Sunday, September 20, 2015

Out of No Where!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Trials.  Believe it or not.  Trials!  I have learned a lot over the past few years about myself, my husband, my children, my faith, extended family, and friends.  This never would have happened in the way that it has without the trials we have gone through.


2)  My marriage to my husband.  I have said this time and time again, I love that man.  I knew there was something special about him from the very moment I met him, and that is s still true today.  He is amazing!!

From the Camera:

This is what happens when she snags my phone.  Silly girl.  This is also what happens when she leaves said photos in my pictures.  I post them.  Ha!  I love this girlie!  

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

I am fascinated by Mixed Media Art.  I'm sure I could really get into it.  That is, if I had more time on my hands to create and make what looks like a big mess too.  

So what is Mixed Media?

Here is the definition I found....

 Mixed media art, which is loosely defined as any work of art that uses more than one medium, solves this issue. This guide is designed to take readers through the different aspects and possibilities of mixed media art for the purpose of both collection and creation

Check out a select few of the pieces I like.  I love the news print works in the first one.  This reminds me of scrap booking and arts and crafts in Elementary School.  Love it!  It's fun.  It's unique.  It's totally random.  




From the Heart and Spirit:

We are reminded that “anger doesn’t solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything.” 3 The consequences of conflict are so devastating that we yearn for guidance—even a way to ensure our success as we seek the path to peace. What is the way to obtain such a universal blessing? Are there prerequisites? Let us remember that to obtain God’s blessings, one must do God’s bidding. May I suggest three ideas to prompt our thinking and guide our footsteps:
  1. Search inward;
  2. Reach outward
  3. Look heavenward

BY: Thomas S. Monson, Finding Peace, Ensign Magazine, March 2004
From the Kitchen:

I think this is what we are making for dinner tonight!
This will a vegetable and something like Au gratin potatoes sounds great!  What do you think??

Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts -thin
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a casserole dish with tin foil this will help with the clean up afterwards lightly grease it.
2. In small saute pan, saute garlic with the oil until tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar & a teaspoon of salt
4. Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with 3/4 of the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Within the last 10 minutes before removing it out of the oven put your cheese on top then put the remaining brown sugar and garlic mixture on top of the cheese and let bake 10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.

From the Schmidt's:

Today has been a day of out of 
 no where questions
and 
out of no where answers too.

This morning at around 4 a.m. Kevin came out to the couch where I have been sleeping for several weeks now, to ask me
 if I wanted out of this relationship and if I still loved him?

I have to say, that about knocked me off of the couch!
Because,  I have felt that my actions should speak for themselves, and that if I wanted out, I would get out.  The only answer to that question is flat out NO!!!  I love my husband!

I got married in the Temple.  Made covenants with my Heavenly Father and my husband.  Covenants that I do not take lightly. 

 Covenants to remain together not until we die, but for FOREVER! Those covenants mean everything to me! 

 Sure, the road has certainly NOT been easy, but nothing worth having ever is.

I hate it when my husband doubts and asks questions like this.  

I worry about him and then I wonder about what I could do better at to help reassure him.  

The one thing that comes to mind is that I need to give him more of my time.  More time to talk.  More time to discuss things. 

 I will admit, it's been hard to do that lately,
 simply because I am being pulled in many different directions.

  I also think my husband thinks I am talking down to him sometimes.  Sometimes I am.
Simply because he isn't completely with it.  I don't know if it's the schedule that he is keeping or what, but something isn't right!

  He is scaring me!

 I do not talk down to him intentionally to hurt him. 
 I talk down because usually he has fallen asleep in the middle of our conversations or forgotten what day it is,
 and he worries me. 

 Thank goodness he has an appointment tomorrow with the doctor from Barrow's Neuro Rehab Center. 
 They have to help him stretch out the time between his catheterizations.
  Then if they can do something to taper off the medication more, that would be awesome!  They already did that before he left the hospital, which is wonderful...we need this appointment!  I just wish I could go with him. 
 Thank goodness both of my older children will be able to go and can talk to the doctor for me.

That being said.  Back to his question...
I made it a point to ask Kevin if I were in the same situation he was in right now, would he stick around? 
 His answer was, exactly what I expected...that he would.

 Then I asked him why he would do the same and he said, "because I love you". 
 To which I made sure he knew that that is exactly why I would never leave him. 
 I told him he does not EVER need to doubt that.
  I'll say it again....I love that man! I will never leave him!
I covenanted for the FOREVER.  That never meant only during the good times.  That meant through EVERYTHING!  
That meant right now.

AND besides, I am not a someone who quits...ANYTHING!!!
{as tears stream down my face}

The words of Esther come to my mind as I type this...

"Who knowest whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this??"  (Esther 4:14)

Needless to say, after being asked such a question, I felt awful!  It's time to reevaluate and change a few things for sure.  

