Sunday, February 21, 2016

This is our Week....

Monday was a strange day.  Danielle came over and we went to Hobby Lobby and Joann's to pick up a few flowers and some paint while Kyle was still home and could stay with Kevin.  When we got back with everything we took the letters and a few things outside to paint.  We painted two letters and one ceiling medallion.  Not exactly the dent I was hoping to make in the painting, but I'll get on that more and more each day once I can move the tables around in my dining room.  Remember, I have a huge tiled space in our home we can use for painting unless we use spray paint.  I've got to get Kyle to help me move some things around before I can do that though.  I love the extra space.  I'll throw down a huge tarp and pull out the things I need to paint one by one and just leave them on the tarp to dry.  It will be good!  I'll get Kyle to help me when he has his next days off.
After Danielle and Kyle was at work we all settled in for a quiet evening.  Kevin actually fell asleep and was unusually quiet, which scared me a bit.  We just kept an eye on him.  I get nervous when he is crying out and I get nervous when he is super quiet.  It's like watching my children sleep all over again.  When their breathing was labored and loud I worried.  When they were too quiet and not acting like normal kids and taking naps out of the blue, I knew they were not feeling well and I worried.  I'm doing the same thing with Kevin.  Actually, I probably watch Kevin more to be honest, since this is all new to me. 
 Lexi and I watched TV and eventually did her little work out.  Her work out has been kicking my butt!  She does a much more intense version and I am doing a much lighter version, and working up more and more each day.  I add something new to each session.  That way, by the end of the month, I will be right where Lexi is.  I'm already noticing a difference in certain areas of my body.  It's funny that just two or three of these full body workouts can make changes like that just after a few sessions.  I was amazed!  I just hope my knee continues to cooperate.  ~smile~smile~
Remember all the pain I mentioned that Kevin was in a post or two ago?  
You remember, right??!!  The pain Kevin described as deep leg pain?
The pain was making him cry out at all hours of the day and night.  Not good!  We made arrangements and got him into an appointment.  And because they were booked solid they worked him into their schedule.  Thankfully they were able to give us about an hours notice prior so Kevin could rest at home until they called.  At first it seemed like they were never going to call.  Then they called.  I'm just glad it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  Waiting.  The wait at home that was frustrating, but it could have been much worse with him in a wheelchair in their office all day.
After the appointment, Kevin and I reached the house around 3:30 and so I made a quick trip to the grocery store to get that out of the way.  We only needed a couple things which made the trip a quickie.  My kind of trip!  Kevin wanted an ice-cream cone, so we picked up a box of drumsticks.  He had two of those and then didn't want dinner.  So, we didn't cook dinner.  In fact, later Lexi just warmed something up in the microwave and that was dinner.  Sometimes you need a night like that. Since no one wanted dinner and because I was fading fast, I ended up taking a long nap which I rarely ever do.  I must have slept for about two hours  or so because now I just can't manage to fall asleep..... It's 2:00 a.m.!  I knew I should have pushed through and NOT taken that nap.  Oh well!  My schedule is all messed up lately, especially after the last couple of weeks.  It will get back to normal eventually.  I just need to give it time and figure out a way to keep my husband healthy and away from the inpatient stays at the hospital.  Not to mention no more doctor's office craziness or prescription craziness either.  Here's to keeping my fingers crossed on that one!
Danielle and I have been hunting and searching for the perfect wedding announcements/invitations.  At first we were going to try and make them, but that changed when we found a site that would print invites for .30 cents a piece!  Who can resist that price????
So, Danielle was playing with a website and their template, but couldn't get it to allow her to add a line of text like she wanted.  She wants to add info about the reception and the open house they will be having out of state on the one invite and the website wouldn't give her extra lines to add the open house information.  Frustrating!  She went on a search on the Internet and found another site with cute invites that will give her what she needs for about the same price, plus she can have separate cards for the wedding ceremony to include in the invites.  We plan to do a series of photos to include in the invites too.  It's all still in the works, but this will save us some time, money and energy too.  Not to mention my house will not look like a paper mill while we try to construct the invites.  I still want to try and do the invites we first wanted to do, but at least we have other options.  That reminds me.  I need to try something on my computer with the first idea we had.  More on that later. 

  When Danielle was getting ready to work on her invites I pulled out our invites from agallion years ago.  Check out that 80's hair!  Wow!  We were wearing sweaters in September in Arizona!  By the time we were finished I was a ball of sweat.  Thank goodness you couldn't see that in these photos because we went with black and whites and had our invites printed in sepia.  We used a local printer who did work out of his garage, literally!  He was a friend of a friend.  In fact, he use to live just a few streets over from where my in-laws live.  I wonder if he is still there?  Somehow I doubt it.  Wouldn't that be cool if he was and was still doing this kind of thing too?  I may have to check into that.

