Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tuesday

6:00 a.m. Kevin's lower left leg is swollen and slightly warmer than the other leg.  Am I worried?  Yes I am!  Of course, I'm thinking the worst.  Blood clot.  I'm hoping the swelling goes down soon.  He doesn't know this but I'm giving him two hours for the swelling to go down.  If it doesn't we are heading off to get it checked out.  I'm not messing around with that.  Not with his history and his decreased mobility.
 
*************Don't stress****Don't stress*****************
 
 
It's 11:00 p.m. now.  The swelling in Kevin's left leg finally went down some.  It's not down completely, but it's down.  It's not as warm as it was this morning either.  Thank goodness!  We will check him again in a bit.  I started to get ready for work tomorrow. 
 
 I have a presentation to do so I am baking cupcakes.  The cupcakes are all baked and I will ice them in the morning.  That means, I will be waking up extra early tomorrow to get that done before I jump in the shower.  The cupcakes are in the freezer right now.  Putting a thin layer of icing on them and then popping them into the freezer is an old trick my cake decorating mother used to do.  It makes the cake, or in this case the cupcakes, super moist inside.  A friend gave me a recipe for some yummy frosting I plan to try as well.  Since I won't be presenting these cupcakes until the afternoon, I might just wait and ice them at work just before our meeting.  That is, if I can't find the right container to put them in so they all stay nice and pretty for the meeting.  I am kicking myself for not picking up a couple of those cupcake containers I saw at the dollar store a few days ago.  Besides, I don't make cupcakes that often.  When I saw them, I was thinking of the wedding, of course. 
 We will be making quite few cupcakes for that.  Kevin commented a few weeks ago that he found a few places that make some pretty fancy cupcakes and it might be less trouble to pay someone else to make them.  Then he calculated what these other places charge. We aren't spending, or should I say...Danielle isn't spending $1000.00 on cupcakes!  No way!!  Not when we can make them, even with a fancy filling and fancy icing for far less than that amount!  I think Kevin just doesn't want to see me turn into crazy Sondra the week of the wedding and I appreciate that.  Really I do!   
 
As it stands I have every single day of that final week mapped out and planned.  The only thing that will change my plans will be when our future son-in-law goes through the temple.  Danielle was telling me that she thought she might be going through the temple before her future husband.  Somehow I think she will be waiting to go through with him.  Time will tell.  I just know crazy Sondra is going to come out that last week.  It's inevitable. Just watch.  Yikes!  LOL!
 
~Time to check on Kevin again.~
 
The swelling has come down, but not all the way down and his left leg is warmer than the other, or the rest of his body.  The swelling certainly is not as bad as it was.  BUT, it's still swollen.  I'll check him again in the morning and go from there.
 
It's been a worry-filled day.  Hopefully all will be well in the morning.  Time will tell.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon. 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...