Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Missionary and his Forest.

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Mail order prescription refills!  Love that!  That saves me so much time!  

2) My ability to avoid an accident, even when the car swerves right in front of me..  

From the Camera:

Someone at the hospital told Kevin he should auction off his ASU pitchfork tennis shoes when he leaves in about 3 weeks.  He just smiled.  He has absolutely no intention of getting rid of these shoes.  None at all!  
From the Craft Room and Other Cool Things:

A cool twist on Lincoln Logs and vegetables.  Love this!  YUM!
From the Heart and Spirit:

Following or Leading?

Today I saw the most interesting thing.  We were at the zoo.  We were watching the flamingos and there were about 10 ducks in the enclosure, and the ducks were standing around on 1 leg with the other tucked in like the flamingos.  It made me giggle to see those silly ducks pretending to be flamingos.  And then it made me think....How many people are drawn in by what the crowd is doing and become ridiculous trying to be like the crowd?  For example:  tattoos, saggy pants, designer clothes, movie choices, lifestyles.  Some of it destructive.  Some of it just plain foolish.  Then I wondered if I am sometimes just like that ridiculous duck.


What a wonderful lesson.  I am going to try and remember this lesson by remembering who I am.  I am a daughter of God.  That is my most important identity.  I do not need the approval of others.  I only need to the approval of God and His Son, Jesus Christ.  Christ is the one I should always be following and trying to be like, and only Him. 

From the Kitchen:

Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Step by step photographic instructions below....

Just to clarify, that's hot sauce like this.....

Mix well....



Yum!

From the Schmidt's:

A lot has happened in the matter of a couple of days.  Some things I can talk about, some I can't.  It's the ones I can't talk about that worry me the most, and NO this has nothing to do with Kevin and his injury.  In time, I hope to be able to share some of what I am talking about right now.

Kevin got to use the exoskeleton today.  He said he had a doctor following him around throughout his therapy all day today.  He was doing his residency.  He was from a University in North Carolina.  Talk about a long way from home!  He was just observing Kevin.  Kevin also said he was worn out and sore tonight when I went to see him.  They plan to do it again at this Friday.  That should keep him out of trouble for another day.  Ha Ha.

This weekend Kyle and I have an appointment with the therapist to  learn how to move Kevin from just about anything.  That should be interesting.  I'm still holding out that Kevin will regain the feeling from the waist down before he comes home from the hospital.  There is something about catheterizing your husband that does not sit well with me.  I KNOW...I need to get over this, and quick too!
I will.  But for now, I am still a little concerned.  

That's what our Bishop talked to me about this Sunday.  Can I just tell you how amazing he is?  Oh my goodness!  He had me watch this movie called Lift on his iPad while I was in his office.  He then made sure I knew that this was exactly what they were prepared to do if we needed this.  They would come in each and every single day to help care for Kevin if I couldn't be there.  In fact, our Bishop pretty much said they were ready, willing, and able to serve.  He then said, let us do this.  This will be good for us.  We need this.  I walked out of his office completely blown away!  That man.  No wonder he is our Bishop!  What a blessing he is.  Even if there are no other reasons, other than to help the Schmidt family through this time in our lives, I know exactly why this man is our Bishop.  I know he has the talents, skills, nature, heart, ability, and willingness, to be of service right here in our lives.  That is just one of probably a million reasons why the Lord decided on this man to be our Bishop at this time.  I am completely humbled by his offer and feeling so very blessed at the same time.  And our Bishop said they haven't really done much for our family.  HA!  I beg to differ!!!  This ward, this Bishop, this Bishopric, our Relief Society President, and our ward family have been totally amazing!  I cannot thank them enough.  Wow!

It's getting late and I still need to get some things together for work tomorrow before I head off to bed.  Lexi is sitting here working on her online Math class as we speak.  She had one more assignment to complete before the teacher entered the grades.  Go Lexi go!  For me, I'm going to get to sleep early, hopefully, tonight for a change.  For the past several weeks I haven't been able to fall asleep until about 12:20-12:30 a.m.  It makes for a very sleepy work day the next day, and I no likey that!!!  So, I must go.

Take care my friends and we will talk again soon.  

From the Missionary: 

Hey Everyone,

How are you all doing?  This week was a long one, but a good one.  We made contact with the two boys I talked about in a previous letter.  Their names are Xxxxxxx and Xxxx and they are scheduled to be baptized in a couple of weeks!!!  They are so dope.  

This week we found a forest in the middle of nowhere.  It was pretty cool.  Today was transfers.  Elder Holtom and I are staying in da Bronx, so I am probably gone after this cycle.  Anyway today was a crazy day.  I didn't have much time to write this email, so here is a picture of the forest.  LOL!

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad


Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...