Sunday, October 4, 2015

Random Questions....

Let's do something we haven't done in a while.
A Few Random Questions!!!
Here goes...

1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile? 

1) My oldest daugther's birthday.  I love all of my 
children's birthdays!
2) Our Nephew's Wedding.  I'm excited for him!  
3) My High School friend, Tammy's birthday.  
4) Our ward trunk or treat party.  I love seeing all the kids dressed up for Halloween.  {a loud chuckle}

2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why? 


It would definitely be music!  I have always enjoyed music of all kinds and generally have it playing in my car anytime I get in the car.  I usually play whatever I find as I flip through the stations on the radio, but once in a while I plug in a CD or two and listen to it over and over again.  I love 80's music along with some of the current stuff, emphasis on the word some.  I also like country music, but only sparingly.  I have to laugh when I say that because my husband believes that as soon as someone starts drinking diet soda their taste in music shifts to country as well.  My taste in music hasn't shifted at all over the past few years that I have drank diet soda.  I still like all music equally.  I really enjoy to listen to groups like Vocal Point too.  What does that say about my soda drinking habits?  {smile, smile}
 
3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search? 

That there is a whole new world to explore when you are trying to eat a low carb diet these days.  Love that!!!  
We watched LDS General Conference on the Mormon Channel.  I am so glad we didn't turn it off once conference was over.  If we would have we would have missed the Press Conference with the three new Apostles.  I sat watching, with tears streaming down my face.  Their answers to ALL of the questions fired at them by the press were awesome!  I was particularly impressed with Elder Dale G. Renlund.  His comments were so humble and so exact.  I couldn't help but feel the spirit bear witness to me that all three of these men were indeed called of God!  
 
4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe. 

Humm.....We fluctuate from Won Tons with a sweet and sour sauce, to chips and dips, or deli type sandwiches.  Anything we can grab and munch while the game is on.  At least for the BIG games.  For all the "in-between" games, it's dinner as usual.  

5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine? 

1 - wake up between 4:45 and 5:00 a.m.
2- let the dog out.
3 - jump in the shower.
4 - get dressed, read scriptures (even if it's just one verse), then have my morning prayer.
5 - finish getting ready and wake Lexi up before I leave the house.

6. What small thing have you taken note of today? 


Last night I woke up around 3:00 a.m. to the sound of Kevin coming out in his wheelchair.  He was talking and saying something, but I wasn't paying attention.  All I could think of was to get myself out of the bathroom and back to bed, but Kevin had other ideas, and I didn't even hear him ask me to help him get a drink.  Next thing I knew he was half in the wheelchair and half on the floor.  I felt so bad.  I should have realized that if he was up at that time of the morning, it had to be important.  I should have listened better.  Needless to say, this morning I apologized to him.  That man!  I love him because he loves me even when I'm not paying attention.  That goodness Kyle was here to scoop his father up off the floor and back into his wheelchair.  

7. Sum up your September in seven words or less. 


Very busy and a lot of excitement!  
 
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Last night my Dad sent me a text to tell me he had a copy of the new Cinderella movie for me to pick up the next time I came over.  How cool is that?  Thanks Dad!  My Dad had a birthday last week.  I need to get over there to wish him Happy Birthday.  Happy Birthday Dad!  

Image result for happy birthday quotes
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...