Monday, July 20, 2015

We are almost there!

Two Things I am Grateful For:
1) Those tender mercies my Heavenly Father gives me.  Each one of them remind me that my Heavenly Father is very much aware of us and the things we are dealing with each and every moment.

2) The doctor's and nurses caring for my husband.  They have been awesome!  Thank you!

From the Camera:

I took some photos yesterday when Danielle and I went to see the Rehab Center at Barrow's.  

This window three big pieces showing various times in Christ's life.  The top being Gethsemane.  I wish I could have got closer to take some better photos, but that area was blocked off.  

Here are a few close-ups


These next few photos are of both sides of the street from the tower.  You can kind of see a grid or net over the glass.  I'm not sure why that's there.  I took these photos more to show Kevin, but I thought you might want to see too.
From the Craft Room and Other Things:

It's the little things that make life so much easier.....

Add a command hook to keep a garbage bag in place in your car.
Use a Command Hook to keep a garbage bag from tipping over in the car - clever!  You can also use this for regular shopping bags or your purse!


Use old CD/DVD cases to store ribbons and trims.
re-use CD spindles for ribbon storage

Change the top on craft paint with the top from school glue, now you can write in colors.  

Use an old glue cap and put it on a acrylic paint bottle to be able to write in color! This is genius!!

From the Spirit and Heart:

"You Tell On Yourself "

You tell on yourself
By the friends you seek,
By the manner in which you speak;
By the way you employ your leisure time,
By the use you make of every dollar or dime.

You tell what you are
By the things you wear,
By the spirit by which your burdens you bear;
By the kind of things at which you laugh,
By the records you play on your phonograph.

You can tell what you are
By the way you talk,
By the manner in which you bear defeat;
By so simple a thing as what you eat,

By the books you choose from a well-defined shelf.
In these ways and more, you tell on yourself.
So there is really not a particle of sense
In your efforts to keep up your false pretense
 Author: Unknown



From the Kitchen:

Homemade Disneyland Dole Whip
 
Prep time
Total time
 

Serves: 3-4
Ingredients
  • 4 cups (16oz/450g ) small chunks frozen Pineapple
  • 1 cup (8oz/225g) of low fat coconut milk (or milk of choice, almond, regular)
  • *weight notes at the bottom of recipe
Instructions
  1. Place the coconut milk and frozen chunks of pineapple into a food processor or high powered blender. (the pineapple has to be frozen)
  2. Turn on food processor and blend until the consistency becomes creamy.
  3. You will have to stop several times and scoop down the pineapple.
  4. Keep blending until all of the pineapple chunks are gone and the mix is smooth.
  5. Enjoy immediately as it is ‘soft serve’ and should be eaten straight away.
  6. If you want to freeze a little you can, just know it does freeze solid once frozen and is no longer soft.
Notes
Normally 16oz = 2 cups, not 4. however the weight of pineapple is very different to what we normally weight in a cup like flour so both measurements are right. The pinnacle is chunky and big and doesn't fill a cup the same way flour would.
From the Schmidt's:
 
Thank goodness work went by quickly today.  I was up until 2:30 a.m. texting.  No, I didn't plan on it.  I got woke up by a text around 12:45 a.m., and from there received others too.  Needless to say, I only got 2 hours and 15 minutes sleep today.  I was worried I would fall asleep at the wheel or something because that is just not enough sleep for one person to survive on, especially with all we are dealing with right now.

It looks like Kevin might be moving to the Rehab Center either tomorrow, possibly Wednesday.  We are almost there!  Then the fun begins.  I say fun, but we all know it is not going to be a picnic for Kevin.  They aren't going to give Kevin the option to just sit in bed.  If he doesn't do the work then they will send him to a nursing home to live out his days lying in bed there.  Believe me, I know Kevin is going to work, and work hard.  He wants to get better as quickly as he can.
It looks like the migraine Lexi had is gone now.  So, when Kyle gets home from the gym, we will be heading up to he hospital to see Kevin again.  

Kevin said the surgical nurse came to visit with Kevin today.  That totally amazed me!  She must have been between cases and had some time to come chit chat with Kevin.  I can't get over the way this surgeon and the surgical nurse have been so involved in the care Kevin has been receiving at the hospital.  It blows my mind!  This certainly is not the kind of treatment we have experienced before.  It's awesome!

Kevin received some very nice comments from one of his former scouts.  This scout has been through some tough things for only being as old as Kyle.  He does the BMX bike racing and trick jumping and has been sponsored by some big name people and organizations.  In the course of his BMX days he has had several medical issues, most due to his time spent on a bike.  This young man is LDS, but is very inactive now.  Kevin talks to him from time to time which has been good for the both of them, I think.  Kevin posted something about his situation and things, this is what this young man had to say about Kevin.....

Hang in there Kevin! My amount of respect for you continues to increase by the day as I am forced to live with my situation day after day. You help me be positive when you post stuff like this, and just the mental awareness that someone else is in a similar state, and is able to stay positive, not only helps me stay positive, but forces me to try and be that way in case I can help someone else the way that you and others help me on the days that life seems like it is just giving you more than you could have ever possibly agreed to sign up for. Hope things go as smoothly as possible for you, that you make a full recovery within, or short of the expected amount of time, and that you are able to get the life back that you deserve.


Just a little background about this scout.  Kyle and this scout were good friends.  They spent more time goofing off anytime they were together, but when it came time to be serious, they were able to get it together.  This was also the scout Kevin spent a lot of time trying to help out of some tough situations too.  Kevin has always thought this scout to be very smart, bright, and has so much potential.  You could see it just oozing out with every situation that came around.  Kevin misses the days he spent with the young men and even though this is just one of his scouts, they all have earned a special place in Kevin's and my heart forever because they have all touched our lives in so many ways and made us better for having rubbed shoulders with each of them.  Oh, how we miss the days Kevin was in Young Men's and scouting!  I never thought I would say that, but really I do miss it!  And I know Kevin does too.

Well, I should go.  Lots to do before we head up to the hospital again.  Take care and we will talk soon.

From the Missionary:

the Harlem, New York church building....
This is the place Curtis hopes to go to sometime soon....

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...