Thursday, August 27, 2015

Happy Friday Eve!!!



We are going to have to make this a short post today.  
We have some cool photos of Elder Schmidt at Central Park in New York, as well as some at a recent Zone Conference too.  Take a look......

(Photos courtesy of Elder and Sister Zimmerman from the NY NY North Mission.  Thank you!)

Let's play find Elder Schmidt in these photos....
At his recent Central Park outing.  It was actually a Zone Conference.
More at Central Park

You won't find Elder Schmidt in this photo....but his Mission President and children showed up.

Central Park...


Can you see the carnival in this photo?
You can see it better below....

Police officers in the park

Band playing for donations

Street artists willing to draw your portrait for a fee

Street vendor

For a fee ($50 for up to 20 minute, plus $20 per extra 10 minutes, plus tip) you can take a ride on a horse-pulled carriage.  Not cheap.


The following photos are some of the statues in the park




Look for Elder Schmidt again...
At a Multi Zone Conference.
At a breakfast

Do you see Elder Schmidt in the background??


If you look close you can see just a part of Elder Schmidt in this photo....


You can see Elder Schmidt as he listens to the Zone Conference....
Enough about Elder Schmidt.

We had a long day today.  We are all still sick and just trying to get over it as we go through the motions so I cancelled a doctor's appointment I had for this afternoon, or should I say I rescheduled it. Kevin had a rough day today.  He fell twice trying to get in bed.  Kyle was right there to help him and he just went down.  He is pretty down about it.  He said he didn't know what happened.  He just lost his footing and there was no stopping him.  Poor guy.  I hate it when he gets down.  It isn't anything a wife likes to see if you know what I mean.

Lexi had a pretty good day at school today.  It's 9 p.m. and she is taking a nap.  She wants me to wake her up at 10 so she can get her shower.  Silly girl.  I know how she feels.  This cold/upper respiratory infection...or whatever it is that we have, sure has kicked our bums.  I came home, made dinner, and fell asleep on the living room couch and was woke up to a pounding knock on the door.  It was the missionaries.  They were wanting to make us aware of a ward activity this Saturday.  They were really nice and we stood at the door and talked since we are sick.  I don't want to be responsible for making them sick.  That would not be good.  They are a okay with talking at the door for a few minutes.  I told them to come back after we were feeling better.

Our Bishop stopped by last night too.  He and I talked on the front porch for a few minutes since the dog was out of control on the other side of the door and we are all sick.  I don't need him getting sick either.  He listed off a few things he wants to help us with.  He is awesome!  I know if we need anything we can always reach out to him, our neighbors, my visiting teacher, or anyone else in the ward for that matter.  They are great!  So far we have been doing pretty good.  We have taken care of the hinges on the bathroom door.  That was an easy fix.  We will fix the bed just as soon as I feel like running to the home improvement store to find caps for the bed frame.  We need to lower the frame to wheelchair level.  Only about 5 inches, roughly.  I'm sure once we get that done Kevin will be able to get in and out of bed a lot easier.  I don't think having the bed lower would have saved him from falling today though.  I think that was going to happen no matter what the bed height.  

I picked Lexi up from school today and we ran a quick errand.  On our way home she told me about how her English teacher was trying to explain the term Creators from English History.  She said her teacher tries to briefly get into some religious ideas without going into things too much.  I guess the other day the teacher tried to tell Lexi that Mormon's moved to Arizona to escape religious persecution.  I think he was a little off...that was Utah.  Lexi of course didn't say a word either time.  He said this teacher isn't someone you question.  He doesn't take it well I guess.  What I loved about this was that she also talked about the Creation in Seminary today too.  She said I learn the wrong thing in English and then learn the truth in Seminary.  She said it was awesome to have her Seminary teacher set the record straight and he didn't even know he was doing that.  I as her mother LOVE that this happens and that she has come to appreciate these things.  That means she is getting it.  That means that she is learning and growing.  That means that Seminary truly is making a difference in her life.  I LOVE THAT!!!!  I use to love Seminary and I had early morning Seminary too.  We lived in California and they didn't have release time.  Besides there were only a handful of us LDS kids in the entire area, much less our High School.  In fact, our Seminary consisted of all the kids in the two High Schools in our area.  Another words, from the two wards (eventually three wards) in the area.  There were two classes.  One for Junior Seminary and one for Senior Seminary.  The Freshman and Sophomores were in the Junior and the Juniors and Seniors were in the Senior.  Then when a third ward was created the kids that lived on the Air Force Base had their own seminary class in our teachers home until we found a place on base, the other kids went downtown.  So, I was only half awake most days.  It was super early in the morning.  Sure, if you were to ask my friends and my seminary buddies, they would have told you they were surprised that I liked Seminary so much, but I really did.  I even went to Seminary twice a day after we moved to Arizona. That's how much I enjoyed it.  Well, the second time was with some friends.  I technically was finished with school before they were and we all rode home together, so I went to Seminary to wait for them.  That was the real reason... but the Seminary teacher would have never let me sit through the second class if he thought I would cause problems or didn't benefit from two sessions, right??

 Yes, we are still ill.  Yes, we are still just getting by.  Yes, Kevin had a rough day.  But, we do see the blessings today too.  One being that Lexi feels comfortable enough to talk to her parents about her day, and that she is learning and growing in Seminary.  That is a wonderful blessing!  

Well, I need to go. Time to try and wake Lexi up for her shower.  Ha Ha!  I doubt she wakes up and she will have to get one in the morning. Silly girl.  I have laundry to move to the dryer.  Take care my friends.  Hope you have a good day tomorrow!  It's Friday!!!
Take care and we will talk again soon.


One Hour Cinnamon Rolls 
by Camille Paskett and Shanna Roberts

April_2010_337

Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)

Then add:
1 T. salt
3 eggs
10 1/2 c. flour

Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes. Oil cupboard, dump out dough. Divide in half. Press one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll up tight, but not too tight. Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.

Cinnamon-Sugar
1c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon

 Frosting

1 cube butter
2 dashes salt
2 t. vanilla
6 c. powdered sugar
milk

Orange Rolls: Add orange concentrate to regular frosting
Chocolate Rolls: Add baking cocoa and a few drops of water to regular frosting
Cream cheese Rolls: Add cream cheese to regular frosting


To answer questions that have come up since I first posted this:

*My mixer is a Bosch.  Hands down the best mixer available!  I just wish it came in cute colors.
*1 cube of butter = 1/2 c.
*Orange concentrate is frozen orange juice.
*I just use regular flour, not self-rising.
*It really is 6 Tablespoons of yeast.  I use SafInstant.  I have never used the packets, so I don't know the conversion.
*It really is 10 and 1/2 cups of flour.
*I have never frozen the dough.  These are way too easy to make to bother with freezing them.  But some people have. 
*Rising time depends on how warm the house is, the humidity, etc.  Just let them rise until they are big enough for you.
*I don't know how many calories these are.  Please don't tell me.
*If you want half the rolls, just half the recipe. 
*400 degrees Fahrenheit.
*I use the dough hook to mix it up.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...