Wednesday, January 6, 2016

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney!!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Amazing friends!  Old and new.  Some I see and talk to in person, others I talk to but haven't seen in many many years.  Either way, ALL of them are important to me and I appreciate them very much. 

2) My family!  Our family has been through so much together.  Things that I have witnessed other families fall apart over, but we have become stronger and closer than ever because of these things.  I am so grateful for that!  
From the Camera:
I am loving this necklace I found it again on my Pinterest boards.  So fun!  

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

Some time ago we collected these letters thinking we would spell out the last name of the couple (Danielle & Chance) at their reception.  Ultimately, we may paint them the colors of the reception, but we are short a couple letters.  We still need another N, and a D.  We may change up the R for a different one, if we can find another we like better.  The one we have doesn't look "industrial" enough.  I'm not sure I like the one we have.  What do you think?  They need some work, but we will get to that.  It's been fun collecting these.

From the Heart and Spirit:

From the Kitchen:

Baked Chicken Chimichangas


  • 8oz pkg. cream cheese
  • 8 oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded
  • 1½ Tbsp. taco seasoning
  • 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • cooking spray
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • green onions, for garnish
  • sour cream
  • salsa


Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
Fold in chicken.
Divide among flour tortillas.
Tuck in sides, and roll up each tortilla.
Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9×13” baking dish.
Spray tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Turn chimi’s over, and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, and salsa.

From the Schmidt's:
Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming. Swimming, swimming, swimming!  I feel like I am in a scene from Finding Nemo trying to keep myself focused and not jumping from one thing to the next.  I think it is finally getting to me.  I feel like if things get a little more crazy around here I won't even remember my own address anymore.  Just call me Dory and I am trying to get to P. P. P. Sher...., Sherman.  P. Sherman at 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney!  I remembered!!   If I can remember my final destination all will be fine.  Why? you say.  Well......
Danielle is flip flopping.  She LOVES the venue she found for her upcoming reception, but they won't let her bring in any of her own stuff.  You have to use only their vendors and their things.  Not exactly what we had in mind.  If they would let us bring in our own things or use vendors we know, it would be exactly the way my Daughter wants it.  So, I think we are sticking with the church building.    The church building is free and we can pretty much do what we want, within reason, of course.  No installing equipment or changing the structure of the building.  Not that we would ever think of doing such a thing.  Wink, wink!  You would be surprised what goes into some of the weddings we have seen over the years.  Wow!  Full blown productions!  No joke.  While we would LOVE to be able to put on a full blown production, we have to stay grounded and be realistic here, even though I feel pressure to go all out like I always tend to do.  I just wish I had go all out kind of money.  Since we do have a budget to work within and always have, I find that that makes me become more creative or think outside the box.  Now to enlist the help of a good friend.  Her job will be to keep me "grounded" and keep me from going too over the top. (Good luck to her!)  Now the fun begins.  We need to make a few calls and figure out exactly what we have and then what we need.  I told Danielle she is going to have to come over to paint a few things one day with the very least!  We have a lot of work to do.  I made a list of the things we have, or the things I can recall we have, at my house and sent it to Danielle.  She replied with photos of the things she has.  I was amazed at what she has.  She has been a busy girl!  If something were to happen and the wedding was cancelled, we could open a boutique tonight!  LOL!  I joke. 

I got home from work yesterday around 6.  When I got home I got a call from Danielle and ended up heading out to her house.  I guess her dress fitting was rescheduled for tonight.  While I was there we ran an errand, talked a bit, and then I headed home.  When I got home we all ate dinner.  After dinner I had three errands to run so Lexi and I headed out right away.  I didn't get home again until 9:00 pm.  When I got home Kyle was out cold, sleeping.  I had to wake him up to get his laundry.  He started his new job and has to wear pants, like dockers, for the first few days until his uniform pants are done being hemmed, at the uniform store.  Kyle only has two pairs of docker like pants, so we are washing his temporary work clothes every other night.  As it turns out, I needed a few things washed as well, so I stayed up until 10:30 pm waiting for everything to get out of the dryer.  Talk about a long day!  Up at 5, to bed by 11. I told Kevin when I woke up today, at 5 again, that I was going right to bed after dinner tonight.  Well, after Lexi takes off for Mutual at the earliest,...if she goes.  She was not feeling well when I got home from work last night.  When I walked into to the house last night I found her asleep on the couch, no school work done, no chores done, and the dog was anxious to get outside to do his thing.  Needless to say, I was not happy.  She immediately burst into tears.  I felt bad when she told me she was not feeling well and was dizzy.  I apologized for snapping at her and she went back to laying down.  She seemed a little better by the time we ran errands.  She just rode along in the car and didn't go into the places with me, which was fine.  I was just grateful to have her come with me.  Poor Lexi.

Kyle was issued his uniforms yesterday.  That was something to see.  He came home with bags and bags and boxes full of most of his uniforms.  They went on a shopping spree at the police uniform store and the department spent about $1000 on the basics of pants, shirts, boots, belts, an earpiece (it looks like a bell tone hearing aid), vest, plus all of the other goodies that are special issue.  A police ID, key cards to everything, and whatever else I can't remember because the brain is mush.  I can't wait to see him in it all.  It was fun talking to him about it all to and from work yesterday.  He wore his boots to work today and will pick up his pants from the uniform store at the end of the week. They issued a locker to him so he can dress at work.  I was kind of hoping he would leave the house each day in uniform so my neighbors could see.  Remember the neighbor that left his son home alone for Christmas?  Well, Kyle and I have watched a lot of traffic in and out of that house over the holidays, and we have witnessed a few shady dealings going on.  We think the son is selling drugs out of the house when his dad is away.  It would be funny to watch this kid freak out when Kyle stepped out of the house in his uniform.  

I want to talk about a few things.  A couple of things that tend to be a little frustrating to me.  With Kevin's recent SCI we all have had to adjust, work hard, deal with a lot, .....what have you.  We have done our best to make people aware of the things we deal with on a daily basis without going into detail as best we can.  Because let's face it, it can get a little graphic.  Yet, some folks just can't seem to get it!  We have been up against some pretty awful things over the last couple of months.  Things I never dreamed could or would happen.  So, today someone finally realized what we are dealing with when they had to take a relative to the doctor and had to pack the walker, wheelchair, bag, purse, and what not in and out of the house, car, appointments, and took an entire day off just to help this relative.  When I told this person that we had to do this every single time we leave the house they finally understood.  Talk about not knowing what battles someone is fighting until you walk a mile in someones shoes!  Anyway, I was grateful for the understanding and a little common ground.   Finally!!!!  I've felt like some people just do not believe me.  Today I finally felt like this someone finally gets it and that was nice.  

For a change I'm getting this post out early today.  I'm so happy!  No midnight post today.  Yay!  Take care my friends.  Enjoy your day and we will talk soon. 

From the Missionary:
Hey Everybody!!

This week was pretty good.  We have a baptismal date for Wxxxxx, which is exciting.  It's scheduled for after transfers, so hopefully I will be there. 


This Saturday is going to be exciting!  We get to see and meet another Apostle, and Elder Holland is amazing!  So, it's gonna be so cool.  Everyone is excited as well as scared because he wasn't supposed to come.  Instead, a member of the Seventy was going to come, but Elder Holland said No, he wanted to come instead.


It's been getting pretty cold here with a lot of wind.  That sucks!  Elder Richards, a roommate, likes to bump up the air conditioning which makes it a flipping winter wonderland. Ha Ha.  Anyways, how are you guys doing?
Elder Schmidt

Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...