Tuesday, September 8, 2015

it's time!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Long holiday weekends that allow me to spend more time with my family.

2)  Good friends!  We have received several cards from lots of people expressing their love and concern as well as their excitement that Kevin is finally home.  One dear friend included a surprise in her envelope too.   She's a sweetheart who does so many nice things for us.  What a great friend!  Not because of the surprise, but for being so uplifting and encouraging every time we see her.  She brightens my day each time I see her.  Thank you!!!

From the Camera:

It's hard to believe this little guy turned 20 today.  

We love him and hope he has an wonderful day.


From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:


Size: 27”x19”materials
  • Cascade Yarns 220 Heather Yarn, skeins: Pacific (2433), five; Cherry (2426), one; Flamingo Pink (7805), one; Christmas Red Heather (9488), one; Cerise (7802), oneAbbreviations
BO = bind off
CO = cast on
k2tog = knit 2 together
kfb = knit front & back
RS = right side
ssk = slip, slip, knit
WS = wrong sideBasic Supplies
scissors, rulerTools
  • Circular needles, 36”, size US 9
  • Stitch markers, sixDirections
  • Gauge
  • 1. 4 stitches = 1” (4 cm) in garter stitch.
  • 2. Note: Hold two strands of yarn together throughout. A = Pacific; B = Cherry and Flamingo Pink together; C = Christmas Red, Heather, and Cerise together throughout.
  • Rug
  • 1. Holding two strands of color A together, CO 98 sts, placing marker after every 14 sts.
  • Setup Rows
  • 1. Setup Row 1 (WS): Knit.
  • 2. Setup Row 2 (RS): *K2tog, knit 4, kfb twice, knit 4, ssk; repeat from * across.
  • 3. Setup Row 3: Repeat Setup Row 1.
  • 4. Setup Row 4: Repeat Setup Row 2.
  • 5. Break color A; join color C.
  • 6. Setup Row 5: Repeat Setup Row 1.
  • Pattern Rows
  • 1. Row 1 (RS): *K2tog, knit 4, kfb twice, knit 4, ssk; repeat from * across.
  • 2. Row 2 (WS): Purl.
  • 3. Row 3: Repeat Row 1.
  • 4. Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
  • 5. Break color C; join color A.
  • 6. Row 5: *K2tog, knit 4, kfb twice, knit 4, ssk; repeat from * across.
  • 7. Row 6: Knit.
  • 8. Row 7: Repeat Row 5.
  • 9. Row 8: Repeat Row 6.
  • 10. Row 9: Repeat Row 5.
  • 11. Row 10: Repeat Row 6.
  • 12. Break color A; join color B.
  • 13. Rows 11–14: Repeat Rows 1–4.
  • 14. Break color B, join color A.
  • 15. Rows 15–20: Repeat Rows 5–10.
  • 16. Break color A, join color C.
  • 17. Repeat Rows 1–20 seven more times. BO loosely.
  • Finishing
  • 1. Weave in ends.
From the Heart and Spirit:


From the Kitchen:

Img_40011
Mint Chocolate Chip Bars
3/4 cup real butter, softened but not melted
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
Mix until creamy. Then add:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Sift dry ingredients together and mix.  Then mix in with the sugar mixture and add vanilla.  Add half a bag of these tasty Andes Mint Bits and roll into Jelly Roll Pan.  Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. 
From the Schmidt's:

Image result for snap out of it

First, some exciting news...

Looks like we will be making a day of it.  Danielle, Lexi, My Mom, and I are heading out to a few dress shops to start shopping for that special dress.  You know the one!  Danielle wants to start looking around here to see if she can find it.  She found the dress she absolutely LOVES but it's in a shop in Utah and the price is more than she is willing to spend for something she will only wear once.  (She's a practical girl, what can I say???)  No, we won't be travelling to Utah, if we can help it.  Unless, of course, we just can't find what she wants or anything remotely close.  We are hoping to find what Danielle is looking for right here in the valley.  It should be fun.  I can't believe the time has come to start shopping for "the dress"!  It seems like just yesterday she was a small baby in our arms.  Time flies and children grow up to fast.  We are super excited for her!  Love you girlie.  

