Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blessings!!!! Love that!!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Light traffic today!  Love that!!!

2) TV shows that make me laugh and remind me just how blessed I am to NOT have certain problems in my life.  

From the Camera:

I find myself gravitating to Christmas trees already.  It must be this time of year or something.  Here are a few I found and love. 





From the Craft Room and Other Things:

Check this out!  If you want the Matte nail look, here is an easy way to achieve that look.  Watch the clip.


From the Heart and Spirit:

Be faithful.
From the Kitchen:

From the Schmidt's:

Yesterday I downloaded a new app for my phone.  This one tracks the traffic so I can find my best routes to and from work.  I love it!  Yesterday I tried an alternate route the app suggested and I shaved 15 minutes off my drive time.  I'm sure I could have shaved more off if I would have passed a few cars along the way too. I just didn't want to miss a turn.  I'm so glad I downloaded that app!  Love it!!

I came home tonight to find out Lexi was up all night last night and slept all day.  In fact, she slept from about 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. straight!  Not good!  Kyle said he tried to get her up today and he couldn't get her up.  Her sleep cycle is all messed up.  Needless to say, she missed mutual tonight.  Arg!  It's like she has stepped away from life or something and I'm not liking it at all!  Looks like we will be making her stay up all day Saturday to try and switch her back to a normal schedule.  This is one of the big drawbacks from online school that bothers me.  If I were home during the day I could stay on top of her, but that will never happen.  I gave up on the possibility of ever staying home long ago.  I know better than to try for that in my life.  I'm sorry, I'm starting down the pity party road again.  Let's talk about something else.  Back to Lexi.
She has missed A-hour Seminary too.  So now I need to call the Seminary teacher to find out if there is a way she can do online classes.  I don't know what else to do.  If I get Lexi to the school for A-hour she would have to walk home from the school alone.  She gets scared doing that.  Yes, I know, I have probably not been much help with that.  BUT, I would rather be cautious and keep my daughter safe, than risk her getting hurt.  My biggest fear?  Her getting snatched and pulled into some strangers car.  Several years ago my oldest daughter and son were waiting for the same ice-cream man on the same street when a young girl that attended the same Elementary School was snatched up and they never found her.  This happened right her in this area.  Right in the same area Lexi would be walking home from school in.  So, NO.  We are not going to allow our daughter to walk home alone after school starts.  It's just not going to happen.  

It's Thursday now.  I had an appointment late tonight and while I was there I was given some ideas on how to help Lexi with Seminary.  I think we need to find her a bicycle to ride home.  That would help.  I'll have to look around and see what I can come up with.  More on that later.

My appointment was a good one.  I always leave those appointments feeling much better for taking the time to keep those appointments.  Tonight I got a little bit of a glimpse into my therapist's life.  Her husband recently underwent heart surgery.  In fact, about a year ago.  We talked about what Kyle was going through right now, and we even talked about Lexi and her surgery.  She listened to my story, but more importantly, she listened me telling her how we could see the Lord's hand throughout that entire thing.  From how we found out about Lexi's condition, to the doctor's visits, and ultimately the surgery and those that helped us through all of that.  She could feel the Holy Ghost bear witness to the truthfulness of the things that I was saying.  She said she was getting chills as I shared the story.  That just showed me how strong the spirit was in that room as we talked.  It was awesome.  

Today I have heard three people tell me that I am a very strong person to be able to deal with all of these things.  Each time I just told each person that I don't feel strong.  I'm just doing what everyone would do if they were put in this same situation.  They all think it's amazing that I am honoring my marriage vows by staying with my husband through this tough time.  Honestly, the thought never crossed my mind to leave.  Maybe take a mini vacation, but NEVER leave!  What is that??? Why do some people always go there.  Frankly, I feel that this trial is huge and at times it weighs me down a lot.  BUT, having a temple marriage brings peace and comfort to me when I have a down moment.  Besides, I know Kevin would be doing exactly what I am doing and more if the tables were turned and I was the one in the wheelchair.  One person, and I thought this was incredible that she would pick up on this, said that I was learning a lot and growing as a person very quickly.  She said I do not appear to be stressed or overcome with this burden.  She called it amazing.  Again.  I do not feel amazing.  Yes, I may be learning and growing.  This is true.  I just do not know exactly why.  I'm beginning to understand a little here and a little there.  I'm sure more answers will come in time.  I just need to be patient.

One thing that has been bothering me was the fact that Kevin didn't have any life insurance.  I would lose sleep over that because I was worried about what I would do if something happened to Kevin.  I didn't know how we would ever afford,.....well, what if I lost Kevin!  How would we be able to handle the expenses of a funeral.  I know that is a morbid thing to think about and believe me, I don't ever want to think about losing him.  BUT, it was keeping me up at night.  I was waking up in my sleep about this.  YES, it was that bad.  You see, I have life insurance on each of my children.  Not a large amount.  Just enough to cover final expenses if something were to happen to one of them, but I didn't have anything for Kevin.  He always carried to life insurance on himself at his place of employment.  Well, he isn't working now.  So, that is gone.  Thankfully, my employer offers a plan that does not require a physical and would only pay enough to cover final expenses.  So, I signed up.  I cannot tell you what peace that brings me!  Today was the last day to sign up for 2016 benefits.  One of the other girls I work with that has a husband that has had two strokes and is a little older than Kevin, but she was concerned about the same thing too.  In fact, she didn't know about the spousal coverage until I told her.  Thank goodness!  She stayed after her shift to sign her husband up and thanked me for telling her too.  I'm just glad another co-worker told me about the plan a few days ago and I'm happy to share the information with others too.  Blessings!

It's been a long day.  I didn't make it home until after 7:30 p.m.  I feel like a vampire.  I leave the house when it's dark outside and I get home when it's dark outside.  Not exactly my ideal schedule, but it's only for 4 months.  I can do this!  

I should go.  Take care and we will talk soon.

From the Missionary:

Hey Everybody,

How are you all doing?  Is it getting pretty cold yet?  I bet this will be the year it snows in Mesa since I'm not there to heat everything up.  :) LOL!  The high here is about 55 degrees today, and it's rainy too.  All the fall colors are pretty much gone.  We just have different shades of browns in the trees now.  

We are still working with our members Dad who has Alzheimer's and Wxxxxx, the guy from Haiti, and we are also doing a lot of finding.  Last night we went over to a members family's home.  This family owns an island that they go to for summer vacation.  It's so crazy!  Their son is on his mission right now in Peru.  The Dad asked us to go out with him to look up some less active members that he remembers from his time as Bishop of this ward.  It was so cool that he wants us to go with him.  We are starting to meet some members that we probably wouldn't any other way.  Anyways, this P-day is kind of boring.  One of our roommates went to the city because one of them is going to the temple before he goes home.  So Elder Larkin and I are just kind of chilling in the Stamford Mall.  We might go penny boarding if everything clears up.  We went to Stew Leonard's a little earlier and it was awesome.  They have the best free samples!  Everything is made super fresh.  We got a free cup of apple cider and a ham and cheese croissant sandwich that was awesome.  So, pretty much this area is awesome and I could live here for my while life.  I hope I don't get transferred soon.  Ha Ha!  Maybe President Smith will forget about me here.  LOL!  

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad  
Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...