Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sleigh Bells Ring, Are You Listening?

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1). Tonight the youth in our Ward came around the neighborhood on the back of a flatbed trailer caroling.  I love seeing the kids every year.  Makes me smile every time.

2).  My husband finally starting to get over his issue and starting to feel better.  

From the Camera:

I made this banner last year and I don't think I ever got the chance to put it up.  Since I had a moment this afternoon I decided to find a spot for it.  This isn't my ideal place for it, but it will do for now. 

From the Craft Room & Other Things:

I'm fascinated with these projects made with barbed wire.  I absolutely LOVE the door, but I have a weakness for old doors anyway.  This one is so unique!  Makes me want to do this with my doors.
This heart is adorable too.
These trees are super cute!
And this wreath!  Absolutely beautiful!

From the Heart & Spirit:


From the Kitchen:

Mint & White Chocolate Cocoa
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups milk
2 cups half & half
1/2 bag white chocolate chips
1 tsp. peppermint extract
few drops of green food coloring
Crushed Andes mints and Whipped Cream for garnish
DIRECTIONS:
In a large pot, add milk, half & half and heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
Add white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
Add extract and food coloring. Stir well.
Top with Whipped Cream and Andes. Serve warm.

From the Schmidt's:

Lexi left the house tonight early to meet up with the youth in our Ward to ride around on a flatbed full of hay on each street in our Ward to sing Christmas Carols.  The youth do this every year and it's become a tradition.  The kids sing and all the adults wait and look forward to seeing them drive by with the music going and the kids singing.  They usually stop at each house and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  It's a lot of fun and I look forward to this every year. 

Kevin seems to be doing better and has his appetite back.  He was only eating saltine crackers, Gatorade, and some Chicken noodle soup.  I was worried sick about him.  Then last night for dinner he actually ate what I made for dinner and again tonight.  His appetite is still not what it use to be, but I'm just glad it has improved.  

Blog Challenge:  Egg nog, Hot Apple Cider or Hot Chocolate?  I'm not into Egg nog at all!  Before I got married and when we used to spend Christmas Eve at my Grandparents house, my Grandma always had hot apple Cider ready and I mean hot!  My husband use to joke that it wouldn't cool down until right before he left for the night.  Kevin was right.  It was super hot, but I do miss her Cider.  Hot Chocolate is nice too, especially with whipped cream or mint chocolate!  Yum!!

Tomorrow is our department Christmas Party so my work schedule is a bit different for that.  That means that I need to get to bed early tonight.  That is just as soon as Lexi walks through the door tonight.  I can't sleep until everyone is home safe.  It's just a thing with me.  So, I need to cut this short.  Take care friends and we will talk again soon.

From the Missionary:
Hey Everyone,

Transfer meeting went well.  I am now in my apartment writing this email to you.  Elder Nutall is unpacking, same with my new Zone Leader.  This week was good.  We met some great people to teach.  Hopefully they pan out.  I'm excited for this cycle and to sorta run this area.  My nativity set arrived.  I like it a lot!  It's really cool.  Thank you.  

Elder Nutall is a little nervous to be doing English speaking again, but he will get over it.  Anyways, how are all of you?  Sorry this might be coming late, the wifi is being really dumb.  Sorry this is short too.  Not to much has happened besides the transfer changes.  We met with a lot of members for Elder Larkin ti say goodbye to, which kinda stinks, but I totally understand.  This week should be a better one though and I will let you know how it goes next week.  

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...