It's time....

The last few days, I have struggled.  I've needed to just scream or kick something.  I've been irritable, cranky, hurt, and couldn't snap out if it!  So much has happened in our lives.  I've pondered and prayed and worried and wondered.  And, yesterday, I think I figured out what to do!  Finally!  Now, today, I'm on a bit of a rant, but it's a happy rant, a calm rant, an "Act not react" type rant.  I'm moving on, but first, I've got to express a few feelings that have been troubling me, in order to do so.

What started out to be one nightmare beginning to a long weekend, turned into a great one...not to say that the getting there was easy!  Without going into much detail, I received a message from someone that should have been directed at Kevin and I, but specifically was sent to me and it hurt.   

It's hard and we certainly do not need this on top of everything else we are dealing with.  In fact, this person knows a lot has fallen on my shoulders with everything that has happened.  It hasn't been easy to keep everything afloat.  After all, I am only one person doing more than my share.  BUT, I do it because I know my husband would do the same for me.  Yes, I've been stressed out lately.  Stressed out is an understatement!  I've even had a few close friends say that I've not been my normal happy self.  Since Kevin last major back surgery there's been one "issue" after another...mostly people related.  I've been emotional, tearful, even cranky.  And when I feel this way, I usually withdraw.  In fact, my withdrawal has caused all kinds of talk. I've felt negative and blue and could not put my finger on the problem.  I've felt strain in a few relationships, which has not helped the matter, but have resolved the ones that matter the most.  There has been some judgement passed about our life and choices by people...some who really matter and some who could keep their opinions to themselves and we'd all be just fine.  I've tried to keep myself busy and occupied and not said anything.  This past week, I've done some serious thinking and made some decisions that it's time to pick myself up, dust myself off, call myself better for the lessons learned and forge forward!  No more wallowing!!  I'm shifting myself back in gear, getting it back together and moving ahead!  I've come to a few conclusions and it's time to take action doing what's best for me and my family at this time.  

Here are a few things I plan to do....

1) I need exercise!  I've gained some weight back and I hate it!  I've felt like a slug because I've not been living healthily!  This week, I've given my body what it needs and I'm feeling better already, physically and emotionally!  This is a priority for my well-being!  I'm back on the healthy wagon!

2) I love my kids regardless of their choices, my love for them is unconditional, and I believe that they will become who and what they should be sometime between now and eternity.  That hope keeps me happy.  I've also reached a new point that I'll not allow others' criticism and judgement to get me down.  Simply stated, instead of judging my children, their choices, I'll ask that you say a prayer for them instead.  

3) And last, but not least....Because of some of the repercussions that I've recently felt by a handful of local readers, I've considered no longer blogging.  But, I love blogging and don't want to stop!  I blog for my own posterity, for my own sanity, for many other purposes.  Then, I debated on going private with my blog.  I've made many friends through my blog.  I don't want to go private and lose those friendships.  While I may not have time to respond to every comment or email, I cherish every word and thought through the years.  BUT, I also do not want to have to worry about everything I write or share on my blog.  Recently, I have found myself not wanting to share many things because someone might be annoyed or offended by something I've said or done, or for whatever reason.  After pondering over this for weeks, I've decided not to let this be my reason for not blogging.  So.  A simple request....If reading my blog causes you any undue stress or anger or hurt or reason for judgement, feel free to not read it.  I write not to include or exclude others.  I apologize if my blog brings you hurt feelings or resentment in any way.  It is never my intent.  My intent is to share the lessons I am learning through the roller coaster we call life and to find joy along the way.  Enough said.

And on that note....Life is good!!!
From the Missionary:

Today is Elder Schmidt's birthday!

He is 20!

Yippy!!!

Thank you to all of you that sent something to Curtis to help wish him a Happy Birthday.  We really appreciate it.

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...