Sunday, March 20, 2016

We're Almost There!

This morning I woke up with an upset stomach.  Danielle sent me a text to say she too had an upset stomach and wouldn't be able to come over before she went to work.  Luckily my upset stomach went away after about an additional two hours of sleep. 
 
When I finally woke up for good, I was determined to get the rest of these wedding invites done!  Even though Danielle wasn't feeling well, she still had to go to work.  So, I met her at her new work location to pick up the things she cut out with the Cricut.  Thank goodness she had them all organized and in a ziplock bag for me.  Once I got home, I went right to work on the remaining invites and I am proud to announce, we are officially done with ALL of them!!!  These last few were for the groom, the mother of the groom, for me, and for Danielle.  We all have a few people we plan to pass invites out to, plus we all want a couple extras for ourselves.  I still can't believe we are finally done!  It's a good thing.
 
When I got home Kyle and I ran to a couple stores.  He wanted to wander through one and we picked up a couple things he needed for work tomorrow at the second.  Kyle is working twelve hours days this weekend because he is taking a bike class.  He needs this class so he can be officially certified to ride a bike while on duty.  Each day of the class they have been riding to some pretty cool places and tomorrow will be the same kind of thing.  Twelve hours is a lot of time on a bike.  Kyle comes home worn out, hungry, and ready for a shower and bed each night.  I'm sure tomorrow will be just like Friday. 
 
 
We're almost there!  A couple more weeks and our oldest daughter will be married and we will gain a son-in-law.  How crazy is that??!!  We are excited for these happy changes in all of our lives.  Chance has been a lot of fun to get to know.  He makes me laugh with the funny stories he shares about his Mom playing pranks on him as a kid.  I laughed so hard when he told shared a few of them the last time he was here.  He's a hoot!  I can't wait to meet his Mom and get to know her better.  It's hard planning a wedding with the groom's parents living in a different state.  I can only imagine how hard it must be for them too.  I told Danielle that she needs to give Chance and his parents some time alone together before the wedding.  This will be the last time they will have that time together before he is married and she is included in everything.  They need some time, especially since they live out of state.  They deserve that, and I hope they take full advantage of that time alone. 
 
It's late and I need to get going.  Monday I will have a few more projects to work on like the bridal bouquet, the chalkboard, a couple plug in lanterns need to be painted black, building something, painting a bunch of things, removing some candles from a few votive cups, making sure the banner is done, and the table cloths are sewn.  There's more, but you get the idea.
 
Take care my friends, and we will talk again soon.  Enjoy your Sunday!  Frankly, I cannot wait to enjoy every minute of it!  It's all good!
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...