Monday, February 15, 2016

Oh Happy Day!

 It's been an interesting weekend.
 
On Sunday I went to church alone again, but I only stayed for Sacrament.  I wanted to stay for all of the meetings but Kevin was in a lot of pain and Lexi wasn't doing well either.  Kevin has been crying out in pain at all hours of the day and night, but mostly in his sleep.  He says it feels like a pain deep down in his legs.  Like some kind of nerve pain.  He had some water leaked out of a bottle onto his skin and it actually hurt to have that on him.  He also said his legs felt like they were on fire too.  He said his legs feel hot to the touch.  Not something he has ever experienced before.  Kevin said the doctor warned him about some of this.  We are hoping this is a good sign, but Kevin cannot recall if the legs on fire thing was a good thing or a bad thing.  Time will tell.  He has a few more appointments to get to and we should know more then.
 
I'm not sure about what's going on with Lexi.  She complains about her stomach, her head, and her wrists a lot lately.  She was determined to make it to church with me today, but when it came down to it this morning it didn't work out.  There was some miscommunication about laundry getting done.  She says she asked me, I don't recall ever hearing her.  Next week I'll make darn sure everything is done early on Saturday, that she gets to bed early, and all planets align so she makes it.  Enough of this already!  At least she wants to go.  That's half the battle with teenagers sometimes. 
 
Later this evening Danielle came by so we could go together to my SIL's house to talk about using some of the things she has for the wedding, and drop off the guest list for the bridal shower.  Looks like we will be borrowing more than I thought!  Holy cow that woman has a ton of stuff!  By the time we were done she had a half a page of things listed to bring.  Wow!  We ended up spending two hours over there. 
 
When Danielle and I got back to my house she wanted to see me in the dress she picked up for me to wear at the reception.  It's super pretty.  I love that it covers things, but I would feel even more comfortable if I had a little jacket or shrug too.  It kind of shows a little more back than I care for and I would prefer a little more coverage on the arms too.  So, we are looking for that.  Danielle found the dress at Ross, believe it or not!  I was thrilled because it was the color I wanted and it actually has sleeves, and it's very sparkly!  LOL!  Honestly.  We have been looking all over the place for a dress that is modest and that I like.  I'm just glad we found something and I really like it.  I won't share the photos yet, I'm saving them for the reception. 
 
~smile~smile~
 
After Danielle left for the night I received notice that some photos were available of our missionary.  They had zone conferences and Curtis ended up in quite a few photos and he even participated!  WOW!  Go Curtis!  That's awesome!!  Take a look....
 



 
And the selfie....


I absolutely LOVE seeing these kinds of photos of our son! 
It's so exciting watching him as he learns and grows, then to hear his thoughts on the work he does in the letters he sends us.  He is still the same Curtis we know and love, but he is changing and growing more and more and that is evident when we hear from him.  I love this kid and miss him more than words can say, but I would never think of suggesting he be anywhere other than where he is right now....that is EXACTLY where the Lord wants him to be.  I could never get in the way of that!   

Danielle is coming over now so we can paint a few things.
We have a bed frame, a table and chairs, a mirror, some yard statues, a ceiling medallion, some industrial letters, two lanterns, tin tiles, possibly a door, plant stands to paint, a cart,....and I think that's about it.  Another words lots to do!

We may make a trip to a store for a little paint before we begin, but that should just about do it!  It should be fun.  Kevin said this should be the true test.  If we can work together getting this done, then he won't be worried about the rest.  I just laughed.  It'll be fine!  

Later Lexi wants to go to Half Price Books to look around.  She has become quite the reader lately.  She got two sets of paperback books (because she requested paperbacks) for Christmas and has completed reading both sets!  Each set contained 6 or 7 books each.  The first set was the Harry Potter series.  The second I can't remember the name, but it had 7 large books in it.  I love that she likes to read!  All of my kids love to read.  I think that trait was planted deep within their DNA many generations before because there are avid readers on both sides of our families.  It's a good thing!  

I found this recipe that looked yummy and thought we would gift it a try.  What do you think??

Salted Caramel-Chocolate Dump Cake 

Ingredients:
1 small (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's foof cake mix
1 1/2 cups chopped soft caramels
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whipped cream, for serving (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.  Lightly grease a 13 by 9 inch pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk for one minute to combine.
Add cake mix ONLY and stir until thoroughly combined.
Spread batter evenly into bottom of prepared pan (batter will be thick).  Sprinkle with chopped caramels.  Sprinkle with sea salt to taste (remember a little goes a long way).
Bake cake 30-40 minutes or until edges pull away from sides and a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean.
Remove cake from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
Microwave chocolate chips on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is fully melted.  Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cooled cake.
Serve cake with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.

YUM!!!

When Danielle and I arrived she mentioned that the sale on silk flowers at Hobby Lobby was on today.  She wanted to go pick things up for her bridesmaids. 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...