Work was actually fun today!  Seriously.  Fun!  It's been a while since I've been able to say that.  I think because I've been stressed about things at home and concerned about getting caught up at work.  Yesterday I had a lot to do.  My back-up was out sick, so I had to work on his things too.  Plus we had a team meeting that I was facilitating with a few presentations I had to do as well.  One of the presentations was pretty much taken care of by a co-worker.  I just had to go over a hand-out.  She did all the work.  Then, the other little thing was just a little exercise we did that I had to prepare.  Nothing too crazy. 
Kevin is having a rough day.  The other day his left leg snapped up to his chest and he could get it to go down.  Then later when he finally got it down he couldn't get it to move so he could turn to his side in bed.  He's in so much pain so I stayed home with him. I wish I knew what this was.  Could it be the weather or is it a sign of things to come?  Time will tell.  I'll share more later.
I found this story and thought I'd share it. 

A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the 4 pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard. As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy.

"Mister," he said, "I want to buy one of your puppies."

"Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a good deal of money."

The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.

"I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?"

"Sure," said the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle. "Here, Dolly!" he called.

Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence. His eyes danced with delight. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse.

Slowly another little ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp it slid. Then in a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up...

"I want that one," the little boy said, pointing to the runt.

The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, "Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would."

With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands."

With tears in his eyes, the farmer reached down and picked up the little pup. Holding it carefully he handed it to the little boy.

"How much?" asked the little boy...

"No charge," answered the farmer, "There's no charge for love."

Cute story wasn't it?

I also found this poem too.  


Life won't always cooperate
Though we think it's in our hands.
We may have it all mapped out,
But God has other plans.
Sometimes it may be illness,
That brings us to our knees,
Or unexpected circumstances,
That cause us much unease.
We may be at a loss,
To try and understand,
Why things happen as they do,
These things we never planned.
We think of them as accidents,
Or at the least intrusions.
The timing's inconvenient,
We call them interruptions,
But if we'll only step back,
And examine them more closely,
There is a reason for each one.
I think you'll see that mostly,
They take you by surprise,
You never see them coming
And sometimes cause us such turmoil,
They can leave you fuming.
Instead of getting angry,
And losing all control,
Remember, God's in charge,
In it all, He plays a role,
So try to figure it out,
Just what He's teaching you.
We all can learn so much,
If we seek God's point of view.
Author: Lynne

