Thursday, July 2, 2015

One HOT day!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Two day work weeks!  LOVE IT!

2) Good music to listen to on my way to and from work.  I love that I can plug my phone into the car and listen to whatever I want to.  Scriptures, books, music.  LOVE IT!!!  

Goals for the Day:

1) Get through my at work day.
2) Change Kevin's wound dressings
3) Dinner
4) Grocery store
5) Garbage cans to the curb
6) Clean
7) Paint - I have one more piece to finish painting!

From the Camera:

One of my Facebook friends posted this today.  
So true!


From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, here is another idea......

Attend an event important to your loved one. Even if it is something you are not remotely interested in, go out of support for your friend, spouse, child, brother, sister, or parent.
Attend your niece's ballet recital, even if you have to sit through 3 hours of other people's kids dancing just to see your niece's five minutes of fame. Go to your baby brother's orchestra concert, or your best friend's graduation, or your parent's favorite musical theater production. Do it because you love your friend or relative, not necessarily because you love the event itself.

Benefits:

You might surprise yourself and find that what interests them actually interests you, too! Regardless, simply by showing up, you are showing that person how much you care for them by taking the time to be there with and for them.

Step It Up:

If your loved one is participating in a performance, surprise them afterward with flowers and words of praise. Or take your niece out to ice cream after her recital to celebrate. Bring her whole dance class! If it's allowed, tape the performance and relive the moment again later.

Keep It Simple:

If you don't have time to attend yourself, invite their friend to go with them instead and pay for the friend's ticket--you are still giving the gift of the experience to your loved one in a kind gesture. Or offer to take them to and from the performance so they don't have to worry about parking. If it is a performance that your loved one is in that you have to miss, request someone else to tape it and you can watch it together at a later date.
From the Kitchen:

From the Spirit:

Best Inheritance You Can Leave Your Children
"What are we working for?  Wealth?  Riches?
If we have embraced the gospel of Jesus Christ, then we are working for eternal life.  Then we are laboring to save our souls.  And after saving our own souls we are laboring for the salvation of our children.  Perchance we leave them wealth.  What does it amount to?.....I want to say that the best inheritance that you can leave to your sons and daughters is an investment in the kingdom of God.
-Heber J. Grant, Gospel Standards, p. 182

From the Schmidt's:

A few highlights of the day:

1) Work was busy in the morning today, but slowed down towards the end.  AND I got a big "kudos" from a business partner today!  That set the tone for the entire day.  Thank you!

2) Every time I get into the car with one of my kids they always hook up their phones to the car radio so we can listen to the music they have downloaded.  Lexi got me listening to 5th Harmony's song, Sledgehammer, and now I can't stop listening to it.  I played that dang song over and over again all the way to and from work today.  I know, I have a problem.  BUT, it has such a catchy beat.  It puts me in a good mood and I completely enjoy my time in the car now.  Thank goodness I drive the freeway and people can't really see me dancing and singing in my car.  I always turn down the music and act like a Mom when I hit the surface streets.  LOL!  

3) When I got home from work, I grabbed something to eat quickly.  I eat something small for Breakfast, skip lunch, and usually come home ready to eat the legs off any table in the house.  As if!  So, after I got something to eat, I went in and talked to Kevin for a bit, and eventually drifted off the sleep.  I was out for about two hours today.  This heat really takes it out of me.  I no likey that!  I have all these great intentions to get things done around the house, and it just never seems to happen.  Arg!  ~smile~smile~

4) Kevin is in a lot of pain today.  So much so that he even called his doctors today.  The surgeon said he has been doing too much.  Kevin said he was on his hands and knees picking something off the floor yesterday.  When the doctor heard that he kind of nicely reminded him that he was to be flat on his back for 7 days straight.  He said if the pain got worse or things changed to call them back and head straight to the E.R.  When Kevin told me this earlier in the day, I had visions of us spending our evening at Banner Gateway tonight.  Thankfully, the pain has not gotten worse.  Poor Kevin.  That man has been through so much!  AND who knew picking up a piece of paper off the floor would have this effect.  Yikes!

5) I got a nice text from Danielle yesterday.  She was apologizing for being a stinker to me.  She hasn't been feeling very well lately and I know she really should not have come over but she did.  I am always glad to see her.  My kids say she is my favorite child, but she isn't.  I love and like all of my kids for different things.  ALL of them are my favorites.  Who could make a decision like that anyway?  

Are you looking forward to this weekend?  Got big plans for the 4th of July?  We don't have anything big planned.  Just family time with a few fireworks with the neighbors.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, filled with love and laughter.  Take care my friends, and we will talk soon. 

From the Missionary:

Straight from the NY, NY North Mission's past missionaries:

What items were hard to get or not available:

- We had most things.

-Nothing, just wait until you see Walmart in downtown White Plains, New York.  It's in a skyscraper like building.  It's pretty awesome!  They have so many shopping centers, Sears, Kmart, Payless, etc. if you ever need clothes. 

What did you eat the most of?

-Pizza, Chinese, Steak, Spaghetti

What is the craziest thing you ate?

-Chicken Foot Soup

What was most surprising about the culture?

-The city was dirty.  People were always in a hurry.

-Seeing all of the apartments in New York.  I mean, of course we see parts of New York in videos or read about them in books, but until you are actually there and seeing it all, it's worth it.  Meeting actual New Yorkers is so amazing.

What advice would you give to someone going to the New York New York North Mission?

-Love the people, be obedient, and work hard.

- Love, Love the people you meet, work hard.  Be obedient in All Thing.

What do you wish you had known before you served?

- More about the scriptures.

Other comments:

- Whoever gets this mission as to where to they are going to serve, they are going TO LOVE IT!


Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...