Sunday, January 3, 2016

A New Day!

Two Things I am Grateful For:
 
1) Old friends that go out of their way to let me know they are there for me!  I received messages from old family friends who knew me when I was a little girl, from high school, and old stakes.  All have been an amazing support!  Thank you so much!
 
2) Time.  Time has a way of allowing some things to calm down.  Time to ponder.  Time to plan.  Time to take care of a few things.  I was reminded today to never give up.  Some things take a few days, weeks, or months to improve.  Sometimes it can take 50 plus years!  Our family friend reminded me of this today as she shared that it took 50 plus years for her daughter and sister to join the church.  How awesome is that???!!!  Either way, patience is the key and never giving up.  Thank you Sister Schlie for your friendship, kind words, and example.  She is 92 and as amazing as ever!  
  
From the Camera:
 
Hard to believe this girl is getting married soon.  In the right place (the Temple) to a worthy young man.  What a blessing!   It all became real for me the moment they called to schedule the Temple....our little girl is grown up and ready to begin a new chapter in her life.  Love it!  ❤️
 
From the Craft Room & Other Things I Love:
Aren't these pretty?  I'm itching to do some jewelry making, so I search around and look, and look, and look.  Maybe I'll be able to do this kind of thing again down the road.  For now, it's fun to just look.

  
From the Heart & Spirit:
 
 
 Too seldom do we prepare to pray, and too seldom do we quietly reflect after our prayers. These are times for reverent meditation. They allow our minds and our hearts to communicate clearly—and to be communicated to clearly—without words, or at least without spoken words.
— Jeffrey R. Holland
 
From the Kitchen:
Sugar Free Low Carb Chocolate Crazy Cake { Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free} 
 
Author: Brenda Bennett | Sugar Free Mom 
Nutrition Information 
  • Serves:  12 
  • Serving size:  
  • Calories:  167 
  • Fat:  14.3g 
  • Saturated fat:  2.1g 
  • Carbohydrates:  7.2g 
  • Sugar:  0g 
  • Sodium:  153mg 
  • Fiber:  1.1g 
  • Protein:  6.8g 
  • Cholesterol:  0mg

Ingredients: 

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Line an 8 by 8 baking pan with parchment paper. 
  3. Whisk together the first 7 dry ingredients. 
  4. Make 3 depressions in the dry mixture, 2 small and 1 large. 
  5. Pour the vinegar in a small depression, the vanilla extract and chocolate stevia in the other small depression and the oil in the large depression. 
  6. Pour the water over the top and stir until smooth. 
  7. Spread the batter into the baking pan. 
  8. Place in the middle rack of your oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes clean. 
  9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove by holding the ends of the parchment paper. 
  10. Place onto a cutting 
From the Schmidt's:
 
It's been a quiet day.  Kevin is still improving and gets stronger every day.  Now he is dealing with a few side effects from the antibiotics he is on.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  Poor guy.  
Lexi woke up in the middle of the night complaining that her stomach was bothering her.  When I woke her up this morning it was still bothering her.  It's been an issue since she came home from Christin's house Friday morning.  We hope it goes away by tomorrow so she can make it to seminary in the morning.  I'm sad we didn't make it to church today.  I had high hopes that with our new schedule we'd get off to a great start for the new year.  We've missed too much over the past few months and I hate that!  I need to get there and now I could make it to all of my meetings since I shouldn't have to take off after Sacrament to get Kyle to his meetings.  That is, as long as Kevin doesn't need me home sooner or needs to get home sooner.  I'm hoping this new schedule works out for all of us better.  
Earlier this morning I called an old and dear family friend, Helen Schlie.  She is the friend that messaged me that I mentioned above.  She sent me a message on Facebook telling me to give her a call.   She ran and owned the only LDS Book Store in our area when I was a little girl for 25 years!  She said she met and got to know people from all over the Southwest because our Temple and that book store was the only place around!  She is 92 now and still as amazing as ever!  She shared stories about my parents that I didn't even know.  She said was a convert to the church.  Her nephew was in the military and ended up stationed all over the world.  I guess each time this nephew moved my father would send the Mormon missionaries to his home to help him unpack.  She said her nephew came to rely on this so much that the one time the missionaries were not right there he called his Aunt to inquire as to when they were coming.  And you know each set of missionaries took the time to share a message each and every time they visited!  Sis. Schlie said her nephew still has not joined the church.  She said but her daughter did.  She said her daughter took 50 plus years to join and has been through the Temple now twice.  She said her younger sister, who is 8 years younger than her, also joined the church. Her sister has been to the Temple now once.  I enjoy hearing about her life, but I think the point she was trying to make is to never lose hope and she is absolutely right!  She also said I could call her any time day or night whenever I needed to talk.  She is amazing!  But she isn't free of her own difficulties and struggles.  She lives near our Temple and the place she is in was just bought by our church, so she will have to move at the end of this month.  I think she just might need some help moving some things when the time comes.  I wish I had a lead for her on a place to move to, I will certainly keep my eyes open.  I appreciate her kind words and her offer to let me call her day or night.  She is awesome!
Kyle starts his new job working for the police department this week!  We are very excited for him.  This job will be awesome for him.  With it comes so many benefits, but the one I am most excited about are the reduced college tuition fees....extremely reduced!  That is a huge benefit and I hope Kyle takes full advantage of that.  
Lots of things happening for all of us.  Here's to a HAPPY new year!!!  One full of good things for all of us.  With answers and peace too....and positivity too!   
Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.
 
From the Missionary:
 
Nothing new from our missionary today.  Next week on P-day.  We will share more then.  
  
Quote of the Day:
   
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...