Sunday, September 6, 2015

It's Sunday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  That we made it to church today, and early too.  That is a blessing especially since now it takes us a lot longer just to get dressed and ready, as well as out to and in the car and out of the car.  Being early is amazing!!

2)  My husband and children who are appreciative of all the things I do for them.  It's nice to hear their love and appreciation.  Thank you.

From the Camera:
It's been a while since we bought a "special dress" for this girl.  Sure, every dress makes her feel special, but nothing like the dress she is wearing in these photos.  I only spent $25 for her white dress.  Those were the days, let me tell you.  Now, I can't get over how much this girlie has grown up.  We started searching for a Homecoming Dress last night and I thought it would be tough to find something and be hard on my budget.  This girlie found a dress and we spent $15 on the dress.  How cool is that???  I was shocked.  She loved the dress we found AND as we were driving home from the store she said she didn't want me having to pay too much for her dress.  Her dress is beautiful and perfect for her.  The best part about the dress is that it is modest too.  AND we didn't have break the bank to purchase it.  Love it!!!  
From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

How cool is this beaded fringe necklace?: I
I think I want to make a necklace like this.  It looks time consuming, but doable.  It might take me some time, but I could get this done.  I love it.  Now, as mentioned before, I am not one to wear a lot of jewelry.  A statement piece once in a while is all.  To be honest I'm not sure where that comes from.  Not sure if it's my mother that taught me that less is more when it comes to jewelry or if it is something I picked up from work, or what.  I have been taught that your jewelry should enhance your outfit not over shadow it.  

These are the jewelry "rules" I am use to, especially for work...

Here are five jewelry tips and tricks, so you get it right each and every time:
  1. Each piece must add value to your (entire) outfit. As Coco Chanel infamously recommended, “Before leaving the house, a lady should stop, look in the mirror, and remove one piece of jewelry.” It’s great advice and still holds true. I also recommend checking to see if you need to add another piece of jewelry before you leave the house too – over-accessorizing and under-accessorizing are common jewelry errors. Just because it’s pretty or sentimental does not mean you should wear it with every outfit and just because you’re a serious professional does not mean you can’t have fun with your jewelry.
  2. Each piece must be proportional to your body frame and facial features. The trick to the success with every outfit is to control where the ‘eye’ goes. When done well, the focus remains on ‘you’ and your outfit complements this goal. Jewelry can support or divert this objective and the size of each individual piece or the overall jewelry layout plays a key role. For example, layering necklaces can divinely style an outfit as long as the net effect does not overpower you. Pay special attention to the length of your necklaces too – you do not want to truncate your neck. Have you ever seen someone wear real or faux diamond stud earrings that were so large they simply overlapped and overwhelmed the earlobe? Avoid this. When you’re talking with a client whose eyes are fixated on your earrings and away from your eyes, the odds of her or him paying attention to what you are saying decrease. A bold cuff bracelet may just be the perfect accessory to your shift dress, simply make sure the cuff width does not visually shorten the length of your arm. For more specific tips on statement jewelry read here.
  3. Each piece must complement your skin tone as well as your outfit. It’s so important to select jewelry that not only looks great with your outfit, but enhances you too. Opt for jewelry metals and gemstones that illuminate your natural skin tone. There is a wide color spectrum of various hues in gold, silver, rose gold, turquoise, amethyst, elcetera. Perhaps you look better in green turquoise rather than blue turquoise or shiny yellow gold verses dark matte gold. I know silver metal is a favorite for so many, but I prefer it solely on women with silver gray hair. White gold jewelry with real or faux diamonds is my exception. Overall, gold tones look best on most women even when their skin has blue undertones.
  4. Each piece must be occasion and outfit appropriate. Today’s style rules are much more lenient than times past, even at work. It’s acceptable to wear baubles during the day. For instance, a chic, sophisticated crystal necklace may be the ideal accessory for a day full of meetings, but wearing it to give your closing trial argument is probably not a good idea – the shimmer will distract rather than attract your audience. It’s also important to note the tone/vibe of your outfit and jewelry. It is okay to mix centuries and seasons. The trick is to make sure the contrast is complementary. Daytime floral jewelry paired with a black silk evening jumpsuit will likely not work, but an ornate 1920’s vintage bracelet styled with a conservative, equestrian, tweed blazer may just be the perfect contrast. Experiment and use your best judgment.
  5. Each piece must be versatile. The whole point of accessories is to add additional interest to an outfit. A great jewelry buy is when it’s not only a beautiful piece, but it complements several of your outfits. This is actually one of my pet peeves about wearing “matchy-matchy” jewelry. Ninety-nine percent of the time a matching necklace paired with matching earrings or a matching bracelet adds no additional value to an outfit – it’s not only outdated, but more importantly, it’s a visual distraction whereby people pay attention solely to the jewelry and not you. Plus a matching set is not versatile. Even if you break up the jewelry set and wear it separately, it’s not adding anything new, fresh or exciting to your daily outfits. Noisy jewelry also has its limitations. I always recommend noise-free jewelry especially on the job and since you work the majority of your week, this limits its value to your wardrobe.
So, as I look at this necklace I am also thinking of the clothing I might wear it with.  This would look great with a great pair of jeans and a simple blouse and possibly a blazer or cardigan sweater.  OR dressed up with a pair of slacks with the blazer in a different color or cardigan and a simple belt, paired up with a very simple stud earring.  No dangling earrings with this necklace.  

