Friday, August 28, 2015

Finally, It's Friday!!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) It's Friday!! 

2) My Mom who checks up on me from time to time to make sure I am okay and goes out of her way to keep up with my husband and children too.  That means a lot.  Thank you Mom.  I love you.  You are the best!!

3) My Dad who also checks up on us too.  Thank you Dad.  I love you.  You are the best!!

From the Camera:

My Mom!  
My Dad!! 
From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

A Facebook friend tagged me in her post showing this door.
I had one of these doors leaning up against my garage door for about a year.  I wanted to put photos in the windows and hang the door somewhere in my home...probably my bedroom, but on it's side. When I realized it would take too much to hang the door because it was so darn heavy, I sold it for $20.00.  I got the door for free and made $20.  I'm sure I could have sold it for more, but when I made the decision to sell it I just wanted it gone.   Now that I see this, I want another door!  I know, I have a door problem.


Truth be told, if I leaned the door up against a wall like the one in the photo, I could put it in my bedroom and still have a ton of room for Kevin to get around in.  That is after I move a few things.

I have a confession.  I have a king size bed in my bedroom right now AND a queen sized bed frame...that is headboard and foot board on the other side of my bedroom.  The queen sized bed frame needs to be moved out (Lexi was going to use it, or I was going to make a bench out of it since one side rail is broken), but I have a few things on it right now.  Once I move that stuff Kevin will have more room than ever to get around.  We could literally put the king sized bed in the middle of the room and Kevin could run circles around it with his arms stretched out as he did it too.  Out bedroom is good sized and we don't have any night stands or dressers in the room right now.  The dresser is in the walk-in closet.  It has it's own little perfect spot.  So, my bedroom could use a little more furniture.  Before all of this happened to Kevin I had every intention to put up a faux fireplace with a couple of comfy chairs, a little table, and a nice ottoman, and maybe a rug.  That was the plan, but who knows, that may change.  So, right now, the room is a work in progress and I need to get some things done.  Keep in mind, Kevin has plenty of room to get to and from the bed with absolutely no problems.  I made sure of that.  

That means right now our bedroom is very functional and that is about it.  With the exception of my headboard, and a bench I have in the middle of my family room or dining room that will find a home at the foot of our bed soon.  Needless to say, I have work to do.  Lots of it.

From the Heart and Spirit:

All through the scriptures the loftier expectation is expressed by the Lord and His apostles:  Believe, repent, obey the ordinances, walk in the light of the Spirit, endure in faith--yes!  But also, manifest your discipleship in civility, in gentility and tender compassion, in kindness and consideration, in patience and forbearance and refusal to condemn, in forgiveness and mercy.  
- Marion D Hanks
"More Joy and Rejoicing"
Ensign, November 1976, p. 31
From the Kitchen:


From the Schmidt's:

It's Friday!!!  Woot!  Woot!

Today I was picked up from work by Kyle and Kevin.  
The first thing out of Kevin's mouth when I got into the driver's seat of the car was that Kyle dropped him today.  As Kevin proceeded to share the actual story it sounds more like Kyle actually launched Kevin from his wheelchair from the threshold of our front door onto the front porch.  That's right, launched his own father out the door.  Not good I know.  Kevin pushed through therapy today, but he is resting in bed in pain right now.  So, as you can imagine, if our neighbors saw this it must have looked like something right out of an episode of Lucy or The Three Stooges, or something.  I am so glad I was not home to see this.  Oh my gosh!  Can you imagine what my neighbors think of us?  Here is this poor man being launched from his wheelchair out of his home by his own son.  Yikes!  Mind you, Kevin did not have the seat belt on in his wheelchair like he should have.  Looking back, it's probably a good thing he didn't have it on.  He was also wearing sweat pants which saved his legs from getting all scratched up.  When he got to therapy the therapist told Kevin he needed to wear shorts to each session.  I guess they do some kind of nerve stimulation or EEG or something while he's there.  The poor man is just having a rough time.  Honestly, Kyle did not LAUNCH his father out the front door.  It was an accident, pure and simple and that is all this was.  I feel bad for both of them.  Kevin for being the one falling and Kyle for being the one left feeling bad about this happening.  Thankfully both of them have a sense of humor and could see the humor in this.  I love them both for that.  

Kyle got a call today about one of the jobs he applied for, tested for, and interviewed for.  He is on to the next phase.  Let the background check begin.  We know that will not be an issue.  Kyle was thrilled to get this news, and we are happy for him.  Go Kyle!  If you would like more details about this you will need to ask Kyle.  I have been asked to NOT post that information.  And besides, it's Kyle's news, really, to share...not mine.  

Honestly, I made the mistake of telling his sister and I should have let Kyle share it.  So, I am trying to be respectful.  He needs to be the one to share all the details.  Yeah Kyle!

Things are going to get a little tricky around here real quick.  Kyle has to go down to his new place of employment next week and the timing just happens to be in the way of Kevin's therapy session.  So, Kevin will need to try and reschedule or I may need to go into work a little late or something.  I will have to check and see what I can do.  I don't mind doing what I can to help so Kyle can make it to his appointment and Kevin can make it to his.  I just need to get it scheduled right away.  Work has been awesome with helping me through all of this and I cannot thank them enough.  They have been great!  

Check out the envelope that came with the card my Mom sent to Kevin.  This was just something she whipped up.  The lady is quite talented, if I do say so myself!!!



We picked Lexi up from school and her "friend" left the Seminary building just as soon as she got up to get into our car.  Kevin teased Lexi, of course.  Then as soon as we got home Lexi asked if she could go to the football game.  She was gone about an hour and then she was asking me if she could go to the school dance right after the game.  I remember one other school dance Lexi went to, but that was when her older brother was still at the school.  This is the first one in a long time.  ~smile~smile~

It's been a long day and I have a few things to do.  I hope you are just as excited as I am to sleep in tomorrow.  Hopefully you do not have to work.  Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.


From the Missionary:

More photos of the Zone Conference.  Can you find Curtis Elder Schmidt in them???
(Hint:  This is a trick photo.  The Elder sitting down is Elder Schmidt's companion.  So, I'm sure Elder Schmidt is close by, just not in this photo.)


I love this photo below....looks like Elder Schmidt is actively participating.  LOVE IT!!!  Brings a tear to a mother's eye, I'm not gonna lie.  :)






Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...