Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Heart if Full

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The sense of protection my Heavenly Father has provided during some difficult months.

2) My therapist!  She rocks!!  She helps me through so much and she helps me to remember just how incredibly blessed I am!  I'm sad to admit this, but she helped me to realize just how much my husband has tried to protect me from certain things over the years through some of the choices he has made.  I use to think it was to keep me out of the loop, when in fact, it was to keep me away from the line of fire.  I love that man!  I owe him an apology and a great big hug and kiss for all he does for me.  

From the Camera:

I mentioned that I was sick on Monday and Tuesday, right?

Well, yesterday afternoon I actually felt a little better and was all set to get back to my normal routine, but my sickness had other plans.  I broke out in a rash all over.  My eyebrows puffed up.  My back was covered.  My neck.  My scalp.  My hands and feet swelled up.  It wasn't good.  I tried to get into my doctor's office, but they didn't have any openings with the doctor I prefer to see, so I went to Urgent Care.  They are right by my house and they are always quick, especially since I was sick to my stomach again.  This way I didn't have far to travel.  When the doctor saw he and my lovely rash he said it wasn't uncommon to experience a rash right after some kind of virus.  In fact, he said it was part of the virus.  Even so,  I couldn't go to work looking like I had some kind of plague, if you know what I mean.  Not good.  I'm just glad the doctor gave me medicine that started working right away and seems to be doing the trick, and I'm not sick to my stomach as much now.  


From the Craft Room:

This website is pretty cool.  Check out this..
How To Clean (Almost) Anything And Everything
here is the web address:

http://bit.ly/clean-almost-anything-and-everything

From the Heart and Spirit:

Portions of a talk given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland called, 
"The Ministry of Angels"
October 2008 LDS General Conference

When Adam and Eve willingly stepped into mortality, they knew this telestial world would contain thorns and thistles and troubles of every kind. Perhaps their most challenging realization, however, was not the hardship and danger they would endure but the fact that they would now be distanced from God, separated from Him with whom they had walked and talked, who had given them face-to-face counsel. After this conscious choice, as the record of creation says, “they saw him not; for they were shut out from his presence.” 1 Amidst all else that must have troubled them, surely this must have troubled them the most.
But God knew the challenges they would face, and He certainly knew how lonely and troubled they would sometimes feel. So He watched over His mortal family constantly, heard their prayers always, and sent prophets (and later apostles) to teach, counsel, and guide them. But in times of special need, He sent angels, divine messengers, to bless His children, reassure them that heaven was always very close and that His help was always very near. Indeed, shortly after Adam and Eve found themselves in the lone and dreary world, an angel appeared unto them, 2 who taught them the meaning of their sacrifice and the atoning role of the promised Redeemer who was to come.
When the time for this Savior’s advent was at hand, an angel was sent to announce to Mary that she was to be the mother of the Son of God. 3 Then a host of angels was commissioned to sing on the night the baby Jesus was born. 4 Shortly thereafter an angel would announce to Joseph that the newborn baby was in danger and that this little family must flee to Egypt for safety. 5 When it was safe to return, an angel conveyed that information to the family and the three returned to the land of their heritage. 6
From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children. Time in this setting does not allow even a cursory examination of the scriptures or our own latter-day history, which are so filled with accounts of angels ministering to those on earth, but it is rich doctrine and rich history indeed.
Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near. Sometimes their assignments are very grand and have significance for the whole world. Sometimes the messages are more private. Occasionally the angelic purpose is to warn. But most often it is to comfort, to provide some form of merciful attention, guidance in difficult times. When in Lehi’s dream he found himself in a frightening place, “a dark and dreary waste,” as he described it, he was met by an angel, “a man … dressed in a white robe; … he spake unto me,” Lehi said, “and bade me follow him.” 7Lehi did follow him to safety and ultimately to the path of salvation.
In the course of life all of us spend time in “dark and dreary” places, wildernesses, circumstances of sorrow or fear or discouragement. Our present day is filled with global distress over financial crises, energy problems, terrorist attacks, and natural calamities. These translate into individual and family concerns not only about homes in which to live and food available to eat but also about the ultimate safety and well-being of our children and the latter-day prophecies about our planet. More serious than these—and sometimes related to them—are matters of ethical, moral, and spiritual decay seen in populations large and small, at home and abroad. But I testify that angels are still sent to help us, even as they were sent to help Adam and Eve, to help the prophets, and indeed to help the Savior of the world Himself. Matthew records in his gospel that after Satan had tempted Christ in the wilderness “angels came and ministered unto him.” 8 Even the Son of God, a God Himself, had need for heavenly comfort during His sojourn in mortality. And so such ministrations will be to the righteous until the end of time. As Mormon said to his son Moroni, who would one day be an angel:
“Has the day of miracles ceased?
“Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?
“Behold I say unto you, Nay; for … it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men. …
“For behold, they are subject unto [Christ], to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.
I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled with faith, and remember the Lord has said He “would fight [our] battles, [our] children’s battles, and [the battles of our] children’s children.” 10And what do we do to merit such a defense? We are to “search diligently, pray always, and be believing[. Then] all things shall work together for [our] good, if [we] walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.” 11 The latter days are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing and remember our covenants.......

.........I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind. 

