Sunday, August 16, 2015

4 tens, a recipe, & a quote

Today we are changing this up a bit.
Here goes...

Ten things I did today:

1. Slept in.  I so needed it.
2. Folded two loads of laundry that I washed yesterday
3. Took Danielle's car to her house
4. Cleaned out my fridge
5. Watered the plants 
6. Drove to Phoenix to see Kevin at the hospital
7. Played Ticket to Ride with Kevin again today.  
8.  Had Ice Cream - I haven't had that in months!
9. Did the happy dance!  One week left.  For a few things!  Can't wait for this week to be over.  Now we just need to get through it. 
10.  Did two more loads of laundry.

Ten things I didn't do today:

1. Go to church today.  I am so mad at myself!  Not good.
2. Gossip about something when the opportunity arose.
3.  Request a refill on my prescription.
4. Let others cause drama in my life.
5. Forget to take my daily medication like yesterday.
6. Go to work today, it's Sunday silly.  I don't work on Sunday.
7. Curl my hair today.  I just let it dry naturally and off I went.
8. Watch a movie.  I thought I would get the chance this weekend.
9. Make dinner tonight.  We all did our own thing.  
10. Make my bed.


Ten things I read or glanced at briefly today:

1. My phone messages
2. The weather report on my phone.  It's so hot!  Yikes!
3. My daily scripture verse.  I get these sent to my phone every day.
4. The Umpteen personal emails I have.  
5.  Quotes
6.  A recipe for a new treat
7.  A plethora of blogs
8.  A text from JC Penney's about their latest sale
9. My patriarchal blessing.  
10. My goal card just to make sure I am on track.

Ten happy thoughts:

1. That Curtis is serving a mission.
2. The funny messages some people send.  Makes me laugh.  
3.  Seeing my husband's happy face when we come up to see him at the hospital.  That is priceless!
4.  The card my doctor wrote me.  Every time I look at it I just smile inside.  
5.  My children.  They are awesome!
6.  My parents.  I appreciate them more and more each day.
7.  Even though we don't have it all, we feel like the riches couple alive because of the bonds we have with each other and our children.
8.  Summer is almost over.  Yes!!!
9.  Our Ward family, our Bishop and Relief Society President.  They get it and they get us, and I really do appreciate that.  I couldn't make it through all of this without them.  They are awesome!  
10.  By this time next week, my husband will be home!!!  That makes me very happy!!!

Frozen Lemonade Pie
Lemonade Pie
4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 9" graham cracker crust
Mix softened ice-cream and lemonade concentrate until blended.  Immediately spoon into graham cracker crust.  Freeze about four hours until firm.  Garnish with strawberry slices (I sprinkle with sugar on top of berries.)  Let stand at room temp (long enough to add the strawberry slices) before serving.  (Any other fruit juice concentrate will work as well.  LOVE Strawberry-Banana-Orange juice!)
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...