Monday, March 21, 2016

These are Exciting Times!

Kevin came out to the living room, looks around and says, "it looks like a box of crayons threw up in here!"  He was referring to all the pink and green flowers all over the place in our dining room and living room.  He's right!  It does look like a box of crayons threw up in here but not for much longer!  Once the bridal party flowers are done we'll have less flowers hanging around and a portion of my house back.  I can't wait!

I've been given the okay to post the wedding invites by the bride!  Here they are!

This is the front of the invites we made.

And the inside....

This is a better view of the insert.

And the temple invite....

What do you think?  

This was our inspiration.  Remember?

We are so happy to be done with these!  I've got to drop off a few to co-workers at work, the groom has a few to drop off, and the bride needs to drop a couple off to a couple people.  But we are done with all of them.  Can you tell it's been a traumatic experience for all of us?  It so has!  It's a lot of work making 400 invites.  My advice is to think long and hard before deciding to make them.  We didn't have a choice.  Making them was the cheapest option and we needed to go that route.  We are all happy with how they turned out, it's just a lot of work. 

We re-painted the frame for the mirror.  
Remember my amazing find at Deseret Industries.....this????
It started out like this...

Then we gave it a coat of white...

Then we tried an antiquing technique and it looked like this...

Tonight it now looks like this....

Today we will be working on the chalkboard part and I'll snap another photo to share with you all once it dries.  

Danielle came over this afternoon and gave her stamp of approval on the bridal bouquet, and grabbed Lexi and took off for home.  Lexi went over to use Danielle's internet since ours is down right now.  It will be back up by tomorrow.  In the meantime, Lexi had to finish her school work and that's the reason she went to Danielle's place.  Thank goodness Danielle was home tonight so Lexi could go over.  

While Lexi was gone Kevin and I enjoyed talking to Kyle about his bike class.  He came home tonight with more equipment.  So far I think the department has spent more that $1500 just in equipment for Kyle.  He came home tonight with a new pair of shoes just for riding a bike with, two new pairs of pants, specially made just for bike riding, a wind breaker with the word police in big letters across the back, a helmet fitting to Kyle, as well as receiving a bike to use while at work that stays at the station.  It costs a lot to outfit a police aide, I can only imagine how much it costs to outfit an officer.  Holy cow!!!  Kyle wants to be ready to go to the academy by September.  He's really enjoying his job and I hope it works out for him.  He likes what he does, the only thing he would like to do is get more involved.  There are things only the officers can do.  I'm happy with him taking it slow.  More to ease his parents into the idea than easing Kyle into it.  He would go to the academy today if they'd let him.  

After dinner I ran out to Danielle's house to pick Lexi up.  Danielle has plans with Chance tomorrow so we won't see her until Wednesday when she has her bridal photos.  Danielle will be at my house early to get ready and then I'll go with her for the photos to help hold things.  I'm excited for that!  I'll snap a few photos for his Mom too.  

Lexi has me doing her exercise routine again!  I'm working my way up to where I was before my fall a few weeks ago.  It's a good thing.  I need to get busy and exercise.  Lexi keeps me on track and she pushes me.  It's a good thing.  

Lots to do today!  It's all good.
I finally have the lights all planned out.  We have 30 foot long cafe light strands.  The cultural hall is 94 feet x 50 feet.  The size of a full size basketball court with a foot or two on each end so people can walk around the court without stepping inside the lines.  We plan to make a grid and will be using several extension cords and heavy wire to run between the eye hooks in the top of the walls of the cultural hall.  It should work nicely.  I just need to determine the length between each set of eye hooks that are side by side.  It would be awesome if we found out that they were exactly six feet apart.  That would be ideal!  But we'll find out soon enough.  

Things are coming together!  It's a good feeling to get all these things done.  Yesterday the cake topper arrived.  Danielle opened it immediately and sent photos to the groom.  They had a good laugh together about it.  I'm glad they thought it was super cute because I think it looks just like the both of them and I can't wait for everyone to see them.  

Lots to do!  Take care my friends and we will talk soon.  Enjoy your Tuesday!

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...