Monday, July 13, 2015

Just a few things....


This is going to have to be a quick one, so I left a few things out...

From the Schmidt's:
For what started out to be a very short day has turned out to be a super long one.  

As some of you know Kevin went back for surgery today.  They were moving a lead wire for his spinal nerve stimulator that had slipped down causing him chest and abdominal discomfort and shot his pain level through the roof.  

We were hopeful all would go well and we would be back home by 2pm today.  I guess Kevin's body had other ideas when he had more pain and chest and abdominal discomfort as well as no feeling in his legs after surgery in post-op.

Needless to say, Kevin became this surgeon and the surgical nurses first official full blown emergency when they had to rush him back into surgery a half an hour later.  Talk about scary!  I told Kevin to play nice and behave before I left him in Pre-op, and he said he would.  Sometimes that man just doesn't want to listen.  😊

With this second surgery they had to go in and remove the spinal nerve stimulator all together.  Now that both surgeries are over, He still has the chest/abdominal pain as well as no movement in his legs.  The doctor thinks a nerve might have been irritated at some point, or worse there is some other underlying problem, possibly a spinal cord injury.  So, they have ordered an MRI to try and get to the bottom of this.  Kevin has been admitted but thankfully not in ICU or telemetry like they thought they would need to do.  The doctor first thought Kevin had a stroke on the operating table.  I doubt that is the case now.  We will know more hopefully tomorrow.  

Needless to say, I called the Mesa Temple right away and placed Kevin's name on the prayer roles in between the two surgeries and our four consults with the doctors and nurses today.  We all appreciate your support, faith, and prayers.  We know that our Heavenly Father is very much aware of Kevin at this time and He knows exactly what Kevin is going through at this time.  We  have placed this in our Heavenly Father's hands and we are at peace as we know we will have answers soon and Kevin will be home soon too.  It is at times like these that remind us of our love for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for his Atonement, and for the restored gospel on the earth today.  We love you and appreciate you all.

From this Missionary:

This made my day!!!!

We got a photo and a letter from Elder Schmidt's new mission president.  Here is that photo....



Curtis looks happy and that is certainly worth every minute he spends serving the Lord.  Just look at that smile.  Love it!
Have a good night and I keep you updated.  Take care and we will talk soon.

Quote of the Day:

Sometimes He Calms The Storm

Troubled waters came my way, the angry storm grew near,
I prayed to God to speak the words to make it disappear.
It seemed the waves would not obey, the Master's call for peace.
But then the Lord spoke to my soul, reminding me He had control.
And said this time His words were meant for me.

Sometimes He calms the storm, sometimes He calms me.
Sometimes the storm still rages on, but I feel the sweetest peace.
It's such a joy to know that my Lord knows just what I need.
Sometimes He calms the storm, sometimes He calms me.

Circumstances may overtake and bring me to my knees.
But when I feel I cannot go with this life's troubled seas.
I call on Him, Who's voice can still, much greater storms than these.
His words bring peace into my soul, when He says child I'm in control.
And with one touch He calms the storm in me.
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...