My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “[N]or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child] upon the face thereof to be saved.” 13 On occasions, global or personal, we may feel we are distanced from God, shut out from heaven, lost, alone in dark and dreary places. Often enough that distress can be of our own making, but even then the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal.
May we all believe more readily in, and have more gratitude for, the Lord’s promise as contained in one of President Monson’s favorite scriptures: “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, … my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” 14 In the process of praying for those angels to attend us, may we all try to be a little more angelic ourselves—with a kind word, a strong arm, a declaration of faith and “the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.” 15 Perhaps then we can be emissaries sent from God when someone, perhaps a Primary child, is crying, “Darkness … afraid … river … alone.” To this end I pray in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.
From the Kitchen:



Black Forest Ham and Cheese and Apple Butter Paninis
 
black forest ham
smoked cheddar cheese (or for my Bucket, I used Havarti- a bit milder)
apple butter (the secret ingredient!!!!)
good bread... sourdough,  honey wheat, etc.


Butter the outside of two slices of bread for each sandwich and spread the insides of both pieces with apple butter. Then pile on the ham and cheese. Put sandwich together. Grill on griddle or in a Panini maker. The apple butter is such a delightful surprise!

From the Schmidt's:

Have you ever felt like someone was watching out for you?  Like you had a guardian angel protecting you?  

For the past several months I have.

In fact, over the last 6-7 months I never would have made it through without the help, guidance, and protection I have received.  I honestly do not know how we managed to get through all of this without falling completely apart.  

Several times I have been asked how I was able to get through all of this, and some of you marveled at how well I kept it together.  To be frank, that all came from those administering angels that rallied around us on the other side of the veil as well as right here in our own neighborhood that are still with us.

I do feel a sense that something has changed since Kevin has come home from the hospital.  There is a little bit of a "let down", if you will, when those that have rallied around me have finished the work they were sent to my side to do.  

I'm not sure I am ready for them to leave.

They have helped me through so much.

The other day as I was searching for the perfect picture frame to put my cross stitch in I found this little quote...

"My Hands Are the Lord's Hands"
Without me, how can His work be done?
I will reach where He would reach.
Loving kindness in my touch:
I'll be His healing hands to everyone.
By: Carol Lynn Pearson

I've thought about this quote since I found it again.  I know of a few people who have been the Lord's hands in my life.  These are the administering angels here in my neighborhood that I speak of.  They have been there through so much.  They have taking my family under their wings and made sure that we have what we need.  They have watched out for my children.
They have helped my husband through some of his hardest times.
In fact, they have instinctively known exactly when to check in with him, and I know that is only because they were listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and acting upon those promptings.

We are truly blessed by all that these administering angels here in our neighborhood, and those beyond the veil have done for us.  It is my sincere desire to be able to follow their example and hopefully be able to do the same kind of thing for someone as well.

It's interesting how life has it's twists and turns allowing us to be the one to help at times, and then allowing us to be the ones needing help too.  I marvel at how much can happen in one lifetime and I am reminded that this is proof again at just how much my Heavenly Father loves me.  That He knows me personally.  That He is a part of every single detail of my life.  And for that, I am eternally grateful.

From the Missionary:
September 16, 2015

Hey Everyone,

I have been transferred!!!!

I am going toooooo........(drum roll, please)

Darien, Connecticut!!!!

I have heard awesome things about this place.  I hear it's one of the wealthiest places in the United States and that the members feed us a ton of food, so get ready to see a much bigger me.  LOL!  I was a little worried about being transferred because I didn't want to go somewhere that I didn't know anyone, but my new companion is Elder Larkin, who was in the Bronx with me when I first got here and I will be roommates with Elder Johnson and Elder Richards who I know.  I'm actually pretty good friends with Elder Richards and my roommates are also my Zone Leaders so I will get all the juicy stories about the Zone as they are happening. ha ha.  It's going to be such a great time.  I can't wait to get there...oh yeah, I'm writing this on Monday because Elder Holtom thought it would be a good idea to clean himself out before surgery by drinking Magnesium Citrate.  

Another cool thing about Darien is that I get a free gym membership to a sports training gym called Blue Streak.  One of the Elders here said that some pretty big athletes work out there.  He said that he has worked out with Ray Rice.  Maybe that will help me keep the pounds off.  Ugh!  

This week was a tough one.  I had to say goodbye to all the members here.  It feels like I'm leaving home again.  I've grown to love the people here so much and I've made some friendships that I know will go beyond the mission.  We taught the youth class here last Sunday and I told them all after that I was getting transferred.  After class this kid named Xxxxx came up and said that Elder Holtom and I are his families favorite missionaries and that we had to go over to their house one last time, we plan to go tomorrow.

Brother Newsome, a member of our Bishopric just shook his head when I told him and said that he didn't like transfers, and that he was going to talk to President Smith about having me stay in the Bronx.  ha ha   He said that I've been here too long to be transferred and that I have become a part of the ward.  I really feel like that is true.  I feel at home here and I know that it's probably going to happen in my other areas as well, but it's just so weird to me.  It's going to be weird to be in a ward that functions properly and that I'm not going to have to walk into a church building and find a crazy person in there that cusses us out, that I have to kick out of the building.  I just love the Bronx and being in the city, but I know that there are other people that I need to meet and to teach as well as other areas that need me.  

Gosh, I'm sorry if none of this makes sense.  How are all of you guys doing?  Is the weather starting to cool down there?  It is here.  (Mom, I will be in the forest, so I will send you pictures of the fall colors.)  It only got to 75 today and tomorrow should be lower.  Any fun things going on?  I'm at my new apartment.  It's actually a house with two bathrooms.  We have a lost upstairs where we all sleep, and we have study rooms downstairs.  This transfer should be a fun one.  We have dinner appointments set up forever.  It is going to be bad for my waistline though.  Anyways, I have to go get packed, but I will talk to you later.  

PS:  Some stuff should be getting to me soon.  Our roommates said a TON of mail is there for me.  Thank you so much.  I love you guys!  :)

Quote of the Day:
God never leaves us alone, 
never leaves us unaided 
in the challenges that we face.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...