Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas and a few thoughts



Here is a little blog inspiration for the next few weeks while we count down until Christmas day.  This year, rather than one big meme about Christmas, answer one of these each day of December.  It doesn't have to be an entire entry, add it to whatever you are posting.  I will do the same and share one a day too.  A little holiday cheer each day!  By all means, share photos to go along with.  AND, if you do not blog share your holiday memes in a comment to me.  I would LOVE to hear from you.

  1. Colored lights or white lights on your house or not at all?
  2. Hot chocolate, Apple Cider, or Egg Nog?
  3. What's your favorite holiday dish?
  4. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
  5. Do you hang mistletoe?
  6. When do you put up your decorations?
  7. What's your favorite holiday tradition?
  8. What's on the top of your tree?
  9. Do you have a nativity displayed through the holidays?
  10. Candy Canes, traditional or flavored?  Or Chocolate Covered Cherries?
  11. What's your favorite holiday goodie to make and share?
  12. What's your favorite Christmas song?
  13. When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas?
  14. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 
  15. Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without?
  16. Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few?
  17. Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon?
  18. How do you decorate your tree?
  19. Snow?  Love it?  Dread it?  Tolerate it?
  20. Do you remember a favorite gift?
  21. Do you have a family get-together during the holidays with extended family? 
  22. What's the most important thing that you must do each Christmas season?
  23. Do you bake Christmas cookies?
  24. Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa?
  25. Share a favorite Christmas memory.
I must have twisted wrong or something yesterday either trying to get Kevin's wheelchair in and out of the trunk of the car or something, because my knee swelled up like a balloon, and it's clicking now.  Not good!  So, I had a restless night.  I tried the bed, the couch, the recliner, and nothing worked.  The other odd thing that happened was that my left hand swelled up too.  I have no idea what that is all about.  Needless to say, I haven't done much today.  Thank goodness everyone has let me take it easy.  Work must think I've died.  Believe me, this week has been like something out of the twilight zone for sure.  Here is hoping things will mellow out right away.   

I am very happy my son has been so relentless about the holiday decorating.  You should see my family room and dining room.  I have big plastic totes everywhere full of the decorations I still need to get out.  Kyle took care of the village and the outdoor Christmas lights.  The rest is all up to me.  Yikes!  The way things are going it could take me until Christmas day to get everything out.  I'm serious.  LOL!  Kyle joked and said maybe we should just leave the decorations off of the tree this year.  Thank goodness for trees with the lights included.  I always still add about 8 strands of lights to the tree on top of what it comes with, but at least it doesn't look too bad without the decorations.  I'll get my act together eventually.  That is just as soon as my knee mellows out.

Take care and we will talk again soon.  Happy Friday Eve!

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...