Saturday, January 16, 2016

More.

Yesterday I mentioned that I was happy we would not be doing a drop ceiling at my daughter's reception and that I was thrilled!....AND, that I never liked the way the whole "dropped ceiling" looked because it reminded me of that scene in the Willy Wonka Movie where the kid that was obsessed with watching TV ended up stuck in a TV on a white screen or room.  Here is a photo...
 

Here are the oompa loompa's in the room for good measure too.  😊


Here are a few dropped ceilings in various LDS Ward buildings.  








So, do you see what I mean?  Very white. Well, when I said that I never meant to offend anyone.  Honest!  Please accept my apologies.  If the white is what you like then great!  It's just not something I care for and we are going a different direction.  That's all. 
 
As far as wedding plans go, it's full steam ahead.  Danielle has been busy again.  The 4 foot birch trees arrived at her house today.  She sent me a photo.  

Then I found these on a Facebook group and Danielle picked them up.  Here is the photo Danielle sent.

 
Danielle bought 15 of them!  Enough for a few places.  We have a friend that had several tree stumps we borrowed a couple years back for a ward party.  I wonder if they have any (even one would be great) left???  I'll have to ask.  When Danielle told Chance what her plans were for the wood slices, I guess he said she was doing what every Mormon girl in Montana does for their wedding receptions.  Danielle said she assured Chance that her reception was not going to be all white like everyone elses and that there would be color.  I had to laugh.  We know we are doing a little color here and there, but as far as all of the rest, that's still in the works and to be determined.  I think my daughter thinks a lot of herself and her mother's abilities, don't you think???  LOL! 

I did find something really cool to do over the food tables too!  Those details are still in the planning stages and we will share more on that later, but I can't wait to share and let you see what we have in store.  I'm beginning to get a little giddy, if I do say so myself.  Thankfully I'm not at the out of control stage for this wedding, which is odd for me because I tend to go there with weddings every time, or at least that is where I went with every other wedding I was involved with.  This one I'm actually having a great time planning and watching as things come together and that is a blessing!  Love that!!!! 

With Danielle's future in-laws living in Montana we have only met Chance's Dad.  Mom couldn't come down or she has been busy helping family members who were ill the other time she was in town.  So, I have yet to meet his Mom.  Danielle said Chance's Mom wants to be more involved with helping but she can't being so far away.  I told Danielle we need to find a way to include her somehow.  There is plenty to do and I'm sure something will come up as we move forward and we will work that all out.  It will be good. 
 
Enough wedding talk for now.
 
While I was at work today I was informed one of our biggest clients, my client, will be coming for a visit next week.  That being said, I get to do a presentation for them next week.  I always get nervous for these things every single time,..... and I'm sure this one will be no different.  It's all good!  Time to get the suit out of moth balls.  Ha Ha!  I don't have suits in moth balls, trust me.  I do need to make sure the pants are pressed and all of the wrinkles are gone.  I'm grateful I have three days to get my  ensemble together before my big day.  Yay!
 
Before I left work to come home today Kyle text me to see if I had any problems with him going to play football with the singles ward.  He called his cousin and took him with him, which is great!  I like that he is becoming more active with his ward and reaching out to his cousin too.  Tomorrow he will be busy too.  Elder Bednar is in town and will be speaking to the YSA's, so Kyle wants to be there for that.  From what I hear several members of the twelve apostles are in town right now.  Elder Anderson and Elder Holland are here.  I think it would be awesome to come in contact with Elder Holland and see if he happens to remember shaking all those hands with the NY NY North Mission last week, and of course tell him our son was one of those young men too.  ~smile~smile~

Tomorrow we have a few errands to run, a couple minor repairs to do, some lights to take down (yes...our Christmas lights are still up), and some cleaning to do as well.  I still haven't taken my anniversary gift out of it's box yet.  Remember the gift I received for my 10 year anniversary at Schwab?  Well, it's time to break that puppy out.  I'm tired of tripping over the box in my living room and I want to use it!!!  Kevin wants to give it a spin too.  He wants to build up the his strength in an effort to get strong enough to dance with his daughter at her wedding.  I love that man for his determination.  I know once he sets his mind to something it will happen.  He may not be able to feel anything in his legs, but will a lot of work he will reach his goal.  Kyle said he would work with Dad starting tomorrow and give him some help with his goals.  I love that too. 

