Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I never dreamed that would happen!!!

Two (ACTUALLY THREE) Things I am Grateful For:

1) A good Bishop who checks up on us from time to time and helps out more than you will ever know.  Thank you for all you do.  That includes all his counselors, our home teachers, and our Relief Society and Priesthood do under the direction of our Bishop.  We are so grateful.  We love you all.  

2) Parents who instinctively know when I need their help.  We were running low on SRP and gas was going to be an issue at the end of this week.  You see, I still have about a week before payday.  In fact, tomorrow we would have been without power by the afternoon.  (not good!)  So, I called my Mom and Dad.  My Mom said she had a feeling we needed something.  She said she had that feeling all day today.  She said she even mentioned it to my Dad.  Well, she was absolutely right.  My Mom came to the rescue and filled up my gas tank and gave us what we needed for SRP and a couple extra bucks to make it until payday.  This is not the first time they have done this and so much more, and I try not to ask very often.  Thank goodness they are there to help during times like this.  I love you Mom and Dad.
AND....I have the copy of the new Cinderella movie too!  
Thanks Dad!

3) Even though the topic says TWO things I am grateful for, I couldn't go without mentioning the help of my Mother-in-law.  She has done a lot for us too.  Some things she has asked that we not share with others, or at least she said that in the beginning...
"don't tell anyone.".  We couldn't do it without her help either.  Thank you.  We love you Vera.

From the Camera:

Tomorrow is this girls 27th birthday!!!  
Woo Hoo!!

Happy Birthday Danielle.
We hope all your birthday dreams come true.

Time flies.  Kids grow up so fast.

From the Craft Room and Other Things:

How To Take An Old Sweater And Turn It Into A Cute Beanie Hat


From the Heart and Spirit:

From the Kitchen:


PISTACHIO LUSH

INGREDIENTS
  • Crust:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter (cut up)
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • Cheese Layer:
  • 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 cup whipped topping
  • Pistachio Layer:
  • 2 pkgs instant pistachio pudding
  • 3 cups milk
  • Topping:
  • 2 cups whipped topping
  • ½ cup toasted almonds (optional, but recommended)

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. In a large bowl, add the flour and the cut up butter. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture looks like small peas.
  3. Stir in the walnuts
  4. Press into a 13 x 9-inch pan.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven and cool completely
  7. Beat cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and the 1 cup of whipped topping until the mixture is smooth and silky.
  8. Spread this across the cooled crust in the pan.
  9. Prepare pistachio pudding by whisking it into the milk--whisking for 1-2 minutes until the pudding begins to thicken.
  10. Spread the pudding on top of the cheese layer.
  11. Chill for about 2-3 hours
  12. Top with the 2 cups of whipped topping and sprinkle with toasted almonds (if using)

From the Schmidt's:

Let's start with a few random questions.....

1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?


Well, as a matter of fact, I do like pumpkins!  If I could, I would have pumpkins all over the place.  I still need to dig out the Halloween decorations, but that will happen eventually.  I'm not in a big rush this year for some reason.  I need the weather to cool off before I dig those out.  It just doesn't feel right without cooler weather so until then....

2.  "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld  

What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
I was thinking about this very thing a few months back.  Life has made me realize this time and time again.  If you would have told me 5 years ago that we would be going through all that we are now going through, I would have said there is absolutely no way we could possibly get through this.  Little did I know how wrong that statement was.  I know that if I would have known then what would happen I would have totally freaked out.  I don't call that a lack of will,  but fear!  Thanks to the help and insight from some pretty amazing people, I know that nothing is impossible if you trust in the Lord and exercise faith.  


3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?

Saguaro blossom is the State Flower of Arizona.  I would prefer something like a tulip or something.  BUT, tulips do not grow well here in the desert.  

