Monday, March 28, 2016

Keeping Up With Everything, BUT My Blog.

Remember those hives I mentioned I keep breaking out in?  The other day after walking around the temple grounds with Danielle and Chance I came home covered in them.  So I took the OTC allergy pill I have that doesn't make me drowsy, did a couple of puffs on my rescue inhaler, and tried to wait out the itching, the chills (I was freezing!), and the sneezing, watery eyes and coughing.  By the time Kyle needed to get to work the next morning things were a bit better.  Still there, but no more chills.
 
The next evening I was outside on my porch and on the driveway for a bit longer than usual so I broke out like crazy again!  Worse than the night before.  I did the same things as the evening before. OTC medicine, inhaler, a shower, and lots of water.  By about 2 a.m. I was still a mess and I couldn't take it anymore.  I have these prescription allergy pills that I rarely take because they make me drowsy.  Well, I decided to wait until 6 a.m.  By 6 a.m. things were the same so I took the prescription medicine.  It doesn't completely take away the raised blotchy patches on my skin, but it reduces them, I don't itch, I can breathe, I don't have a constant runny nose, and did I say I could breathe????  This was huge!  The bad part is the drowsy part.  Last night I actually went to bed before 1 a.m. but, after Kyle was out the door and I got to talk to Kevin for a bit, I was so sleepy.  I set my alarm for 11 a.m. thinking that would be plenty of time to get everyone up and ready for church today.  Well, the alarm sounded, I shut it off, and I must have drifted off to sleep because I didn't wake up again until about 2 p.m.!!!  So frustrating!!!  We were  all going to church today.  Kevin, Lexi, and I!  I am so mad at myself.  This medication really helps with my allergies, but is it really worth missing out on life?  Because the vampire lifestyle isn't working for me anymore.  I say Vampire because my internal clock has switched.  I'm up at night and I sleep during the day.  Not good!  Arg!!  
 
I think it's time to go have a scratch test done to determine what exactly I'm allergic to.  When this starts to make it hard for me to breathe and I've got red blotchy spots all over my body, enough is enough.  It's time to figure this out.  So, somewhere in the middle of all this wedding last minute stuff I'm going to make an appointment to start that ball rolling.  Fun. Fun.
 
News Flash!!!!
 
I am officially done with the wedding party flowers!!!  With the exception of the throw bouquets, but that will be the last thing I do.  I have a couple arrangements to do, so the throw bouquets will be done with whatever is left.  Nothing too fancy for those. 
 
Check this out......
 
The chalkboard is finally finished too.
Here is is!!!
It went from this...
 
To this....

To this...

And finally this.......

We are so happy it turned out so nice and all of this for less than $20.50.  The mirror was purchased at Deseret Industries for $15.00 several months ago.  Then a little paint for about $2.00.  I had the rest of the paint here at home.  The chalkboard paint was $3.50. Not bad, right??!!  I love it!  I think it will have to find a home somewhere here at my house.  That is, if I can find a spot for it!  Time will tell.  If I don't decide to keep it, I could sell it.  I haven't decided yet.  I usually form emotional attachments to pieces I create which makes it too hard to part with them.  I know, it's silly.  I could never be a minimalist.  I just don't have what it would take to be one of those types of people.  Just sayin.
 
Tonight I sent a huge email to my team of co-workers.  I have been meaning to make a trip to work to pass out invites to the reception to each of them, but I just haven't been able to get away long enough to do it.  So, I sent photos of the invites, the details, and photos of the bride and groom at their latest photo shoot.  I'm hoping my co-workers can come.  After all, I spend so much time with these people on a daily basis.  And they are picking up the slack for me while I am out on Sabbatical.  So, why shouldn't they be invited to come help us celebrate this happy time for our family, right??!!  I agree.  I just hope they don't have a problem with me NOT getting actual invites to them.  Do you think my email was tacky?  I really want to know what you think. 
 
It's about 2 a.m. on Monday morning now.  Kyle will be up soon to start to get ready for work.  Lexi is up painting her face and arms to look like she got a black eye and a broken arm with all the gross bruises all over her arm.  She has a set of face paint and she spends a little time watching How-To videos to learn how to use her face paint kit.  She did a really good job too!  The bruise on her arm looked real!  The black eye looked like she just got hit and would turn blue after a bit a time.  It looked fresh!  Kevin is teasing her right at this very moment about it too! 
 
Speaking of Kevin.  He has been down all day in a lot of pain.  He was up last night and could barely move.  Not good!  I hate that he is in so much pain.  It's not fun watching someone you love suffer.  Thank goodness he seems to be in better spirits this morning. 
 
Well, I have a busy day ahead of me today.  This morning I've got to get Kyle to work.  Then I'm off to the DMV.  After that, I will be going out with Danielle to pick up the temple clothing she will need for her big day!  After that, I'll be back at it.  Working on all the little projects we have and trying to clean my house.  My kids have been warned that they are going to help get things in order this week or else!  My kids just don't listen to me unless I'm screaming bloody murder to them, and frankly, it's just not worth that!  Besides, I just don't have that in me these days.  So, Kevin has promised to come help, from time to time, to crack the whip.  They listen to him better, but lately they have ignored him too.  Sad, isn't it??!!  Frustrating is more like it. 
 
I need to get going.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  Happy Monday!
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...