Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Do not sink!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Good doctor's offices that help with so much!

2) Our ward family that have gone out of their way to do all they can to help us and be there for us.  

From the Camera:


Hey lady, you lost something!

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

Here are a few string art projects that caught my eye and I thought you might enjoy seeing these too.  Check them out!  







From the Heart and Spirit:


From the Kitchen:



Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Prep Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 16-20
Ingredients
  • Crust:
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels 
  • 3/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • Filling:
  • 8 ounce cream cheese,softened
  • 8 ounce whipped topping
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • Topping:
  • 3 ounce strawberry flavored Jell-O
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 10 ounce fresh strawberries
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix together the pretzels, sugar and melted butter.
  3. Press into the bottom of a 9 x13 inch pan.
  4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until pretzel layer is lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
  5. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
  6. Fold in whipped topping, and mix well to combine.
  7. Spread evenly over the cooled pretzel layer.
  8. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
  9. In a medium bowl, stir together the strawberry gelatin mixture and boiling water.
  10. Mix in strawberries and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
  11. Pour over the cooled cream cheese layer.
  12. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.

From the Schmidt's:

It just got real!  Today I took part of the day off from work in order to get Kevin to the doctor for a follow up visit, and to complete some paperwork.  We had two appointments.  The doctor took care of Kevin and checked him over and then ordered tests to be done.  Once Kevin was done he went out to the waiting room.  I stayed back while the paperwork was completed.  I sat in the room between the doctor and her assistant who acted as scribe.  The doctor filled out the 12 page document and dictated information to her scribe as I answered questions once in a while.  When the doctor was done she signed it, make copies for her files, and then gave me the original.  I walked out of their offices feeling that the doctor really had a grasp on Kevin's situation or condition, which is a good thing.  After we were done, I ran Kevin home and went off to work and never read through the form that was completed.

When I arrived at work I walked right into an hour long meeting.  Once the meeting was over and once I had a chance I took the paperwork out of my purse and read through it.  I sat at my desk shocked, stunned, and taken aback by how detailed the doctor had been.  She was describing the condition Kevin has as well as the kind of care Kevin needs on a daily basis.  Sure, I am well aware of the things we deal with on a daily basis.  I guess it just hit home seeing it there in print before my eyes.  After I read through the form, I could feel the weight of the world suddenly plop down on both of my shoulders again.  Not exactly a feeling I like at all and I had been doing a good job of avoiding that figurative weight from finding my shoulders lately.  I guess not today.  

Then I realized that I did not start my day out with my morning scripture study and a prayer.  I had gone all day without realizing what I had done.  You see, my schedule was discombobulated this morning.  I slept in an hour.  I had to help Kevin get ready.  I had to print out the 12 page form.  All in addition to getting myself ready for the day.  Not things I normally do first thing in the morning.  I was off kilter and off my routine.  So, I pulled out my phone and read through a couple verses at work.  Then I said a silent prayer, with eyes open, while sitting at my desk.  Not exactly my favorite way to pray for sure, but I had no choice.  Once my prayer was offered up I felt much better.  

As it turns out, the paperwork still needed a few other sections completed.  So, I had to call the doctor back.  I still have no heard back from them, but I'm sure they will get us what we need.  They usually do.  They have always been amazing for us!  Love that!!!

Last night we got a visit from the Bishop.  It was suppose to be the Bishop and the Stake President, but the Stake President got pulled away for something else last minute.  The Bishop asked me Sunday, while I was in his office, if they could stop by last night, so we knew they were coming.  My kids spent two days contemplating the reasons for their visit.  My kids thought they were coming to over some kind of calling.  I assured my kids that was NOT the reason for the visit.  They were coming to check up on us.  Nothing more.  
Honestly, I wish they were coming over to offer Kevin or I a calling.  {smile, smile}

It's been a long day, and now I have a headache so I should go.  Take care friends and we will talk soon.  

From the Missionary:

Email sent from our son, Elder Curtis Schmidt, to his parents and brother and sisters.  Read below....

Hey Everyone,

Sorry this is so late, this P-day was weird.  We picked up Elder Holtom and his companion this morning to hang out with them.  We were all over New Canaan and our area.  It was a weird day.  This week was not super eventful, except for the Bishop giving us a lot of referrals that our ward mission leader is making us be bold with asking for referrals, which is making me uncomfortable, but it's good.  One of the people is a Penske who is a Nascar owner.  He is worth like a billion dollars.  I'm excited!  It's kind of crazy.  He's a member who is less active, but we will change that.  LOL!

Oh, another thing that has happened is a Fireside about the new handbook updates about same sex marriage.  We didn't go because we had appointments, but Elder Christofferson's Brother spoke and apparently he has had a struggle with same sex attraction himself.  He wasn't active in the church and has an awesome story about his return to the church.  He didn't talk about his struggles with same sex attraction, he talked about Christ and just taught the doctrine of Christ, which is awesome.  If anyone is having a struggle about anything in the gospel then the things that will help are the plain and simple truths of the gospel.  

President Smith, our Mission President, was talking to us about an investigator that had been taught everything about the gospel and was ready to be baptized, but they had a problem with the kind of bread used for the Sacrament.  This investigator thought it was unhealthy and so they felt it was against the Word of Wisdom.  President Smith asked us what we thought we would teach, and then told us what was taught.  Just the doctrine of Christ was taught and that person was later baptized.  It all just made sense.  Everything is just starting to click.  It's pretty cool!  

Again, I am sorry this is so late, and that this all might not make a lot of sense.  I will try to explain more soon.

Love you guys!

Love, 

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...