Saturday, April 2, 2016

Let the Crazy Begin!

Blog Fog.  Is that really a thing?  I think so.  I suffer from that from time to time.  Especially now that I'm shoulder deep in wedding stuff.  I'm forgetting things lately.  I feel like I'm moving in slow motion and I have absolutely no energy, but I think I'm getting sick or something.  I'm really tired to, so it could totally be lack of sleep since I didn't get any last night.  Not good I know.  
 
It's Saturday and I feel much better now.  Thank goodness because I was worried.  I can't get sick now.  I think I just have too much to do.  This is the last week before the wedding and reception, so this Mom is a little stressed, a little worried, and going to be tired.  Let's just call that last one a given.  By the time it's time for picture I ought to look extra "lovely".  With bags under the eyes and possibly a little swelling from crying that day.  I'm going to be a hot mess, and YES, I'm thrilled to death that we will be preserving that absolutely wonderful vision for our posterity.  Yay!  LOL!  I cannot wait! 
 
Moving right along.  Here a few rambling thoughts.
 
  • I picked up the photos of the happy couple yesterday.  The big color photo I wanted for the big picture frame turned out awesome.  They tried to talk me into glossy paper but I was afraid there would be a glare and I don't have anti-glare glass for this frame.  So, I went with the matte finish.  It still looks amazing!  I can't wait to get it in the frame.  I still need to take a look at the big black and white photos.  I also need to take them down to Kinko's and use their huge paper cutter to trim the edges.  I love that they have such a large cutter.  It's such a huge help with projects like this.
  • Kyle text me yesterday to tell me that the police department is going to let him grow facial hair.  So, I text back and asked him if her was going under cover.  He said No.  I guess they are doing a fund raiser over the next several months and that's the reason he gets to grow out his beard.  He was very happy about that.  The only stipulation is that it can't be longer than 1/4 of an inch long.  This ought to be fun to watch him measure from time to time. 
  • Kevin is in a lot of pain.  It's been really bad these past couple of days.  In fact, he has only got up to get out of bed a couple of times.  I'm worried about him the day of the wedding and the day of the flight to Montana.  That's going to be an extremely rough couple of days. 
  • I have to remember I have a doctor's appointment at the beginning of next week.  I was out and about with Danielle on Thursday last week when I got a text from my doctor telling me I missed my appointment.  I was so mad at myself and frustrated that I put her out too.  Arg!
  • Lexi has been working extra hard on her classes.  She was up all night long last night and the night before working and working.  I'm glad she is so determined, but I wish we could adjust her sleep cycles a bit, and fast too!
  • Kyle and I ran to the mall yesterday.  He wanted to pick up a few things for the wedding for him and Kevin.  Did you know there is a whole store that sells only men's ties?  We wandered through JC Penney and Macy's looking.  JC Penney's had everything on sale.  Macy's suit department looked like a cyclone hit.  It was really bad!  I've never seen a Macy's look so bad in my life!  Needless to say, Kyle ended up shopping at JC Penney's for what he needed, the tie store for two ties, and Burlington Coat Factory for dress shirts.  He likes the French cut shirts and Burlington seems to always have them.  I really didn't need to go, but Kyle asked me to go. 
  • My Mom called me yesterday.  She is working on a special project for the reception.  She is making this over-sized storybook, with some help from my Dad too.  When she told me what she was doing with it I was shocked!  My Mom always goes above and beyond with everything she does.  Even Danielle was talking about that the other day.  She remembers my Mom helping with a few of her assignments for school when she was younger like her Australia Report, Her Koala Report, My Mom drew a swan for her one time for something else.  Over the years my Mom has helped us all with countless projects, reports, diorama's, posters, drafting assignments, sewing projects, color wheels, and album covers.  I can remember several of my own assignments my Mom and Dad were there to lend a hand and help out every time!  I can't wait to see the book! 
  • My decorating projects are dwindling down nicely.  I have a small paper banner to cut out, ribbon to put on a few corsages, and bouquets, pictures to cut the white edge off of, a frame to mount a picture in, a medallion to glue to a chalkboard, some patio furniture to finish painting, and a canopy to build.  I'm pretty happy that once this is all done we can move on to the food.  I'm thinking we will be able to enlist the help of a couple neighbors to cut up the veggies, the groom and his Mom can make the pasta salad and make the salsa, and Danielle, Lexi, Brittany, and I can make the cupcakes, cake, and the sandwiches all at the same time.  That should take care of all of it!  Yay!  We aren't doing anything too crazy in the way of food. Thank goodness.
    Here is a photo of the completed chalkboard with the decorative medallion added.  
    (Please excuse my flower mess behind the chalkboard)
The quote for the day is: Think, Reflect, Remember". I need to have that in print on my bathroom mirror, on the back of my front door, on my phone, in the car, and on my computer too as a reminder.  Normally, it's about memories.  Today, it's all about what I've got to get done and not forgetting things.  Kevin has been asking me to remember to pick something up at the grocery store for the past several days now.  Each time I go I forget every single time.  I think I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached lately.  I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants lately.  I hate that feeling.  Time to get out the planner and make it a part of my go bag.  I need to keep it beside me and open to my "to do" list at all times.  Otherwise things are going to get forgotten. 
 
Gotta go.  I've got lots to do!
 
P.S.: The bride picks up the photos from the photographer today of the bridal pictures!  I can't wait to see those.  That is, if she let's me.  She may want to give Chance the opportunity to see them before I do, which makes sense.  He should see them before me especially since he is in the photos and it's all about them.  Not me, right??!!  I get it.  I'm still a little anxious to see.  ~smile~smile~
 
Take care my friends and we will talk again soon, and hopefully before the big day too.  If not, it will be right after and there will be a ton of photos and things I'll be sharing.

 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...