I have most of the things to make this necklace, and what I don't have I'm sure my daughter will have since she makes a lot of jewelry.  Now to find the time.  {smile, smile}

From the Heart and Spirit:

"Love is the grand motive of the plan of salvation; it is the source of happiness, the ever-renewing spring of healing, the precious fountain of hope. As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger. We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf
From the Kitchen:

Key Lime Mousse

1 can sweeten condensed milk
1 can media crema table cream (in the Hispanic section of the grocery store.)
4 fresh squeezed limes

fresh whipping cream, whipped

Mix milk and then add juice.  That easy.  Top with whipping cream.
From the Schmidt's:
Something happened this weekend that made me realize that it's time to set the record straight!  

I feel that I have been misunderstood.  By my remaining quiet, in the background, and allowing my husband to take a front row seat in certain situations, other see this as a lack of interest, love, like, and anything between.  Sure, I do get frustrated with certain things.  Sometimes I feel that my needs, desires, feelings are NEVER a thought or concerns for others.  BUT!!!!

That does not mean that I do not care.

That does not mean that I do not love.

That does not mean that I do not want to be around these people.

AND

That does not mean that I wouldn't rally around you if the situation presented itself.....

In fact, 

Quite the opposite! 

Honestly, I do not think some people in my life truly understand how much I care for them or appreciate them and that is MY fault.  

So, in an efforts to let certain people know just how much I appreciate them here goes.....

My Mother-in-Law

Some people may not know this about my Mother-in-Law, but she is a very generous person.  She will literally give you the shirt right off of her back and then turn around and give you everything in her closet too.  I say that figuratively, and literally, because she has done exactly that for me.  Right after I had Kyle and we had lost everything we owned I found myself without the appropriate clothing to go back to work.  I only had the maternity clothing I wore before my baby was born.  This women, without missing a beat, immediately went through her closet and found me several pieces of clothing I could wear to work the next day.

This is merely one time she has gone above and beyond for me.  Not just my husband and his wife and family.  But FOR ME!

She has provided a roof over our heads when we needed it.

She has given a listening ear when I have needed it.

She has even taught me how to stand up for myself when I needed to.

These are just a few of the many things this lady has done to help me.  Help us.  AND I will NEVER forget it.  

She is a blessing in my life and the lives of my family too.
My Sister-in-Law

I have THREE Sister-in-Law's.
Two from on my husbands side of the family, and one on my side.  So, we will share things about each of them...

Kim has a way of making sure everyone is included and informed about everything.  She is our family party planner.  She opens her home to any family event whenever needed.  She not only plans our parties, but she organizes anytime we need family to rally around someone in need.  She runs circles around all of us.  The word on the street in our family is:  "If you need something done in the Schmidt Family or outside of it too, then get Kim on it, because she will get it done!!"  I love her for all she does to help me and for her friendship and example too.

