Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Happenings

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) My husband who has a wonderful attitude when it comes to his recovery and injury!  He is determined and I love that and I love him.  

2) My children who always rally around me when I need it, even when they are going through their own struggles.  I love them. 

From the Camera:

Danielle left for Montana super early this morning with her boyfriend.  Below is the text she sent me.  The white is Danielle and the Green is Me.  

Danielle is going to have so much fun!  This afternoon she sent a text telling me it was only 68 degrees there.  She says they have very little humidity.  I told her then that's the place Kevin and I need to move to.  I am so tired of the heat!  (No, we are not moving, but a girl can have dream, can't she?)

From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

I saw this yesterday on a website I was looking at while Danielle and I did Kevin's laundry at the hospital.  Some day when I have time I would love to make something like this.  Good old bead crochet!  Love it!


From the Heart and Spirit:

From the Kitchen:

Sweet Cornbread
2 cups yellow corn meal
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
2/3 cup corn oil
3 eggs  

Preheat oven to 400°.  Mix dry ingredients.  Add remaining ingredients.  Mix until all ingredients are wet but do not over mix.  Bake 20 minutes (until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean) in a buttered jelly roll pan or a 9x13 pan for thicker cornbread.  Serve warm.  (You can also use a bit less sugar and add shredded cheese and a can of diced chilies to it for a zesty flavor!  MMMM!  You can also make them into muffins.)
From the Schmidt's:

We left pretty early today for the hospital.  We were scheduled to be there for some training.  Right when we got there they took us back to this apartment they have set up at the back of the rehab center.  We were trained on how to assist Kevin on and off the toilet and on and off the shower chair.  We have to order a certain shower chair and toilet chair.  Then the hospital will order the transfer board.  It will be a longer one for car transfers.  We learn those later.  

After we went through that training, we went with Kevin and the Therapist to the gym to see what they do for that kind of work out.  The first two video's are just a small portion of his work out.  





The therapist gave us some things to bring home that will help Kevin get his legs in and out of the shower and some things to help stretch his arms in the mornings.  It's just like any other work out...you have to stretch before you exercise.  

After the work out on the weights, we went to the other gym to watch them help Kevin walk the parallel bars.  The first video is without the show inserts they have that help him pick up his feet.  The only way you will know there is a difference is by the shoes he is wearing.  The video without the shoe inserts Kevin is wearing his ASU shoes.  The one with the grey normal tennis shoes, he is wearing the shoe inserts.  He walked the bars 4 times today, which is a huge improvement from just a few days ago.  At the beginning of the week he could only do this once.  After the time on the exoskeleton, he can do this 4 times.  It doesn't look like it, but this is quite a work out for Kevin.  He leaves this drenched in sweat.  This is a very tough workout for him and he does it with such a great attitude!  I love that about him!







It's been a very busy day for all of us.  My kids are sleeping right now, and I am just about there myself.  I know Kevin is going to get to bed early too.  

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  Hope you can see the videos.  

From the Missionary:

This is where our family lives right now, with most of us in Arizona, and one of us in New York.  That being Elder Schmidt.  


Quote of the Day:


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...