This SCI (spinal cord injury) sure has been a blessing!  I know what you are thinking.  How could I possibly think this is a blessing??!!!  Let me explain.  First off, YES, this has been hard on each of us.  I struggle just trying to keep us going.  Kevin struggles watching me try and with his health.  Kyle struggles because he feels like he shouldn't make future plans that will cause him to leave us.  Lexi is just as frustrated, but shows her frustration in ways that effect her entire life.  If someone made a snap judgment about us, I'm sure it would be that we are falling apart, and in many different ways we are!  BUT, at the same time we have gained so much too!  We are so much closer as a family.  We do things differently now.  We don't sweat the petty things anymore.  We have learned so much about ourselves individually, as a couple, as a family, and as parents and children.  Kevin and I are so much closer now.  I also think we have softened some around the edges too, which is always a good thing.  One thing that kind of made me chuckle at myself the last time Kevin was rushed to the Emergency Room was how I handled a situation.  I pulled up to the front entrance to the ER and got out of the car and ran in to the front desk.  I told the girl at the desk that I needed help getting my husband out of the car and the girl assured me someone would be out in a few minutes to help me.  Well, three women with a wheelchair showed up.  With the help of the transfer board they managed to get him out of the car and into the chair.  I locked the car and we went in to the front desk to start registration.  Once Kevin was signed in we waited about 5 minutes before he was called back to triage.  The Emergency Room was packed that night, so we were told to wait in the waiting room until a room back in the back became available.  We must have been there about 5 minutes when I decided I better go move the car from where it was parked in front of the door before security started paging me to do it.  When I went outside there was a women a little older than me trying to get her father out of her car into a wheelchair and I could tell they were struggling.  I didn't even miss a beat.  I walked up asked if they wanted some help and I managed to maneuver the dad from his sitting position in the car and into the wheelchair in one motion.  Once he was positioned in the wheelchair the daughter proceeded to try to hand me her father's wallet, to which I motioned her to give it to her dad.  I told her to go move the car and I would wheel her dad inside out of the cold.  By the time I got inside, Kevin was ready to go back to a bed in the back.  I didn't ever find out what happened with the Father, but later when I came out of the back for a change of scenery while Kevin was in getting a CT Scan, I caught the eye of the daughter, who was just smiling in my direction.  She had managed to see me with Kevin in his wheelchair and I felt that she understood why I was able to help her earlier.  It's that kind of thing that blows my mind!  I would have NEVER tried to do what I did before.  Simply because I had no idea how to get someone who couldn't walk out of a car, much less, into a wheelchair from a car before Kevin's SCI.  Truth be told, I would have NEVER thought I could even do what I did now either!  Seriously!!!  I guess maybe something just clicked and I knew what to do.  I can't really explain it.  It was something very bizarre for me.  I haven't even shared this story with my family yet.  Why? you say.  I don't know.  I just haven't.  It felt good to help someone else in a similar situation though.  Through this whole thing I haven't felt like much help to anyone.  Now, before you go there, I know I am helping my family.  I get that, believe me I do, and I appreciate that.  BUT, there is something to be said for being able to be there for someone else in need outside of our family.  Let's face it.  I feel like I have been treading water in a pool that is sinking fast every single day.  I sometimes do not know how I have been able to accomplish what I have up to now and I am waiting for everything to come apart at the seams since we are holding together by a thread.  Honest....a single thread.  No fooling!  It was nice to be able to do something nice for someone like that.  It felt good, and I want to do this more often!  It's a wonderful feeling.  Service.  I did mention to our good Bishop that I needed something to do.  Now, I'm sure he has held back simply because we are dealing with so much in our personal lives.  I see it.  He sees it.  Everyone can probably see it if they just take a look.  So, I can appreciate his reluctance to extend a calling to me, and I appreciate that.  It will come in time...when the time is right.  I need more!

This reminds me of a church hymn.  This one to be exact....

More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff'ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.
 
More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief
 
. More purity give me,
More strength to o'ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy--
More, Savior, like thee.
 
 
I love this hymn.  I love it because it reminds me that even though I have a lot on my so called, "plate", there is still so much more I could be doing.  More service.  More time with my family.  More time studying my scriptures.  More time sending up fervent prayers to my Heavenly Father.  More time helping others.  I think the another thing I am learning through this SCI is that I am capable of so many things.  I may not be perfect at only a few things, but I am still a work in progress and I can do hard things and I am capable of so much more.  Enough said. 
 
 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...