Friday, November 20, 2015

Crisis Averted!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Today is Friday!  That makes me so happy!

2)  I am Grateful for awesome kids who help me out in so many ways.  I've always said my greatest blessings call us Mom and Dad and I mean that!

From the Camera:

Curtis, I mean Elder Schmidt, sent this photo to me the other day.  Elder Larkin is the one Curtis is wrapped around in whatever wrestling hold this is.  Apparently not much has changed because Curtis and Kyle use to wrestling in my family room ALL the time.  I just feel sorry for Elder Larkin.  😀

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:


  • Materials:  Bulky-weight yarn 

STEPS


  1. Here's a cozy yet speedy project. Cut 12 pieces of bulky-weight yarn to about 1 1/2 times the desired length of the final scarf. (We used 140-inch pieces to make an 86-inch scarf.)
  2. Divide yarn into 4 bunches of 3 strands each.
  3. Tie 2 bunches together with a square knot, leaving 6 inches of fringe at end; repeat with remaining bunches. Pin the knots to a piece of foam board.
  4. Knot inner 2 bunches of yarn together, spacing knot about 1 inch from existing knots, then knot left and right bunches together.
  5. Alternate knotting the inner bunches and the left and right ones, spacing knots evenly apart, until about 6 inches of yarn remain on the end.
  6. Finish so that final knots mirror opposite end, and trim to even the ends.

From the Heart and Spirit:



From the Kitchen:

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Ingredients
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 5-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 375ºF. 

Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks. 

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. 

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

From the Schmidt's:

Today started out rough, and then I got some good news. The FMLA paperwork we submitted was approved and I got more than I expected!  What a HUGE blessing!!  I am glad that's all taken care of.  Now, if something happens (within reason, of course) I can take care of Kevin. Last night I was making phone calls, scheduling more appointments, and faxing additional forms to other doctors.  Today, everything was cleared up, no additional forms or appointments needed, and I have a block of time to use as we need it.  Yesterday they had given me an extension for the paperwork.  This afternoon everything is done!  AND, after reviewing the paperwork, I was told that if the amount of time granted is not enough, I can always call to amend things without having to get additional paperwork.  Talk about a MASSIVE blessing!!!!  No more crisis!   This comes just in time for Kyle to start his new job!  That's right, we have a start date!  Go Kyle!!!  Thank you, thank you!  

Tonight we are just hanging out with each other. Kyle took off to spend some time with his cousin.  Lexi and I are watching TV, and Kevin is laying down in the bedroom watching TV too.  Yesterday Kevin had a pretty high fever.  I was worried we would end up back at the hospital last night.  Thankfully a little Tylenol, lots of water, and rest helped.  Tonight Kevin says he feels better just not 100% yet.  We aren't messing around with him anymore.  If he gets sick we are going to make a 
B-line to doctor or hospital, whichever comes first.  He goes down too fast to risk it.

Danielle said Chance was planning on going out of town to visit a friend in Nevada for Thanksgiving.  Danielle wasn't very happy.  When Danielle came over she wasn't very happy about it.  I was a little surprised by the plans, but Chance can do whatever he wants.  He really does not have to answer to anyone.  I get that Danielle and Chance are planning on becoming engaged, but for now....he is a "free agent" so to speak.  Later I guess Chance talked to his parents about his plans and it came out that Danielle wasn't very happy about them.  From what I understand, his parents sided with Danielle.  So, Chance changed his plans.  He is coming with us for Thanksgiving.  Crisis averted.  I have to admit, I am a little worried about how things will turn out for Thanksgiving.  There has been some tension in the family and I am just not ready to deal with that.  When Kevin and I talked about it he said we can always change our minds and do our own thing.  He feels it too.  I'm going to defrost our turkey, just in case.  I plan to cook it anyway.  We may just cook it sooner than I had planned, another words...a day or two sooner.  

Tomorrow we have a few things to do.  Kevin needs to have some lab work done and I need to get to an appointment.  I wish I could sleep in, but maybe I can get a nap in later.  We shall see.  Kyle wanted to play board games again this weekend too.  I love that!  We have so much fun doing that.  We also plan to get some Christmas decorations out too. I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner!  It all depends on how things go in the morning with the two appointments.  

It's been a busy week at work.  This time of year is our busiest time with all the charitable gifting people are doing before the New Year.  By the time the last week in December rolls around, we should be pulling our hair out.  We have a lot of new folks involved in the the process and there are bound to be lots of mistakes.  Which means, lots of work for our team because we get to help clean things up.  Trust me, it can get pretty messy, depending on the issue.  Surprisingly, things have not spiraled out of control yet.  Thank goodness!  Let's hope that never happens.  (fingers crossed!)

There are things I need to get done.  Take care my friends and we will shall talk again soon.

From the Missionary:

No new letters yet.  Next week.  

Quote of the Day:


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...