Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday, and so it begins!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Quick trips to pick up groceries on a Saturday.  I couldn't believe the parking lot was pretty much empty and only a handful of people were there when I got there.  When I asked if they were busy that day, everyone said they had been.  So, I must have just missed it. 
 
2)  Plastic totes!  What a life saver those things are in all sizes.  I love that once all the Christmas is in those plastic totes it can all be put away and we are done until next year.  Love that!
 
From the Camera:
A friend of Kevin's shared this photo with us last year.  This was Kevin on the day he left For the MTC.  He was even wearing a vest with his suit.  I never paid attention to that until we started buying suits for our own boys.  It seems like this was just yesterday. 
 

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:
 
I thought this was an awesome idea someone posted on Facebook.  I think this would be awesome to make up and give to police or fire departments to hand out to people they come in contact with. I know my oldest son might be able to use these if he ends up working downtown Phoenix.
 
"This is what me and my daughter have started doing....We are keeping a "Blessing bag" in our car in case we find someone in need. You can make these up with items from the Dollar Tree such as gloves, thermal socks, beef sticks, crackers, candy bars, toothpaste, toothbrush, wipes, deodorant, snacks and other items that may help someone who is homeless or in a bad way. It is just a thoughtful, inspiring thing to do. This is something we are going to start doing from now on. Thank you to the ones that did this long before us, for being such a giving, loving, caring person! Random acts of kindness take very little to change the life of just one person."
 
From the Heart and Spirit:
From the Kitchen:

Anna's Cheesecake Recipe

 

Ingredients:

For the Crust
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Filling
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Topping
2 21-ounce cans cherry pie filling
whipped cream or whipped topping, optional

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F;. Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add in flour and mix on low speed until combined. Evenly press dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove pan to cooling rack and allow crust to cool completely.
3. Once crust is cool, prepare the filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar for about 3 minutes. Add in vanilla extract and beat an additional minute. Evenly spread filling over cooled crust. Top with cherry pie filling and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, top with whipped cream or whipped topping before serving.
 

Notes:

- I decided to serve Nana's Cherry Cheesecake in a fun new way by cutting the crust with a biscuit cutter after it was baked and cooled. I then layered the rest of the components into individual glass dishes.
From the Schmidt's:
You should see all the photos I've saved on my phone from things on Pinterest or other blogs about weddings.  Holy cow!  I updated my iPhone to the latest software version and when I did that I somehow received more space for photos.  Well, I've maxed that out now too.  So, I need to do a huge purge of some things.  Danielle is coming over tonight to do some planning, so we won't be deleting anything until we meet.  I'm sure once I delete things I'll just find other things to take their place.  I can't control myself.  LOL!  I'll admit it.  I'm starting to dream wedding.  That's never good.  
 
Danielle bought her wedding dress last year in like October.  She invited her Grandma, her best friend, Lexi and I to go with her to look.  We visited about 4 places.  She finally found her dress at a shop in Tempe.  Danielle wanted something different than the normal wedding dress and she found it!  It's a subtle difference, and very pretty on her if I do say so myself.  The dress she found has no sleeves so we have been trying figure out how to deal with this.  Danielle has always wanted a modest dress.  Something with sleeves and something that she could put on in the temple.  Not her actual wedding dress, but what I like to call her "party" dress, because let's face it....When you get married in the temple the dress you wear there NEVER gets worn out of the temple.  So, why not treat the dress she will wear to the reception as a party dress???!!!   The dress Danielle picked is a pale pink.  It's still long and quite fancy, and beautiful!  Here is a sneak peak of the dress on Danielle.  The seamstress needs to alter it a bit, because it's a little too loose around the waist and it needs to be hemmed a bit once Danielle determines which does she will be wearing.  She wants to wear a pretty heel out of the temple and maybe a different lower shoe at the reception, so they will have to take all of that into consideration.  I'm just glad she found an amazing seamstress to work with!  

 
 
 
This has been a quiet weekend.  Thank goodness.  This past week I've been getting up even earlier each day so Kyle and I could carpool to work.  Since I never took time to catch up on sleep all week, it finally caught up with me.  I woke up yesterday around 8 a.m. and then fell back asleep until 12:30 p.m.  Today, the same kind of thing happened.  I even slept through my alarm so we could make it to church today.  Arg!!!  Not good!  I do have LOTS to do around the house so we will make use of that time here while Kevin sleeps.  
 
We just started to take down the Christmas decorations.  Talk about being late!  But in my defense, we have had a lot going on lately.  Twinkle lights are going to have to stay out of the boxes until after the wedding.  We need to go and take a few photos of the cultural hall where the reception will be held just so we have them to refer back to while we plan.  I'd like to take a few measurements while we are there as well.  
 
Disclaimer:  This wedding/reception takes place soon and I will be in "wedding" mode over the next several months.  Please bear with me during this time.  I'll be back to normal soon.  Promise!
 
Danielle is her way over even as I type!  Dinner should be ready about the time she walks through the door.  Kyle has asked that I make breakfast burritos for dinner.  Not because I do anything special but because it's quick and everyone will eat them.  Well, except Lexi.  She eats most of the things in a breakfast burrito, except the sausage.  She prefers bacon, but we don't have any bacon and I'm not going out on Sunday to get it.  I'm trying to be better and not shop on Sunday's.  So, Lexi will have cheesy eggs and a tortilla or two, which is A-OK with her and that is OK with me too.
 
This week should be interesting.  We have to dress up all week, which I am on top of after last Friday's issues.  I'm not doing that again!  At least not for a very long time.  We have some special people coming into the office next week, hence the reason for the business casual attire required.  Kyle and I will be carpooling again this week.  He starts his second week of training.  I'm excited for him and I hope he does well.  He was telling me the other day that some people have gone from what he is doing right to the academy after three weeks of training.  He's not sure he wants to go that quickly though.  Time will tell.  Either way, he is learning a lot.
 
We still haven't scheduled Lexi's Patriarchal Blessing.  We waited until after the holidays on purpose.  We will need to make that appointment this week!  She needs this.  I'm excited for her to get it too.  It's time.
 
Well, Danielle came over and we planned a few things.  We will be flower shopping in the next few days.  She may not purchase just yet, depending on when the sale is, but we are ready to get going.  While Danielle was here she showed me her countdown clock and I got a little nervous.  Lots to do!  I was glad we talked about all the things we did today.  At least we have a tentative plan in place now.  It's all good.  Now to do what I can do, like paint things.  It's all good.  The only thing that really matters is the wedding itself.  All the rest is just extra.  A party.  When I keep thinking in those terms I don't stress out and this becomes exciting.  All I need to do is keep reminding myself of this. 
 
It's that time again.  Time to get things ready for tomorrow.  It's always hard on Sunday nights to fall asleep at night.  I'm hoping I can get to sleep before midnight tonight.  By the time Monday night comes around I should be able to fall asleep by 6:30 p.m. with no problem.  Ha Ha!  Take care friends and we will talk again soon. 
 
From the Missionary:

We received something from Curtis about Elder Holland's visit to his mission.  Here is what we talked about....(the white bubbles are the things Curtis said, and the blue are the things I said back to him)

  
Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...