Pecan Pie Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 1¾ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter-melted
For the Pecan Filling:
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup dark corn syrup
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter- melted
- 2 large eggs-lightly beaten
- 1½ cups pecans-chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 ounce cream cheese-softened
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 3.5 tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup toasted pecans-chopped
To make the Crust:
- Line the bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and brown sugar, stir in melted butter, then press the mixture evenly into bottom and halfway up the side of 9 inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to firm the crust while making the filling.
To make the Pecan Filling:
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, eggs, pecans and vanilla and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer stirring constantly until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Pour into prepared crust and set aside.
To make the Cheesecake Filing:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy, then add brown sugar and flour and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Do not overbeat it!!! Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, then pour cheesecake mixture over pecan filling.
- Place springform pan on a cookie sheet, put it in the oven and reduce the heat to 325 F Bake the cake for 60-70 minutes (until toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean). Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in with oven door closed for 1 hour.
- Run a knife around edges of cheesecake but don’t take out of the pan until completely cooled.
To make the topping:
- In a small saucepan combine butter and brown sugar. Cook for 3-5 min or until very bubbly, then stir in cinnamon, heavy whipping cream and chopped pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- Release the sides of springform pan and spoon the topping over cooled cheesecake.
- Store the cake in the fridge.
We have a Curtis letter......
This week was awesome! Mostly because of Elder Holland. It was amazing meeting him. He had us all go up before he spoke and shake his hand and then he told us about how he does that so that he can have a personal interview with us as he looks into our eyes/SOULS!!! He told President Smith to be proud because the mission is doing great and that he would know if the mission wasn't doing good because he would be through the roof and we would be crawling out of there. He is o funny and so in tune with the Spirit. He said he is going to report about out mission to the rest of the twelve because we recently found over 1000 investigators in the month of December because of the Christmas video initiative. Which is awesome because new investigators are not just someone you have contacted once, but someone that you have had a second appointment with, which is normally pretty hard in some of these areas. Anyways, he went on to tell us that missionaries are just a branch of the Seventies and that either we are apostolic or he is a missionary. Either way, we are the same. His remarks reminded me of that talk I heard by Elder Bednar in the MTC were he says you are us and we are you because the purpose of a missionary is the same purpose of an apostle. He also told us that we cannot go back ever, and that WE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DIMINISH THE CHARACTER OF A MISSIONARY IN THE EYES OF THE MEMBERS.