Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday

We received a letter from our Missionary last week that I forgot to include in my last post.  Apparently my mind has been on a million other things.  Here is his letter.
 
Hey Everyone,
 
This week was really good!  We had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators who was a media referral, which typically do not pan out very well.  He is so cool and understands everything we teach and thinks that everything make sense.  He just needs to pray about it and come to know it's true.  He wants to be baptized once he does, which is awesome! 

Yesterday something bad happened.  My iPad just shut down into recovery mode.  I can't restore it yet because all this stuff with the church and the app that monitors our iPads.  So right now I have a pretty nice paper weight.  I'm gonna have to figure out what to do.  I have the iPad connected and it's oh so tempting to just restore it. 

This week was pretty slow, but we had some solid appointments with some less active and part member families.  I decided to drive out I the snow too.  Normally we wait a little bit for the snow to clear, but we decided to go "shovel" some snow.  I did pretty well in the snow even with all the hills out here. 

Anyways, I hope you are all doing well and that the wedding plans are coming together well. 

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Today has been a busy day.  Kevin fell out of bed in the middle of the night last night.  I wasn't in the room when it happened because I fell asleep on the couch.  Lexi happened to be up and heard her dad.  No one woke me up.  Instead Lexi kept the wheelchair steady while Kevin tried for an hour to pull himself up.  Not good!  When I woke up this morning he was in a lot of pain and pretty shaky.  Again...not good!  So, I stayed home with him today.  It's never good when he is this shaky, then with all the pain on top of that.  Not good!  Not good at all.  Kevin was awake all night last night.
 
After Kevin mentioned his fall, he said he was hungry.  Thinking about it now, I wonder if he was trying to get out of bed to grab something to eat.  He never said what he was trying to do.  Kevin wanted a cheese sandwich.  I think my family could eat their combined weight in cheese if they were given the chance.  After I made Kevin his sandwich he turned on a movie and rested in bed.  He could barely move from all the pain on his left side.  Kevin scares me when he gets like this, which means I needed to keep a close eye on him today.  I ended up checking on him about every 20 to 30 minutes.  He was awake all day.  No sleep last night and then awake all day too.  Not a good sign.  Luckily by about 4 p.m. Kevin finally faded off the sleep.  He slept for about two hours and then he was up again.  By now, Lexi was hungry and we made grilled cheese sandwiches.  Cheese.  I'm telling you....my family LOVES cheese!  After the sandwich Kevin faded off the sleep again for about an hour.  Tonight he turned on a movie and I put some potatoes in the oven for dinner.  We had baked potatoes. 
Something super easy and filling.  It has been a carb day for sure!  Totally not on my diet at all.  Cheese and potatoes.  Oh well.
 
After dinner I did Lexi's work out again.  I am so glad she asked me to do this with her.  I notice a difference already in the 6 days I've been doing this.  Let's hope I can keep this up.  I started out a lot slower than Lexi and I'm about half way to the level she is at.  In about another week I should be up to her level.  I add a little about every other day.   Remember I have to take it slow because of my knees.  Last night was the first night my knee was hurting so I took some Tylenol.  Tonight I took an Aleve just before I started the workout.  Hopefully all will be well in the morning.  (Crossing my fingers)  I'm also drinking a lot more water.  I'm determined to keep up with this cardio routine.  In fact, I find myself craving this.  It's funny! 
 
It's been a long day and I need to get to bed. 
A friend shared this little comment and quote and I thought I'd share it with you....
 
Take care friends and we will talk again soon.
  
 When muscle gets stronger it gets harder. When the spirit gets stronger it gets softer. Circumstances, things that happen to you and what people do to you don't define you. What you do in response defines you. Will you love or will you fear. Fear always looks out for itself and love always looks out for others. What will you do. It's your choice and it will determine your destiny. Chose love and fruitfulness is your destiny. Chose fear and fruitlessness is your destiny. The power to love is found  in Jesus Christ.
 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...