 After this, I somehow drifted back to sleep only to be
woke up again by my son to go and help with my husbands feet. 
They were bleeding and needed to be cleaned up, some ointment applied, and a clean bandage, and new socks put on his feet.

 He fell a while back, and now he has a couple open sores on the bottoms of his feet that needed attention. 

I didn't do such a good job at bandaging up his feet because I was still not awake yet.  I need to find some kind of booty to put on his feet whenever he is in bed.  Something other than those socks with the no slip grip.  Those socks are great, but hard to get on sometimes

   I never dreamed his feet could be such an issue, but it looks like they are.  I'm still learning as we go.  Kevin is too.
I guess we all are.

The out of nowhere answer came to me as I was in the car this afternoon. 

 We were just about out of SRP and I had no choice but to head over to refill our card. 
 I know it's Sunday, but I had no choice. 
 $2.00 was never going to carry us into Monday.  
I know I should have double checked the balance last night, but I got sidetracked.  

I decided to go to a different location to refill my SRP card. 
 A place I don't normally go to, but decided to do this since my hair was a mess and I didn't have any make-up on.  
(I have permanent dark circles under my eyes with out make-up.  I side effect from the thyroid issue I have, along with several others that we won't mention.) 
This location has the SRP kiosk right by the front door so I can get in and get out without showing off my messy hair and bare face.

 As I was driving to this place, I received an answer to a question I have been praying for answers about for at least 28 years.  
I kid you not! 
28 YEARS!!!
 It's interesting to me when answers come out of the clear blue sky, in the form of a still small voice, when you least expect it. 

 I thought about the answer that came and then as I was driving I said a silent prayer. 
I inquired of the Lord to know if my answer was right, and the answer came that it was.
  Then I asked if there was more that I needed to know, and I have yet to receive that answer.  

My question, you ask?  Well, it has to do with relationships.  

By the time I arrived at the place with the SRP kiosk I was holding back tears.  I pulled it together and got out of the car.

After loading my SRP card, I quickly got back to my car and was headed home.  

The magnitude of my answer began to hit and tears began streaming down my face for the second time today.

When I got home, and after plugging in my SRP card, I  told Kevin about what happened.

We  talked about a few things and 
 I received my final answer about needing to know more, 
through the words Kevin had to say.

You see, my husband has been instrumental in reuniting family members after a big conflicts,  but there never seems to be the same kind of reciprocation made for him when he needs the same kind of help. 

 When I asked him if that bothered him, he said, I am done with all of that.  I could tell that this was not the outcome Kevin 
was happy with, or wanted.  Frankly, I didn't either.

He doesn't want .... "to be done with that"
 I can assure you, that he certainly does not.  

But, in Kevin's words, he cannot allow himself to go there anymore, because it hurts too much. 
 {tears again}

I love that man!  Here is a man trying his best to deal with his recent life changing situation all on his own without the love and support of those he has helped in the past, loves and cares for.

Talk about kicking a man when he was down at time when hope, love, and support should a given!!!

 Sure, we had to limit visitors. 
 We still do.  

That wasn't because we don't want to see people!
 
That was because the hospital stated they only wanted certain people around, especially during those first couple weeks.  

The hospital was prepared to kick people out that were not suppose to be there and we didn't want to see that happen. 
 Who wants to see that happen to the people they care about??
 No one!!!
Hence, the reason for Kevin explaining this in detail to everyone to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Not to exclude anyone.

Then when Kevin got home,...
he doesn't have the strength for constant visitors. 

 PLUS, he has round the clock bowel and bladder care he has to take care of.  Every 4 hours.  
This is a HUGE learning process for Kevin and for the rest of the family.
Everything Kevin does centers around every 4 hours right now.

Sometimes accidents happen.
 He barely wants me, his wife, around during this...much less extended family members and friends. 
 Especially after he has had an accident.
 
 It's called dignity. 
 He wants to keep what little speck of dignity he still has,
and we are going to do everything we can to make sure he can.

I'm rambling.  Enough about this right now....


Lexi had her first date last night!!!
It was a long one too.
She left the house at 3:30 p.m. and was gone until at least
10:30 p.m.  It was a 7 hour date!  LOL!

She was out with our old Bishop's son and the group she will be going to Homecoming with.  They did this huge group date and played "The Amazing Race".  
I guess parents of all the young men were involved with clues and everything.  
It sounded like she had a lot of fun.
Frankly, this was an awesome first date for her!

She went with an awesome young man and did something fun too.
What a memory, right???!!!!

Love it!!

It's been quite a Sunday for us today.
I feel like it should be at least 10 p.m. by now.
Time to get dinner taken care of and a few other things too.

Take care my friends.  Hope you have an awesome week.  
From the Missionary:

Nothing from our Missionary today.  Soon.  Keep watching.

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...