Thursday, September 10, 2015

TBT!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The gift of the Holy Ghost in my life.
2) Gait belts.  Yesterday Kevin and I were home alone and he fell out of bed.  He and I tried and tried to get him back into bed.  It wasn't until I remembered his gait belt and watched a quick online video that we actually had a clue of how to get him up.  Thank goodness for his gait belt, my strength and Kevin's upper body strength.  All helped him up to a sitting position in his wheelchair and then back to bed.  It took us at least 20 minutes, but we did it!  Poor Kevin.  Yesterday was not his day.  There is more, but Kevin will not let me share that.

From the Camera:

Our Christmas Scavenger Hunt!  Fun Memories.

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

I found some fun things to do with a few candies, beads, and an oven....


Or you could cut out candy shapes with some cookie cutters too!



From the Heart and Spirit:
The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create.  That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come.  Sisters, trust and rely on the Spirit.  As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.

- Dieter F. Uchtdorf
From the Kitchen:
From the Schmidt's:
This has been quite the day!  Lexi was asked to the Homecoming Dance by another young man today.  She stayed home sick from school, and I guess during Seminary someone left their request for Lexi to go to the dance with them.  She will see it tomorrow.  We feel back that she will have to turn this second young man down since she is already going with someone else.  That's the hard part.

Yesterday I received a big kudos from one of my business partners.  It actually was incredible!  To be honest, I was thrown into a situation with an extremely upset advisor, and made to clean up someone else's mess.  It's no fun when someone gives out wrong information and then leaves the mess for someone else to fix.  It was for a very important client with about 85 million with our firm.  So, the stakes were very high and he advisor needed honest answers, even if it did send him into a swearing fit, and all the help he could get.  

Here is the kudos I received from my business partner.  

Sondra,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time with me and my Advisor today to go over somewhat of a complex situation on a transfer request.  Your support and expertise in the transfer process has been absolutely a great help.

Your team is lucky to have such a great role model and asset to the team.  You amazed my with your knowledge, confidence, and professionalism in the way you conveyed the information to my Advisor.

Kudos, for a job well done!  Can't thank you enough for all your hard work and help that you have provided to me now and in the past.  

This, of course, made my day!  
Sure, I get kudos all the time, but this one means a lot, simply because of the complexity of the matter at hand.
Truth be told, I saved this guys butt by clearing things up for his advisor. Thankfully, the advisor was grateful for the information and my honesty, even if it wasn't what he wanted to hear, and he thanked me for my help.  

So, on to some not so good information.

Over the past several weeks our valley freeways have experienced a serial shooter.  Random people have had shots fired at their vehicles as they travel down our valley freeways.  11 victims have been confirmed to date.  The 12th one is still being investigated, so that number could increase.  One of the shootings today took place about 5 minutes from my home.  Many employers have sent out messages to their employees telling them to avoid the valley freeways until further notice.  I drive those freeways to and from work each day.  Thankfully the freeways I tend to use have not yet been a part of this, but it still gives me cause for concern.
Read below...


It's been a busy day.  My eyes are killing me and I still have a load of laundry to get done tonight, so I must be going.  Take care my friends.

From the Missionary:

Hey Everyone!!,

How's everything?  This week has been a pretty boring one, but transfers are coming.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting transferred somewhere.  It feel like I have been here forever.  It's fun here, but still I need to go somewhere.  Right now I'm sitting in a Starbucks in Manhattan.  We probably aren't gonna do anything today at least I hope.  I'm tired today.  Oh yeah, I didn't get any mail yesterday for my birthday.  Everyone was like, I'm sorry, but it was so fine because I know that you guys were saying it's coming.  I wasn't worried.  Anyways, I gotta go.  I will talk to you guys later. 

Love, 

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Mom, There was a wedding at our chapel or a reception so I took some pictures for ya cuz I know you like this stuff.




Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...