4. What have you lost interest in recently?


There are so many things, where do I begin???......
I have lost interest in decorating for every holiday.  I remember a few years back, I was all about that.  In fact, as soon as the first day of a month came around I was out there decorating our front porch and house.  These days, I just don't have time for it.  I wonder why that is??  LOL!  
I could list several other things, but we will leave it at that.  

5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?

Oh, that is a tough one.  There are so many different musicians and types of music that I like to choose just one.  Sorry to be so undecided.  

6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?

S'mores are always best by a campfire.  But, YES, we have made them at home in our kitchen.  My kids love stuff like that and they would never let a campfire slow them down from roasting a marshmallow, if you know what I mean???

7. Your favorite small town? Why?

This may surprise you....
I would say El Paso, Texas, even though it's not very small.
We lived there for 18 months and the people there are so friendly.
I could go to the grocery store and would find myself holding a lengthy conversation with complete stranger about nothing.  They were just so nice!
I would also say the LDS members are very good at welcoming and including everyone there.
They knew how to fellowship quite well.  They could teach a few of us here in Mesa a few things about that.  They were awesome!  

8. Insert your own random thought
 here. 

When I got to work this morning everyone was congratulating me.  Apparently I won an aware!  HA!  I was so excited. I even got a certificate and everything!  I was awarded time off with pay.  How cool is that?  Love it!!!   You can NEVER go wrong with paid time off.  I'll use it in the next few months.  Yea me!!!

After I sat down and started working a headache came on.  If you remember, I rarely get headaches so I knew it was stress causing this one.  So, I took two Advil and went for a little break.  That helped a little.  I was able to get off the phones for some training which gave me the chance to let the Advil work.  By the time lunch rolled around the tension was much better and I felt like I could actually concentrate again.  Thank goodness.  Which really meant,.....put on your glasses Sondra!  I tried to wear them, but the light above my desk is out and now I see a glare whenever I put on the glasses...which hurts my head more.  Arg!  The light is out and my co-worker gets migraines because of the florescent lights, so I try to get by without the bright lights.  Obviously, it's not working for me.  I will have to try and adjust my screen or something to make it work.  I'll work on that tomorrow.

We also had a team meeting today.  I learned a LOT in the short little presentation one of my co-workers shared about identity theft.  A few co-worker went to this whole seminar on the subject and gave us some good tips.  One was to keep your phone password protected and change all online passwords to all sites you visit often.  AND don't make your passwords easy to figure out.  For example:  abc123.  Make it something not so obvious.  Also do not use the same password for multiple sites.  They also advised that if you become the victim of identity theft to contact all three credit bureaus to have your credit reports frozen.  You can do this every 6 months and if you do this, anytime someone tries to get credit in your name the bureaus will reach out to you to confirm the requests.  How cool is that?  One of my co-workers have had theirs frozen for years now.  They also mentioned that if you were a victim of identity theft in the past, then it will most likely happen to you again because businesses sell their information every two years making your information vulnerable again and again.  The other thing they mentioned was that the presenter for the seminar was a victim of identity theft.  He said it was his best friend that did it.  So, be careful who you trust with your information.  These are just a few tips I learned.  Now I want to take the seminar.  It sounded really good.  

Well, it' getting late and I have to get some clothes ready for tomorrow.  It's a fancy pants day for me.  Translation:  We have to dress up because clients are coming into the office.  This happens all the time.  I'm just glad I work at a place that let's us wear jeans on the other days.  Makes me a happy camper!  

Take care my friends, and we will talk soon.

From the Missionary:

Hey Everyone,

How's it going?  Everything here is going good.  My roommates and I are getting along really well.  It's so much fun.  It's a party at night.  This week we taught a new investigator about the restoration and he was so excited.  He is from Haiti and very religious.  So we will see how it goes when he reads the Book of Mormon.  So, this P-day should be fun.  Elder Holtom and Elder Snow are coming up to Norwalk with us and we are gonna hang out.  It's gonna be so much fun.  It's a party today.  How are all of you guys doing?


Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:










Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...