Saturday, August 15, 2015

This Saturday went by FAST!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Lazy Saturday's spent just hanging out watching TV and playing games with the family.  Love that!

2) Board games we can play with the entire family like this...

So much fun.

From the Camera:

Aren't they cute together?  Love it!!!

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

A fun way to keep your cords organized!
How to make perler bead cookie cord organizers.

From the Heart and Spirit:

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.”
—Orson F. Whitney, quoted by Spencer W. Kimball, in Faith Precedes the Miracle (1972), 98
From the Kitchen:
Pecan Pie Cookies
1 prepared single pie crust (homemade or purchased, I used Pillsbury)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup pecans, chopped
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
2 eggs
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chip for decorating.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large non-stick pan, combine butter, pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and eggs. Cook on the stove top over medium-low heat just until thickened. (You don't want it dry, just slightly thickened, about the consistency of pudding). Remove from heat and set aside.
Unroll dough and using a 3" cookie cutter, cut out circles. Gently fold about ⅛-1/4" up on the edges.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of the pecan mixture into each circle.
Place on a parchment lined pan (it's important to line it) and bake 8 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Place chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag (use brand name, the store brands tend to leak). Microwave about 15 seconds or until mostly melted. Snip off a tiny corner of the baggie and drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Cool

From the Schmidt's:

I tried to sleep in until 8, but I woke up at 7 instead.  We got busy and accomplished a few chores before Lexi and I headed up to the hospital. Kevin was coming home for a bit.  It was part of the training we had to go through.  We had to prove that we could get Kevin in and out of the car on our own.  Then we had to actually try to get through all the doorways here at home too.  We found out we have a little problem.  We are going to need to get some offset hinges for both bathrooms and all the bedrooms in the house.  If we don't, Kevin can't get in those rooms and he needs to be able to sleep and use the restroom.  Just a few minor adjustments and things will be good.  I am so glad they let us take a little mini field trip to check all of this out.  That hospital thinks of everything.  It's amazing!  We got Kevin back up to the hospital right after.  The whole trip wore him out too.  All in all, the trip was good.  

The dog was glad to see Kevin.  Holy cow!

He jumped and barked and tried to jump into Kevin's lap.  Thankfully he didn't do that.  That could have been bad!  The dog spent most of the time as close to Kevin as he could get.  Silly dog.

Tomorrow Kevin has therapy late in the day.  So, we will be up right after that to see him.  I think we are going to take the train game again.  We all want a rematch since Kevin beat us all.  Time to redeem ourselves.  LOL!

Danielle comes home from Montana tomorrow.  Just in time for blistering heat too.  I so hope it rains again soon.  This heat is killing me.  

I should go.  I may need to leave in a bit to go pick Lexi up.  She is hanging out with friends.  I'm trying to not doze off.  It's been a busy day.  

I should go.  Take care friends and I hope you all had a wonderful day.  Here is to a wonderful rest of the weekend too.  We will talk again soon.  

P.S.  Thank you all for all of your messages, texts, emails, and voicemail messages.  I really do appreciate everything you do for me.  It means a lot.  I know I have been hard to get a hold of lately.  It's been hard with my schedule lately.  With work, the visits to the hospital, trying to keep up with things here at home and whatever else comes along, it's been hard just staying afloat.  I use to joke that I spent the bulk of my time in my car.  Well, now I think my days is broken up into 4, hospital, home, driving to each thing.  All of which I seem to spend equal amounts of time at.  It's the truth!  The missionaries have been trying to get a hold of us too.  I guess they have come to the door and we have totally not heard them or missed them.  I feel bad.  But seriously.  If I am home, I'm either in the shower, or in bed like I am now.  OR somewhere in between these two things.  It's rare to see me home outside of that.  But, all of this will be changing soon.  Kevin will be home for good very soon.  Then he will be doing outpatient therapy.  I cannot wait!  I am ready to be done with the hospital portion of my days and I know Kevin is too.  Anyways, thank you for all you do.  It is very appreciated.  Thank you.

From the Missionary:

This is Elder Schmidt who has a birthday coming up on Sept 8th. Help us help our missionary reach his goal to receive the most letters on his birthday. Please send him a letter to arrive on his birthday to the following address:

Elder Curtis Schmidt
New York New York North Mission
700 White Plains Rd. Ste. 315
Scarsdale, NY 10583

And if that doesn't work message me his dad or one of his siblings and we will make other arrangements. Thank you for your help. We appreciate it.

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...