We received a message from our missionary the other day.  He is being transferred this week to a new area and being made District Leader.  I guess he will be doing what they call, white washing the area with a green companion.  OR in our missionaries words, "President hates me!"  He was kidding of course!  He sounds pretty excited about the move.  OH!  I have his letter from last week to share too.  I'll include that in my next post.  I also have lots to share about the reception and our trip to Montana too.

I know I am a bit behind with the posts lately, but I'll get caught up soon.  More to come.  Take care and we'll talk soon. 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...