Friday, July 10, 2015

Quiting Time...It's so sweet!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Great moments that make me laugh.  I can't go into detail, but something kookie happened today that I am still laughing about every time I think about it.  Love those moments!

2) A Great Director at work!  She is totally awesome.  I love her!  

Goals for the Day:

1) Work - get through it.  Another busy day.
2) Dinner - make it.
3) Write my blog post
4) Watch another episode of my show
5) feed the dog
6) put garbage cans away
7) pick up Lexi from her friends house
8) check Lexi's grade
From the Camera:

As promised, these are the photos of Kevin I wanted to share.
This first one is of Kevin checking himself out in the mirror in his first suit.  If you notice the bunk beds in the background were three high.  I for one would not have liked that, but Kevin and his brothers loved them.  Or so I've heard.
Doesn't Kevin look good?
I'm missing my letter "T's" in the word little.  I wonder where they went?

This next photo is truly a classic!!!!
As a very little boy Kevin would get all girl'd up in his Mom's
Nylons and high heels, while only wearing his underwear. 
Of course when I saw this little gem of a photo I just had to have a copy.
I added all the wonderful stickers to let's just call it, "enhance" the photo.
Looking good Kevin!
Looking good.

So, do not let Kevin know I showed these to you.  It would not be good. LOL!!!

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea..

For pet-owners, one of the most stressful things about planning a vacation is the ever-present question "What are we going to do with the pets while we are gone?" There are many boarding facilities that offer wonderful accommodations for pets but they can be expensive, especially if you are planning to be gone for a week or more.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if a friend or family member offered to watch your pets for free while you were gone? If it would be nice for you, it would probably be nice for them, too! The next time your friend tells you they are going away for a few days, offer to watch their pets for them! They will be surprised and touched by the kind gesture.

Benefits:

By pet-sitting for free you are helping your friend save money, ensuring them that their pets will be well taken care of with lots of personal attention while they are gone. Leaving a pet with a familiar face helps put the owner, the pet, and pet-sitter at ease.

Step It Up:

Instead of just offering to stop by the house each day and walk the dog or play with the cats or feed the fish, volunteer to pick up their mail, put out their trash, and make sure their lights are off. Or, volunteer to let the pets stay with you at your home, giving them even more attention that just a walk or two a day.

Keep It Simple:

Even if you're not up for watching someone's pets for an extended period of time, you can still help in small ways. Offer to let their dog out to use the bathroom if you know they are going to be out late one night. Or perhaps the next time you are at the store pick up a cat toy and give it to your friend who loves cats.

From the Kitchen:

Cinna-bun Cake in the oven!

Base:
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
Topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan (buttered).
Mix all of the base ingredients together, with the exception of the butter. Add the melted butter last, and then pour into your prepared pan,
Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonful over the base, as evenly as you can over the entire base. Take a butter knife and swirl the topping into the base. Pop into the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes.
While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze and set aside.
Remove from oven and glaze the cake while still warm.

From the Spirit:

Enjoy Life!

Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round, or listened to rain slapping the ground? Ever followed a butterfly’s erratic flight, or gazed at the sun fading into the night? You better slow down, don’t dance so fast, time is short, the music won’t last.

From the Schmidt's:

If I said I was glad this week was coming to an end, that would be an understatement!  This week has been a little spooky in all areas!  Yikes!!  You wouldn't believe it even if I could tell you everything.  Believe me, it would blow your mind.  Just remember, there are a few things that shall forever remain private in my life.  But I could write a book about all the things that come up.  I guess I will leave the book writing to Danielle.  This certainly gives her some awesome material!  

I love my life.  I love my life....
~smile~smile~smile~

And that's enough about that.

Work was busy.  Thankfully no more comments from my friend Liz about anything.  We had a lot of fun even though work was busy.  Today I spent more time than I wanted to in our director's office.  I just had some questions and need to make her aware of a situation.  She is totally awesome and she has been amazing!  We are so glad she is over our team.  Let's hope that doesn't change any time soon.

As I may have mentioned before, Kyle ended up taking me to work again today.  Kevin had pre-op testing to get done before his big day Monday.  He wasn't too happy about it, but he went with it.
After he took Kevin to get his blood work done, he ran off to the gym to get his training session done for today.  Then he was off with his girlfriend and her Mom to go to the shooting range.
Kyle is spending as much time as possible with Morgan before she leaves for two weeks.  She has her annual training with the Army National Guard and she leave Sunday.  Kyle is going to have a hard time these next two weeks, but he has a weight lifting competition in Flagstaff and another testing session with another police department and their written test too.  It will be good for Kyle to focus on those things while she is away.

Next weekend Lexi has Youth Conference to go to.  She will be gone for a few days.  Then next month she has the Laurel retreat too.  I'm still getting use to the fact that she is a Laurel now.  (Laurel: the oldest group in the young women's youth group in the LDS church)  She is growing up so fast!  I'm sure her next couple of years in high school will be filled with all kinds of new things.  WOW!!  Where does the time go.

Just today I was telling one of the girls at work about Lexi's open heart surgery.  She has a nephew who had a transplant about a year ago.  It was good to share experiences and pictures too.

Tonight Lexi is off at her best friend's house.  She hasn't had a chance to spend much time with her this entire summer.  Lexi has been busy, and so has her friend.  They finally found some time tonight to get together.  It's a good thing.

Tomorrow Danielle will be coming by.  I have a lot to do tomorrow.  Cleaning.  Groceries.  Running errands.  AND of course, laundry.  It's all good.  These things have got to get done.
I want to be ready for Monday.
I may also fire up my Cricut this weekend too.
I want to cut some vinyl and print a few photos to put in my frames at work of the kids.  I have yet to do that.  I've been meaning to do it for months now.

I have a porch sign I want to hang up out front.
I've decided to change out my chalkboard in the kitchen by painting it an off white color and distressing the sides.  Then I want to redo the chalkboard surface again.  I plan to make my own chalkboard paint.  It isn't hard.  I just need to do it.  

Then ones the chalkboard paint is dry I plan to add some vinyl to it and hang it up out front.  When I get it done I will show you the end result.  I am soooo excited to get it done, and the best part!!!
I have everything I need here at home to get it all done.
I'm hoping my sister-in-law finds the disk for the program that will allow me to download any font I want soon.  That would be awesome!  If not, Kyle seems to think he can help me find it somewhere else.  Woot!  Woot!  

Maybe down the road I will be able to start cutting vinyl and making some signs to sell?  Who knows?  I wouldn't mind that.
It's been a while since I have had a steady creative outlet, it would be great to do something.  Lexi has even jumped on the crafty band wagon.  She made me take her to Joann's last night just to look at fabric.  Just to look!  Who does that?  The someone is someone like me and my girls....or even my Mom and sisters too.  Lexi has started painting and really wants to take a class or two either in school, at some place like Joann's or maybe even somewhere else.  For that matter, my Mom could teach her a lot.  We shall see.
Lexi has decided to start some sewing projects.  She wants to earn a little money and open her own Etsy shop.  I told her she certainly could use mine and I would help her.  She may do that until she gets things going.  So, the craftiness and that burning desire to create has sparked in Lexi.  Look out world!  
I'll post photos of the things she makes once she gets them done.

Well, it's getting late and I need to get a few things done.
Take care my friends and we will talk soon.

From the Missionary:

Photos of the New York, New York North Mission at the Yankees Game, with the Mormon Tabernacle singing.
Photos from the New York New York North Mission site.







New Mission President and his family







Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...