Becky may not live right here in town, but she is amazing in her own right.  She has a way of making us all feel like we are her very best and only friend no matter when we see her or talk to her.  She will stop everything to make sure you know that what you have to say and share is important to her.  She is loyal, crafty, and smart.  She enjoys spending time with family laughing and having fun.  She has some of the best stories to share too.  She has a way of finding joy in the smallest of details in her life, the life of her children and grandchildren.  We love to hear her share those experiences.  I love her for all that she does for me and the example that she sets too. 

KeriAnne is just as amazing as my other two SIL's.  She is smart and quite talented.  She works hard to raise her children and to influence the lives of many other children as she works at one of the Elementary Schools in the area.  She was even the PTA President while pregnant too.  KeriAnne is a good cook too!  I appreciate her for her kind words, her understanding of the struggles I go through daily, and her willingness to jump in and help out any way she can.  I know I can call on her and she will be there to help with anything.  I love her for making me laugh and for her love and support.  
My Brother-in-Law

I have two Brother-in-Laws.

Each are quiet men until you get to know them.  They are down to earth and funny.  They make me laugh as they share stories about their childhood.  I love that they share these things with us and my children love to hear them too.  They are great husbands and fathers in their own right.  They have been there when I have needed a tire changed.  They have been there when I needed a whole in a wall fixed, and they have been there when I needed rides too.  I know if I needed them, they would be there for me, no matter what.  
My Nieces and Nephews

My nieces and nephews make me laugh.  They are fun to be around and I love watching them learn and grown as they get older.  As they get married.  As they raise children.  I enjoy spending time with them.  They are all doing such a great job of it too.  Love them.  

My Sisters

I have three sisters.  Two that live here and one that lives in Maryland.  Each of my sisters are quite talented.   Each one I love more than words can say.  They help me remember what is most important.  They help me to see the brighter side of things.  AND they are examples to me in more ways than words can say.

My Brother

My brother works hard for his family and he is a good father.  He has many talents and loves to create things just like the rest of my family.  BUT, his heart is what I love most about him.  We banter back and forth, but I know if I needed anything he would be right there for me, and when I need my brakes changed in a pinch, he is there for me.  I love you Shaun.

My Parents

My parents.  I love them for all that they have done for me and even for the things they have not.  They have taught me so much and I am very grateful that I picked them to be my parents because I think I did an amazing job at picked the best for me.  Love you Mom and Dad.
My Husband

What can I possibly say that I haven't already said about him.
When I met Kevin I had no idea, at the time, that he would later become my eternal companion.  He hated me when he first met me.  Truth be told, I wasn't very impressed with him either.  You see, I had just moved here from California and all I could talk about was how much I disliked Arizona.  That didn't sit well with Kevin because he was born and raised in Arizona.  BUT, as I walked away from him after dancing with him at the Young Adult Dance this incredible feeling came over me and I realized that Kevin was the one.  I will never forget thinking to myself, "there is something about the guy I just met."   
Kevin has become my best friend, my confidant, the father of my children, and I think I am the luckiest woman alive!  I love him more than words can say.  

My Children

I have four children.  I remember when Kevin and I got married and right after I got pregnant with Danielle, some people thought it was too soon.  Or that I was pregnant when we got married.  HA!  Absolutely not!!!  I was shocked that they even thought this!  Some people, most of which did not really know us. We were married in November.  Danielle was born in October of the following year.  Do the math.  

Each one of my children came at the right time for us.  Some were planned and some were surprises too.  Each on of our children were challenges in their own right as well as blessings to.  We learned as we tried to be the best parents we could be.  We were far from perfect at parenting yet they all are wonderful people.  We love them for all that they are, and for all that they have become, and all they have yet to be.  

My Friends

I have some amazing friends.  In fact, the other day I mentioned that we needed a truck to do a dump run some time, and one of my friends was at my door that night ready to help.  I may not get together with my friends as often as I would like to. I love them for all  they do for me.  They are awesome.

I hope this clears a few things up.  Maybe not fix everything, but hopefully a little, even if it is a small effort on my part. 

From the Missionary:

In a couple more days our missionary will be celebrating his 20th birthday.  Exciting!  

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...