Monday, November 9, 2015

Just like when he was little.

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Early morning scripture study.  Love it!
2)  No accidents on the freeway this morning.  Thank you.

From the Camera:

Just like he use to when he was a little boy, under the coffee table he goes.  Silly kid....not such a kid anymore.
Kyle didn't want me to share this.  Shhh!  Let's keep this between us.  😊
  

From the Craft Room and Other Things:

Check out how cute these ornaments are!  Love them! 
AND if you didn't want to cut shapes out of cardboard you could use those wooden shapes you see at all of the craft stores instead.  Super cute and super cheap.  Adorable!  


From the Heart and Spirit:

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."
It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!
From the Kitchen:

WHITE CHOCOLATE, CARAMEL & PUMPKIN MINI LOAVES RECIPE (KRAFT RECIPES)


White Chocolate, Caramel & Pumpkin Mini Loaves Recipe (Kraft Recipes)

White Chocolate, Caramel & Pumpkin Mini Loaves Ingredients:
  • 1-3/4 cups flour
  • 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
  • 1 Tbsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
  • 1/3 cup KRAFT Caramel Bits
  • 2 oz. BAKER’S White Chocolate
  • Heat oven to 350ºF.

  •  Combine flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and spice. Beat pumpkin, sugar and sour cream in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add butter and eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in nuts and caramel bits.

  •  Pour into 4 (5x2-1/2-inch) mini loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray.

  •  Bake 40 to 45 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool bread in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
     Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over bread.
From the Schmidt's:

Kyle's appointment was scheduled for 10:30 this morning.  He had to be there at 10 this morning.  I text him about an hour ago and he was still there.  Thankfully Kevin went with him.  I guess the Cardiologist isn't messing  around.  They scheduled an Echocardiogram and a Stress Test today.  Then Kyle will go back Thursday for the results.  I will admit, it's been a little nerve racking waiting to hear anything.  I know they, meaning Kyle and Kevin, are anxious too and they are right there.  I couldn't get information any quicker if I was with them.  So we all wait.  I'm just glad the Cardiologist is doing everything he can to get quick results.  I know if they find anything today they will notify the Cardiologist immediately.  I'm crossing my fingers that this will turn out to be nothing serious and Kyle will be able to keep doing everything he loves to do.  

Kevin seems to be doing a little better yesterday and today, which is a blessing.  He has a few other appointments scheduled and then hopefully we will be done with this bladder infection and upper respiratory infection for a while.  I'm crossing my fingers.

I got a call from my sister-in-law.  She invited us over for Thanksgiving and to a cabin they rented during the holidays.  I'm not sure if we will take then up on these invitations.  I mentioned both to Kevin and he wants to talk about them more tomorrow.  He is a little worn out tonight and we will be able to talk to Danielle tomorrow night when she stops by.  Our plans kind of work around her plans somewhat for either invite.  Partly because of the dog and partly because we need to get her vote on Thanksgiving too.  We will still cook a turkey dinner sometime around here.  We always do, even if it's the week before of the week after Thanksgiving.  Everyone likes left overs and Kevin always insists that I make my stuffing.  I'll also have to figure out what my schedule will be like at work to determine if I can even take time off during both holidays.  Looks like we have some decisions to make...not to mention working out arrangements for the dog.  That means Danielle coming over and staying with her dog.

Too much to keep straight in my brain!  Kevin and I went round and round about appointments, therapy, Social Security, and attorneys from the moment I got home.  I'm toast.  The man is confusing me and talking to people he doesn't need to talk to, like therapy groups he has no business discussing his care with.  Arg!  I told him the next time he talks to someone and he does not know who it is or if I haven't talked to him about it, then he needs to either just hang up or tell the person you will have me call them back.  I can see I'm going to need a few hours a day just to make phone calls to straighten out things.  Not fun!  So frustrating!

I need a vacation of my own.  Just a small get away.
My doctor keeps talking to me about getting away.  Every time she brings it up I look at her like she is a crazy person.  Where or when would I possibly be able to fit in a mini vacation for myself?  It just doesn't seem possible.  Then she tries to convince me to take a few hours to go and sit and people watch at a park or the mall.  I just laughed.  People watching doesn't strike me as much of a vacation.  I would consider a massage, but the couple I have had made me feel uncomfortable.  So, I guess I will have to make it a trip to get nails done or a haircut or something some time.  Honestly, I think I just need to book a hotel room for a nice long nap since I can't seem to find the time here and my brain just doesn't seem to know how to shut off lately long enough to allow me to take a nap.  

Enough about me.  I need to get.  Lots to do before I stroll off the bed.  Take care my friends.  Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. AND we will talk again soon.

From the Missionary:

Nothing new today.  More next week.

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...