Saturday, August 15, 2015

Say What! It's 116 Outside Today. Yikes!!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The weekend!!!  Need I say anything more?

2) Friday afternoons!  And I only had a two day work week.  Imagine that!

From the Camera:

As many of you know, Danielle is up in Montana with her boyfriend visiting his family and friends this week.  One of the things they were going to do was to stop by and see the view and the space of someones lake house.  This particular house is intended to be the location of the Montana reception, if and when a wedding takes place.  Everyone says the place is gorgeous.  So, I sat Danielle down on more than one occasion and asked her to please get photos so we can see them when she got home.  She of course promised to do this.  Well, today she text me to tell me she failed to get photos because she forgot her phone for this trip.  If any of you know Danielle she cannot go or do anything without her phone attached to her in some way.  She use to sleep with her phone.  No joke!  Needless to say, I am a little bummed.  That was the only thing I asked for out of this trip.  No souvenirs, no bear statues, no craft supplies, nothing but a few photos and I got nothing!   

I've included a few photos of what I envision in my mind what a lake house might look like, here is what I found....


Anyway, you get the idea.
Which house do you think will be the closest to the Lake House in Montana Danielle saw today???  
From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

DIY Looped Yarn Headband – Five Minute Craft Activity 

by: http://morenascorner.com/
I don’t knit or crochet, but I do love yarn.  The wide variety of colors and textures make yarn such an appealing medium!
This headband is quite literally a five minute craft, not including drying time.  The knot may look intricate, but it’s astonishingly simple to do.  Here’s how:
Materials used:
To start, cut 6 pieces of yarn, making each one 24 inches long.  Divide the yarn strips into two groups of three.  Then, you will loop it as pictured below.
Pull both ends gently away from each other to make the “knot”.
Measure the headband to your head, and cut off the excess.  Use fabric glue to adhere the yarn to the fabric, fold the fabric over, and glue closed.

You could use more or less strips of yarn to change the width of your headband.
I like that this yarn headband is understated yet still pretty.  They’re so quick to make that you could make several in multiple colors in no time!
From the Heart and Spirit:


From the Kitchen:

From the Schmidt's:

This is how I felt as I walked out the door from work this afternoon.

When I got home I was toast.  I ended up falling asleep on my bed and woke up when it got too hot in my bedroom.  Now I'm on the couch in the family room with the fan blowing on me.  I don't know why my bedroom gets so hot, but it's smothering.  I don't know if it's because there isn't much air flow or because we need to change up the vents or what, but it's the hottest room in the house, in my opinion.  The kids have the coolest rooms.  We will have to figure that out later....after all, it was only 116 degrees outside today.  It's now 99 degrees outside.  Talk about hot!


We have a pretty exciting day planned tomorrow.  Kevin gets to leave the hospital grounds for a day.  So, we are going to have some fun as a family.  The kids are excited for this.  I am too.  The only bad part is that this is only temporary.  He will have to go back for another week.  Kevin is ready to be home too.  He is tired of getting woke up in the middle of the night for different things.  At least when he gets home he will be able to get some sleep.  And I will too.  Or at least a little more than I've had over the past 6 weeks.  You know it's been since June 26th when all of this started.  It's amazing what a couple months can do.  How your life can change in such a short amount of time.  

I'm just glad we have been able to see the blessings through this whole thing.  That is a very good thing.  I just hope that continues to happen after Kevin gets home.  We need that.

Well, it's late, or super early depending on how you look at things.
I need to get back to bed.  Take care  friends, and we will talk soon.

From the Missionary:

The Bronx.
27 Mar 2004, New York State, USA --- The New York City skyline is viewed through the haze from the Bronx. --- Image by ? Andrew Holbrooke/Corbis
Next month Curtis comes up on his 6 month mark for being out on his mission.  AND for being in one are for that long too.  WOW!
WE WANT YOUR IDEAS........
Help us come up with ideas on how to help Curtis celebrate this milestone....send me you.

You can comment on this post by clicking the link below at the bottom of the post, or shoot me an email, text, or a message on Facebook.  Whatever works best for you.  

Thank you!

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...