This poem couldn't have come along at a better time!  I love it when I find little things like this poem that help me along the way.  It doesn't take the "interruption" away, but it does help me to remember the kind of perspective I should have, and it puts me a little closer on track to what I should be doing.  One thing I have learned is that life does no stand still when these little interruptions come along.  No matter how much I wish the rest of life would come to a halt, it doesn't!  Some things slow down a little, but they soon pick right back up where they left off.  It can make some things even harder to deal with or make us not worry about the things that really do not matter.  In a sense, these interruptions have caused us to really consider the things that really matter in our day to day lives and discard the things that don't, or that cause us too much grief.  In a way our lives are much simpler now, but in others much more harder too.  It all depends on our perspective, or your point of view.  It's funny how that happens when life takes you by surprise.  It makes you think and ponder and then do what is best or wise.  I think that is what I have learned so far, to think things through and counsel with my Heavenly Father so I know just what to do.  I couldn't do all this without Him.  His help it means so much!  I love Him for never leaving me, when I need Him so very much!
Kevin is having a really rough day!  The pain is causing his joints to lock.  Which means when he can finally get them to unlock it takes him a bit to work through the pain and make that happen.  He spent the day in bed and in pain.  He finally fell asleep around 3 p.m., but now he is too quiet.  He scares me when he gets this quiet.  There is no in between.  Just one extreme of the other.  On top of all of this Lexi announced that her stomach was bothering her tonight too.  We do not need any kind of stomach flu.  That would not be good!  So, we are keeping her away from Kevin for sure!  
Kevin is still bad.  Kyle was up super early to go shooting with his cousin.  I think Kevin wishes he could have gone, and they probably would have found a way to make that happen if Kevin wasn't feeling as bad as he was.  When Kyle got back, I  ran to get groceries.  I'm glad I did because we were out of pretty much everything!  After I got the groceries put away, I decided to finish painting the letters Danielle and I started.  The two I have are done.  Danielle still needs o bring the others over.  She has brought over quite a bit of stuff already.  My house is getting taken over with the things she has bought.  That's right!  I'm not proud of that.  BUT YES.....Danielle is funding her own wedding!  She is using her school money and her tax return to fund this wedding.   All the flowers things piled up at my house are things she has purchased and either dropped off or had shipped to my house.  OR...they are things I have had!  I told Danielle in the very beginning that they could skip the big reception and use the money as a down payment of a house or a nice honeymoon or something.  I said, the big reception wasn't necessary.  They could have a quick little family gathering and go have some fun together or save the money and buy a home of their own, but Danielle and Chance wanted to have a big reception.  So, she buys the stuff and I get to put it all together.  It's a lot like any other wedding I have helped with.  My SIL would buy the flowers for each of her daughter's weddings and I would put them together.  Same concept, but this time it's for my own daughter. 
Danielle wanted me to come over to her house this afternoon to see her dress again.  She is in the middle of adding a little lace to sleeves and she wasn't sure of the color.  She wanted me to come over and make sure it looked good before she got to sewing the lace on.   I didn't end up going over after all.  I have too much going on around here and I needed to get some cleaning done too.  I'll go over another day next week or something.  I tried to get Danielle to come over to my house, but she wasn't up for that either.  She has been busy getting ready for her new job that starts this week.  She is finally through with all the training.  I was worn out from all the so called "fun" we have been having with Kevin being ill and now Lexi too. 
After I picked up the living room and it cooled off outside, I decided to try and paint the mirror we found at Deseret Industries for $15.00!  Great price, right???!!  That's been my big splurge for this wedding.  Seriously!  That's it!  I wish Danielle didn't have to spend her money and that Kevin and I could help more, but we just don't have it.  It kills me to have my daughter pay for her own reception, but this is the only way.  This mirror won't be used as a mirror, but will be turned into a chalkboard.  That is, just as soon as I find where all the screw drivers have taken off to in the house!  I just saw the toolbox in an unusual spot the other day...why can't I remember where that was?  Arg!  Maybe someone moved it?  I'm sure I'll run across it eventually. 
Anyway.  Here is the mirror/chalkboard with the first coat of paint.  I think we will need to get some stain to rub on so the design really comes through.  The stain will help it look more antique like too.  I can't wait to get the mirror out and the chalkboard painted too.  I think by removing the mirror it will make this piece a lot lighter and easier to move around or hang on the wall someplace.  We plan to use it to tell the bride and groom's story and will probably put it up on an easel someplace at the reception.  After, if I like it enough, it will probably go some where in my home or on my front porch with a list of porch rules.  What do you think???? 
It's a work in progress.  Things are coming together.  A little bit here and a little bit there. 
Lexi came out to help me paint a little bit.  She still feels bad, but she wanted to see what I was doing and help if she could.  She painted for a little bit and then went back inside to rest. 
After I was done, I came inside and did Lexi's little work out again.  This time by myself.  I mentioned before that I was noticing some improvement in how my clothes are fitting.  Well, I weighed myself and I am down a total of 29 pounds.  Not all from this workout because I only started this about 5 days ago.  Since the start of this little workout I'm down 6 pounds for a total of 29.  I am so happy with these results!  I just hope I can keep this up!  Next year is my 50th birthday.  So, as Oprah has mentioned in all of her Weight Watcher's commercials....I want 2016-2017 to be the year of my best self!  LOL!  Honestly, I have a dream of getting to my ideal weight, but realistically, I just want to lose a few pounds and drop a few sizes.  AND have more energy.  It's as simple as that!  Nothing too crazy! 
Danielle and I have been texting back and forth.  My brother was going to come over today to show me something he was making for the reception.  I have to say, I am totally amazed at how many people have offered to help out.  My SIL has offered to do the bridal shower.  My Mom is busy making things for us.  My brother is making things.  My other SIL has offered to help in anyway she can.  We have friends, neighbors, and Visiting Teacher's offering to help and who have already done so much!  I cannot tell you how much this means to all of us!  It's amazing!  It's humbling and I cannot thank them enough.  Thank you!

Today Kevin is dealing with a lot of pain and now his left leg will not stop shaking.  It's not just a portion of his leg, but the entire leg.  He was laying in bed when he showed it to me.  The entire leg all the way up to his hip was shaking.  It's the craziest thing!
Last night after everyone else was asleep I painted two plant stands we have.  The one was red and the other was a funky gold color.  So, I painted them black.  We will have a ton of white things around the room at the reception.  I just thought a couple black items couldn't hurt.  I have the one left to finish and another one to do.  Then they are all done!  Then a few ceiling tiles, and the big stuff will be left.  Hopefully I'll be able to start painting the big stuff next weekend.  For now, I'm happy with the painting I've been able to get done so far.  Danielle keeps reminding me how many days we have left until their big day!  We are down to 47 days until that date!  Holy cow!  That's not much time at all! 
I can't dwell on the days because if I do it will stress me out!  I just need to keep moving.  Right now, I just need to get a few things done around the house.  That is my main focus right now. I should go.  Kevin needs some help and Lexi is going to help me get some things taken care of around here.  I love that girlie!  She is my little buddy and my little helper!  She makes me laugh and is pretty awesome too!  
Take care friends and we will talk again soon. 

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...