Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What a Start!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The weather.  I absolutely LOVE that it's getting cooler out.  AND the rain too.

2) Good people that watch out for me.  Thank you!

From the Camera:

My silly girl being silly.


From the Craft Room and Other 
Cool Things:

Just another fun idea for Halloween decorations.  

From the Heart and Spirit:

"The spirit must be freed from tethers so strong and feelings never put to rest, so that the lift of life may give buoyancy to the soul. In many families, there are hurt feelings and a reluctance to forgive. It doesn’t really matter what the issue was. It cannot and should not be left to injure. Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals. George Herbert, an early 17th-century poet, wrote these lines: ‘He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven, for everyone has need of forgiveness.'''
- Thomas S. Monson

From the Kitchen:

Triple Chocolate Banana Bread



Ingredients

  • 1½ cups flour
  • ½ cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ cup butter
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 small bananas, mashed (approx. 1⅓ cups)
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
Topping
  • ¼ cup half & half
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 6 tablespoons chocolate chips

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
  2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
  3. Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Stir in eggs and bananas. Add banana mixture and chocolate chips to flour mixture. Stir just until combined.
  4. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Topping
  1. Heat half & half and brown sugar over medium heat until brown sugar has dissolved and tiny bubbles start to form on the edges. Stir in vanilla and butter until melted and turn off heat. Add chocolate chips and do not stir, let sit 2-3 minutes.
  2. Whisk chocolate chips until smooth. Cool completely and drizzle over bread.

From the Schmidt's:
It's been a rough start to a new week for us.  Saturday night and most of Sunday Kyle and I spent time running back and forth to Home Depot and Walmart because we (I mean Kyle) were trying to fix a toilet that stopped working all of a sudden.  As it turns out, Kyle ended up lifting up the entire toilet and redoing the wax ring between the toilet and the floor.  Not fun!  Especially for two people that have NEVER done that before.  Thankfully with the help of Kevin talking Kyle through it, he got it done.!  Go Kyle!

Kevin tried plunging the toilet on Saturday but it wouldn't drain.  By Sunday morning Kevin was hurting pretty bad.  I knew he was needing to stay in bed when I asked him if he wanted to go to church Sunday and he said he would try.  Kevin never says that.  It's usually Yes or No.  Nothing in between.  So, I knew he was just telling me what I wanted to hear.  As it turns out, it was a good thing we stayed home.  We needed to get the bathroom situation taken care of.

Sunday night I cut out a banner for a friend at work.  Her birthday was Monday and I was going to decorate her office area.  BUT, I woke up sick Monday morning.  I thought it was just a bug, but the right side of my belly was hurting too.  I thought I just had indigestion or something until it kept happening.  It really got to hurting late last night and again this morning.  For a bit there I thought I was going to have to have Kyle take me in.  It was hurting, I was hot, and I could not get the pain to go away for a while.  Once the pain finally wore off, I was super tired and slept for a long time, which was really weird since I got a good nights sleep last night.  I wish I knew what this could be.  No, it's not my appendix or my gallbladder.  Both have been removed.  So, who knows what it could be?  I do know that if it keeps up like this I will be into the doctor for tests.  Arg!  

Needless to say, we are going to give work a try again tomorrow.  
Wish me luck!  Take care friends, and we will talk again soon.
From the Missionary:

Nothing from our Missionary today.  More later in the week. 

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...