Thursday, January 21, 2016

Just when...

Just when you think things are going a certain way something happens in a split second and plans change.  I woke up and ran Kyle to work and then came home to get ready myself.  I got completely ready and was even sitting in the car with the engine on when I got called back home.  At that moment I knew my day would be drastically changing.  Kevin is sick AGAIN!!!   As soon as I got back into the house I called my boss and told her it looks like we are off to the Emergency Room again.  Not good!  Not good at all!!!  And that's all I'm going to say about that until we know more.  Now, don't everyone panic yet.  It seems to be more of what we have dealt with in the past as far as we all know.  

Let's change the subject.  I just need to do that....  

Today is National Hug Day!  Did you know that?  ~smile~smile~
 
I know I had no idea, but after the way this week has gone for a few people I know, I know a few people who could use a hug or two or three.  Hugs ALWAYS have a way of making things better for anyone.  I love the Magic a hug brings to a little child when they get hurt as well as what it does to big people too.  Hugs soften hearts.  Every time someone gives you one.  It never ceases to amazing me just how wonderful a good hug can be at kick starting the healing process from something like a scuffed knee to relationships with folks.  Hugs are great!   We all could use more of them in our lives, I think.

Kyle downloaded a few songs on CD's a few years back and they have managed to make it into the car again and we listen to them often.  But lately, my new found favorite song has been The Crazy Ones by Stellar Revival.  It seems that for years now certain people have wanted to put us in some of the categories mentioned in that song from time to time.  So I've decided that I'm going to own it.  Why not, right??!!!  Here are the words to that song.  

Red-headed step-child
We are the born bad, nomad
Turn it up and get wild
We are the stones that keep rolling
We are the sweetest sin you welcome in and leave before the morning

'Cause we
Are
The Crazy Ones
The mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons
We color outside the lines for fun
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
'Cause we
Are
The Crazy ones
The badass, outcast, son of a guns
We march to the beat of a different drum
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
We
Are
The Crazy Ones

We are the new-school, no rules
Needle in a haystack
We are the outsiders, all nighters
Scream if you're a badass!
We are the wheels that keep turning
We are the heart breakers, risk takers
Anything but boring

'Cause we
Are
The Crazy Ones
The mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons
We color outside the lines for fun
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
'Cause we
Are
The Crazy ones
The badass, outcast, son of a guns
We march to the beat of a different drum
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
We
Are
The Crazy Ones

One of a kind, believe it
So stand up and make 'em see it
Yeah!

'Cause we
Are
The Crazy Ones
The mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons
We color outside the lines for fun
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
'Cause we
Are
The Crazy ones
The badass, outcast, son of a guns
We march to the beat of a different drum
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
We
Are
The Crazy Ones
(The Crazy Ones!)


It's become my theme song lately.  If people are going to say it behind your back, why not just put it out there and own it.  Life is too short and frankly if this is how you want to label me go for it.  I can't make you take a closer look to really see who I am...and, those snap judgements really do not matter.  I'm not trying to be like you or impress you.  I want to be the best me I can be and do what I know yo be right.  I heard a story some time ago about an apple tree.  When an apple seed is planted does it become another Apple?  No!  It doesn't. It becomes a tree.  There are so many different apples out there too.  Apples of different colors shapes and sizes.  So, if an apple seed will never really become another apple, why are we trying to be like all the other apples?  Shouldn't we keep our eyes focused on the tree?  Now, let's change this up a bit.... Think of the tree as Christ.  I don't know about you, but I've been taught that I should be trying to be more like him.  So, if I spend my day trying to be like all the other "apples" out there I will never reach my goal.  The real place we need to focus on and try to be like is the "tree" or Christ, if you will.  After all, He is the way, the truth, and the life.  No man come th unto the Father but by me. John 14:6.  That is who I try to be like.  Jesus Christ.  Sure, I fail often at my efforts, but I keep trying and keep trying, and start to see changes in myself sometimes I never dreamed possible.  And even in way I never even thought of.  What I'm trying to say here is that I keep trying and that is what really matter because I know that someday my Heavenly Father will make up the difference with the things I am lacking to be like Christ.  It is that relationship that matters to me. So I'm sorry if it bothers you that I am not more like the other apples around me because I was always taught to focus my efforts on the tree.  Enough said. 

Doesn't this recipe look awesome?  
I'm going to have to give it a try sometime.  I'm sure my husband will love it!!! 

Black Forest Cheesecake Brownies
 
Ingredients
Brownies
  • 1 cup butter, melted, cooled slightly
  • 2½ cups granulated sugar
  • 1 T. vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cocoa
  • ½ tsp salt
Cherry Cheesecake filling
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • ½ can cherry pie filling
Instructions
  1. Line a 9x13" pan with nonstick foil.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Brownies
  1. Whisk butter and sugar.
  2. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
  3. Add flour, cocoa and salt, stirring well.
  4. Spread about half of this into the pan.
Cherry Cheesecake filling:
  1. Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar,
  2. Spread this over the brownie batter.
  3. Dollop scoops of the cherry pie filling on top.
  4. Use the rest of the brownie batter to top the cherries. Use your hands to spread it.
  5. Bake about 35 minutes, cool to room temp and then chill hours before cutting.

We heard from Curtis today.  Here is his letter....

Hey Guys,
How are all of you doing?  I'm doing pretty good staying another transfer in Darien!!!!  

Yesterday we had a Workwide Missionary Broadcast.  It was like a Conference Session with only missionaries though.  There were a few trainings in between talks.  One of the things talked about was how when missionaries teach we can only bring the spirit unto someone's heart, but it's up to the person being taught to let the spirit into their heart.  I think it's so cool because Heavenly Farher respects our agency so much that even though He would love everyone to be converted He still leaves it up to the person to choose.  It was super cool, but that's why P-day is today and not yesterday.

Today we played some basketball, did some shopping and that was about it.  We've had some trouble meeting with our investigator with a baptism date which kind of stinks, but we are going to be pushing him a lot more.  This week was kind of a slow one for some reason. I have heard that the winter is just always slow, just because of the cold.  It kind of makes sense because the summer went by super quick.  

Anyways....How are all of you?  How are the wedding plans going?  How's the job Kyle?  How's the boyfriend Lexi?  LOL!

Love,
Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

It's been a LONG day and I have so much to get done.  Take care and we will talk soon.  

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...