Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A day in the life of.....


For Today...
 it's Tuesday and I planned to get a whole lot of things done today.  I do much better with a plan for the day.  Things seems to get done when I have a list to mark things off of as I go.  Tonight I am looking forward to tomorrow.  We should be hearing from Curtis again and frankly, I can't wait.  I love hearing from him.  ~chuckle~
 
Outside my window...
 
the sun has been overshadowed by dark clouds and a little rain.  As I was coming home from work today the sun was just beginning to shine through a cloud or two. Clouds are a nice change.  We would love to have the clouds come and the rain too.  These are days we wish we could stay home, open all the doors and windows so we can feel the cool breeze while we watch the rain.  It's a bit of a novelty for us here.  Sure, we love the sun, but we are always thrilled when we receive rain too ~it works~

I am thinking...
 
that by this time next year our little family could change for the better.  We could be welcoming a new member or two into the family.  Time will tell.
 
I am thankful...
 
for my good health thus far.  I have lived long enough to see how quickly our health can be taken from us or comprised to such an extent that it causes major life adjustments. Aging generally brings health issues that few escape, so every day that I am  healthy is a huge blessing.  
  
I am wearing...
 
A t-shirt and my navy dress pants that I wore to work.  After a long day at work, I just want something comfortable to wear.  Cuteness matters most days, but not so much today. ~just keeping it real~
 
I am creating...
 
Not much lately.  I finished my cross-stitch for my desk at work and after working on Lexi's dress for homecoming, my list of projects is a little slim.  I do have a chalkboard at the house that could use a little help, but I'll get to that.  Right now all I want to do is get my house organized.  That's my priority.
 
I am going...

 no where in particular but am ready to go somewhere in particular for sure.  I would LOVE to do some traveling.  I don't even need to go very far away.  Just some place cooler, would be nice.

I am wondering....
 
if Christ came to earth today, would the streets be lined and the crowds formed as they were for the Pope's visit.~just wondering~
 
I am hoping...
 
Kevin will be able to get back to his normal therapy sessions soon.  He has me a little worried.  More like scared to death most days whenever he falls.  Yikes!
 
I am learning...
 
over and over again that things are just not always as they may seem.  There's just so many hurts behind smiles. It's all the more reason that we need to reach out to each and every soul we come in contact with.  They may well be fighting a battle behind that pretty smile.

In my kitchen...
 
We made tacos again.  That seems to be our standard a lot of the time.  Thank goodness my picky eaters at least like those.  I suggested that I make chili and the kids turned up their noses at me.   Then I suggested spaghetti and they about lost it right in front of me.  My entire family has NEVER been a spaghetti family.  In fact, they avoid that and lasagna at all costs these days.  But if you offer to make homemade Mac N Cheese, they are thrilled to death. ~ wink~
 
A favorite quote for today...
 
This was shared by someone at work the other day and we all laughed...
Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug.
Funny, funny.
 
A peek into one of my days...
 
My days are usually the same when I work. But, after work things vary.  Some days I don't get out of the car until after 7 or 8 at night, and some days I come home and immediately take a nap.  Needless to say, I am never bored!
  
One of my favorite things...
  
Is dreaming about building our own home.  I would love to be able to do that some day. 
 
A picture worth sharing...

One of our local news affiliates reported that funnel clouds were popping up around the valley today with our storm.  This is the ones spotted in Buckeye today.  
Image for the news result

Hope you have a great day!  Take care and we will talk again soon.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...