Friday, November 27, 2015

Changing it up....

1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?

Oh WOW!
There have been so many surprises in my life!  Most have been wonderful and some have been terribly painful.  BUT,....they have all made me the person I am today and for that I am grateful.  I know that's not very specific, but that's as specific as it gets today.  Sorry.

2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable. 

Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?

Honestly!  Frankly, they are all pretty stupid.
I've only heard a few of these.  For example:  hangry, buttdial, buttdial, and awesomesauce.  The others are new to me. 
I think hangry is just plan dumb!  In fact, I had only just heard the definition of that word yesterday when my oldest daughter explained it to me.  Since I do not drink, I would probably never say beer o'clock because I would never need to.  Depending on what I might be describing, I might use the word awesomesauce.  Doubtful, but I might.

3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite?

Yes, I do like gravy but I rarely indulge.
  I prefer dressing to have a little gravy on it.  I have rarely make  gravy, but when I do I usually buy the store made variety and doctor it a little.  Mashed potatoes and gravy are hard to beat, but everything on the list except, country ham and red eye gravy and biscuits and chocolate gravy are things that must go hand in hand.

4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain.

Yes, I generally have a plan and I need a plan.  I have always functioned best with a plan and find I am far more productive with a plan.   Yes, I have definitely had plans to go awry and I have always lived to tell about it. ~life happens~  Plans were far more important to me when our children were younger and we were juggling their schedules and our own. I am a planner but there are just some things that cannot be planned.  I do fly by the seat of my pants pretty well, and lately that is what we know best. ~chuckle~

5. November 19 was National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly this holiday season? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on?

I do not currently have the game but we use to when the kids were little.  I loved playing Monopoly but it's most unlikely that I will play this holiday season, unless we get the new Star Wars version with the round board.  I have never been to Atlantic City and it's not on my list of places I "must" go. Yes, I have ridden a train several times and parking in our town is free.  I can't remember the last chance I took but I've taken several in recent months.  Sometimes the chances you take in life are what make it fun.  

6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?

We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet.  That song can make the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up sometimes, especially when it is sung by a group of men.  

7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for?

Oh, my goodness, there's likely more than I would care to admit that I take for granted but the very first thing that came to my mind was good health.  The older I get the more grateful I am for my good health as I know that it can be taken in a matter of hours. We have experienced that in our family recently with my husband's health.  Sometimes these health changes come at the hand of another, like a surgeon.  There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't hear of someone who is dealing with a life threatening or debilitating condition.  While we feel that through all of this we have been truly blessed because our eyes have been opened to so much more than what we would have been able to see had we not had this experience.  

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Everyone got up this morning freezing because the change in weather literally over night.  Today we have all been wrapped up in blankets.  I'm not ready to turn on the heat yet, but I'm also not ready to get sick either.  So, the heater will go on tonight for the first time.  We can't risk it with Kevin's health.  It's just not worth that risk.  Not to mention, my kids don't need to get sick either.

Did you do any shopping today?  I didn't.  I saw some awesome deals though.  We never go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  Mostly because we never seem to have money that day.  Payday is always after.  Besides, I do not care to stand in lines and fight for the things I want to buy.  That doesn't excite me at all!  Shopping online and doing it that way, that I can get into!  In fact, that's how I did most of my shopping last year.  It was great!  

We are planning on putting together a box for our missionary to get in the mail soon, but I can't seem to think of anything fun to send him.  Sure, we can send ties and scarves or warm socks and things like that.  Those things are a given.  I ordered this nativity that is 3D that he can keep in his bag and pull out whenever he teaches about the birth of Christ.  They are small enough to fold up into a letter sized envelope.  It's pretty cool.  That should be coming in the mail any day now.  I ordered two.  One for me and one for Curtis.  I also have one that would be cute for little kids too that I can print up and send along as a well.  That might be nice for him to have.  See, I'm just typing away here and coming up with things.  Love it!  {smile, smile}  


Well, I need to get dinner going.  Take care my friends and we will talk soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I never do "Black Friday"! Thanksgiving was great.
Have a wonderful weekend,Sondra.

Sondra Schmidt said...

Thanks Sylvia! Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...